User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! BRRR!!! Let the dog out this morning and she did not waste anytime doing her business so she could come back in.

Another busy work day- hopefully just the morning but we will see.

I didn't leave the house at all yesterday so hoping to get out today after work for awhile.

Think I will pull pasta sauce from the freezer and make pasta for the boys for dinner. (I will eat my shrimp/rice/green beans)
    DS opened a jar of sauce that I will add to it so it doesn't get wasted.

Have a good day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I do not know what is up this week but I am just feeling so off. I woke up at 5 am this morning I needed to get up get my day started, my to-do is unreal but I just physically felt like I couldn't and stayed in bed for 2 hours and now I am running behind but it is my own fault.

I have so much I need to get done but at the same time I sit here staring at it and just cannot figure out how to make it work. At work I have a training plan to rewrite and I can't I stare at it, but I just cannot bring it together. I need to sort out the new product line but again I cannot make it make sense.

At home there is so much to do but I look at it and do not know where to start, I know I should just start at the top of the pile and work down but I just feel so lost. But on the flip side, I am on top of all of the day-to-day stuff, the kitchen is always clean, I have kept on top of the snow.

I don't know, it is just one of those weeks.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well yesterday i came down with a fever,cough and sore throat .Sebastian was coughing the whole weekend when we were there .Not covid.
    @coupongirl sorry that you are not feeling well,thankful that it is not covid. Praying for all concerned!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

SNOW DAY!

I've been up since 3am and it was snowing heavily and it’s not slowing down (9am). Dh and I are taking a snow day since our local roads are bad and it’s not worth the risk. We’re going to workout this morning together and then it’s laundry, light cleaning and checking out this weeks flyer previews. More curious than anything.

Stay warm everyone

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks friends for the take-out/eat at home feedback! It seems like we're all on the same page when it comes to mealtime.
    I would like to say that's the same case when it comes to Timmies as it all adds up too.That said with today's temperature and then discovering what direction the wind was coming from I did a u-turn on my walk and went to Timmies so that I could live to see another day(so cold despite bundling up).Again my apologies to those in the really deep deep wind chills and our west coast friends who are experiencing record lows.
    Time to go as must prepare slow cooker(what I call a crock-pot) chicken dinner. Easypeasy and hail my device that is going on 37 years old!
    Bundle up well if you're headed out today.Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Rescued a 3-pound ham from the compost trail.

Here's this week's episode of, "What will he eat?"

I'm cleaning out my mother's pantry and kitchen. I come across things like frogs' legs, lamb, pork liver, pork loin, scallops, prime rib bones, chicken bones, yellow soy beans, black soy beans, black-eyed beans, red beans, mung beans, sheets of bean curd, black fungus, white fungus, figs, and other such things. Waste not want not, so everything goes into the pot.

There was one can of lotus bean paste, of unknown date. I could see it was bubbled and gas escaped, when I opened it. Oh, oh. A sure sign of botulism. I have consulted with dieticians and been told that it can be made safe to eat, as long as I bring it to a roiling boil for at least 10 minutes. It's not like the lotus paste is expensive or special, but I have to have the courage of my convictions. The pot has been boiling for hours. I'll let you know if I start to suffer symptoms.
    @HermanH "what will he eat?" Your convictions are admirable however please take care of yourself!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well just came back from the doctors ,she thinks it is strep throat and an ear infection.Little grandkids are petry dishes she said.lol

I stopped in rexall to get my prescription had to wait 30 minutes,so i got red and silver tin foil wrap .45 cents each
    Watkins foam peppermint soap 1.45 and my boi k ,i am home now just resting -tired .

They asked me to wear a mask and the doctor thanked me ,maybe numbers are picking up for sure they would be we are inside more .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    @HermanH "what will he eat?" Your convictions are admirable however please take care of yourself!
    I'm still alive! I'm amazed at how good the stew tastes. I think that the red beans and paste contributed immensely to its sweetness. My addition of chili peppers brought the heat and surprised me at how good sweet and hot could be.

Salvaged 10 cans of various peas, beans, and peaches from a trip to the dump.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boiled 1/2 dozen eggs this morning, put them into a bowl with some water, and set it outside my door, to use Mother Nature's free refrigerator. I come back later and there's only 5 eggs. Sheesh. I can't believe an animal took it, so it must have been some 2-legged thief. The things some low-life scumbags will do.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Woohoo it's almost Friday!

Last night I popped out to load up on the bacon deal. 12 packages Will keep a few out and put the rest in the freezer.
    Also picked up 2 dozen eggs and received 2000 pc pts each.

Today- Wrote out a small list of things I want to get done around the house on my work breaks. Not doing much today just the regular daily stuff.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Freezing rain is coming today so it’s a chill home day (no pun intended). Guess it’s a frugal day since I won’t be shopping…….

Stay warm and safe everyone

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday I had to go into the office to meet with AR, we were doing some cross-training. I now know how to process export docs for overseas shipments. Also met with our Plant Manager as he is short-staffed. When I finish with my current new staff member I am going to do some cross-training, the plan is in process.

On the way, I stopped at Canadian Tire and grabbed some bins that are on sale to pack up some of the stuff from the Dining Room that will move to the basement (Glass Jars, Depression Glass). Glad I stopped on the way down as I would not have stopped on the way home.

I had a massive headache when I got home, I made dinner but that was it so the kitchen is a disaster because the dishwasher needed to be emptied. Need to tackle that today. Last night I made Baked Potato Soup, it wasn't on the meal plan but needed comfort food and saw a commercial with Potato Soup and was sold.

Not sure about dinner tonight yet, I have no cravings or wants so we shall see.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Feeling a lot better after 3 pills,no more painfull swallowing.Just tired a bit.
    I have not gotten a major grocery shop in a few weeks using up what i have opened a tin of peaches last night after having soup for supper as it was still painfull swallowing.

Fever is gone also ,i am staying upstairs so as to not pass this on to hubbyas you are still contagious until after 48 hours on meds .

Everyone have a great day.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sending big ole healing (((hugs ))) to you @coupon girl !!
    Name:  200w.gif
Views: 61
Size:  28.0 KB

This morning was my day to get fuel for the vehicle and shop a few items. I've become downright furious about the price of fresh berries! So I've again refused to pick any up.
    We never do frozen except 2 summers past DH insisted on making Margueritas. Other than that there are no fruit smoothy fans here.

However, at GT I did grab 6 cans of .67 Campbell's soup, 2 x cartons Chapman's Ice cream @ $2.97 each, 2 x Lactancia cream cheese @ $1.97 ea. 2 x pumpkin pies!! @ just $2.00 ea.
    ( they went right into the deep freeze ) , and 2 x 2lb. bags of onions @ $1.97 ea.
    Then I hopped over to NF just 2 minutes away to get 3 x whole chickens. ( total for the 3 was $20.06 ) , rescued 3 x 50% off bread products ( Rubschlager Rye and Brizzolio Sausage buns ) , more freezer items. Had wanted to hit FreshCo for their Red Prince apples on sale but had no energy left, so came back home.
    There's always tomorrow and the weekend!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

has anyone owned or used a food saver or food vacuum? you put food in a plastic bag and the machine draws the air out then seal the bag. I'm looking for one and it ranges in prices. I don't need anything fancy or the capability to do containers. I'm looking for air to be sucked out of the bag then seal the bag. TIA

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information