User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Day, I actually got more done than I had planned so I am happy.

The Dishwasher was emptied and I decided to run a clean cycle, it needed it so I did this running a vinegar wash.

By this time we had had lunch so dishes were ready to go in.

I made a batch of Spredables because I wanted to make Garlic Bread to go with dinner.

Had to come up with plan C for Dinner, originally was thinking Chicken Parm (but would need to make sauce and it was too late), then I thought French Onion Pasta Bake (but we are out of Mushrooms, will have to run to No Frills tomorrow, I see they have the Naturally Imperfect on sale), then I pulled some Pasta Sauce from the Freezer and was going to make Cheese Tortellini but my sauce was not defrosting quick enough. So we landed on Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna because I could dump the sauce in still partially frozen.

I finished up two crochet projects for Mom. She has a pillow she rests her arm on, we have had this pillow forever, no idea how old it is well over 10 years. It was starting to show its age, there was a hole developing so I crocheted a cover for her which matches her neck pillow.

As well years ago I made both of us fingerless gloves we would wear well working on our laptops (mine were actually for work when I worked in the Bunker which was always cold). Mom asked if I could make her one out of a thinner yarn she could use when she colouring as her hand on her craft mat is getting irritated. The pattern I originally used has been marked as spam and I cannot open the site so had to try to recreate. This one was a challenge, I restarted 5 times but finally figured it and got this done today as well.

I spent some time on Pinterest looking for new projects I could try. Found some cute little things I can work on to keep me busy. Think my next project will be a phone stand.

Kitchen is almost clean, just need to wash the instant pot, I have it soaking well Mom's after dinner tea steeps.

I know I have so much to get done this but so not ready for work tomorrow, good news it is a work from home day so hopefully I can knock it all out.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Feb 19th, 2024 at 07:27 PM.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a box of Harvest Crunch and some Ferrero Rocher, abandoned in a shopping cart; a nice afternoon snack.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Tuesday Everyone.

My back is still reminding me it is unhappy but it is getting better. I made sure to stretch before bed and first thing this morning.

Was up just before 5 this morning so started work at 6 to knock out a few things before the chaos of the day starts.

I ran to No Frills at 8 am this morning, if I go at 8, I can get in and out in 10 minutes if I wait and go at lunch it takes me 30 minutes. So we will consider it my lunch since I usually eat at my laptop anyways.

I grabbed:
    2 x Milks $4.88 (1 for the freezer)
    1 x Half & Half $2.99
    2 x Astro Yogurt $2.29 - $1 WUB 2 Coupon
    2 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms $4 + 400 pts (50 pts/$)
    1 x Lemons 2 lbs $2.88
    1 x Rice Krispies $3.49

I was going to grab a few other things, the Naturally Imperfect Mini Cucumbers were $4, I would have grabbed a bag but they were all squishy and most bags had mold. I also decided not to do any price matching, I just wanted to get in and out.

I know Mom wants to go shopping so depending on how she is feeling we might head out after work. But I wanted to make sure I got our must haves incase she decides she doesn't want to go out.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny day here to start.

Had 2 things to deal with this morning. #1 is done! #2 will take 2 mins to pull all together!
    Then hopefully I can deal with #3 and then clean off my desk of all the little things.

Made oatmeal for breakfast. Haven't had it in a long time but need a change from eggs/bread etc. Topped it with walnuts and fresh blueberries. Oh Yum! This is the breakfast plan the rest of the week

I picked up a tray of BLSL chicken breasts yesterday so that will be dinner tonight. With roasted red potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower.
    Then tomorrow I will make a pot of rice to go with the leftover chicken and veggies.
    The chicken was suppose to be last nights dinner but decided on pulling homemade meat sauce from the freezer and making pasta. It was an easier choice as yesterday turned into a very lazy day.

Hope you enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! I was reading with interest @harbie and @SassyAshley take on take out which for us is pretty non existent(except coffee which doesn't count imo).One of those rotisserie chickens is about it but with our own sides not that overpriced stuff! or maybe a burger when coupons are out! Even then it's not cheap!
    I always have and probably always will prefer my own cooking without the hassle of going somewhere and then paying a tip on top!
    Lately the flyer pickings have been slim along with those PC offers so I am thankful that when something is on sale as I will get an extra one or two which helps in times like these.
    With all this talk on food I should start getting dinner in gear. Blessings to you and those you love!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hurray! The CRA assessed my taxes but they released the notice on Family Day. I wouldn't even have thought to check then. I'm curious why the CRA changes the numbers on the forms from my employer. I have waited over an hour and asked three CRA agents so far.

In other news, I have bought a basil plant but found out it's much to small to be actually usable anytime soon. So I can only smell it and then go out and buy more basil. Lol!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am with you on the rotisserie chicken @Skippy . Nowadays, my oldest likes sushi and no one else in the family likes salmon so it's a once in awhile treat. My only take out is with the $10 Tim's GC I get from my company on my birthday. Even then, I use it to take other people out because I have no clue what to get so I will get the lowest priced thing.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening -spent the day helping son paint his diningroom and hallways today hubby and my son did the rollering .I painted the trim work -ohh my back is a bit sore now.It is a lovely teal colour -it is amazing how much paint bringhtens up a room .

Wednesday hubby and son will do the living room and kitchen .I may not go as a friend wishes to come visit me.

Son treated us to pizza and soft garlic bread with cheese loaf ,which i was able to eat.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Feb 20th, 2024 at 07:20 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@sweet sparrow and @Skippy you 2 have incredible willpower OR rather great frugal minds to avoid eating take out food.
    Even though many of our restaurant fare has been paid using our GC's or DS offers us a treat by paying the entire bill, we should stop.
    The caloric price paid is immense.
    That being said, today in the mail was a huge flyer with a whack of coupons for Wendy's. From what I can see it's about $8.00- $9.00 for
    a single combo meal OR $16.00-$17.00 for 2 to dine. Is that value? ha ha
    DH and DS are more the burger fans, but I'll bet these coupons will not tempt them at all.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    or maybe a burger when coupons are out! Even then it's not cheap!
    Are you a fan of Wendys? I have found a really cheap method of getting a Baconator for $4 or $4.50 That's a 1/2 pound of hamburger and 6 bacon strips (about another 1/4 pound equivalence).
    harbie, Purdee and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I'm interested. What's the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Are you a fan of Wendys? I have found a really cheap method of getting a Baconator for $4 or $4.50 That's a 1/2 pound of hamburger and 6 bacon strips (about another 1/4 pound equivalence).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I'm interested. What's the trick?
    PM sent

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and trying to get my day started but I woke up with a massive sinus headache which is making today a little more fun but pushing through as I have to teach online training in half an hour.

Also had to move our cars for snow clearing even though it is supposed to rain today but I am sure it is a safety thing. It was so much easier when they did this at 11 am not 9 am. So I out early to make sure I could get a spot for both cars.

It is new flyer day which seems odd since I just went shopping yesterday. I have not looked at them, hoping for some good fruit sales. But we will see once I have a chance to look.

I was going to go to Costco today but just as I am finishing work it is supposed to start raining and I really don't want to load and unload my car in the rain especially since Costco is big and bulky. It isn't like local shopping where I can usually bring it in, in one shot.

Hoping this headache passes by the time my training is done as I have a few house things I want to knock out. Slowly the back is getting better and I think I can finally vacuum again. Yes, it is weird but where I hurt my back the motion of pushing the vacuum hurts.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Wednesday! The sun is shining and the snow is melting away!

Today- Work- I don't expect a crazy day which is nice. Catch up on some things.

Clean kitchen. Dry towels in washer. Trim the dogs beard Clean the back of my SUV. (organize shopping bins/bags)
    Go to gym. Pick up romaine lettuce. I will be happy if I get all that done today.

Looked over the upcoming sale flyers. The only think I really want to look at is the roasts/steaks. May redeem and prep the freezer with steak strips for easy meal ideas.

Have a great day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good luck on your list of errands @Frugalbigmama
    @SassyAshley I had a peek at the flyers and for veg I see broccoli at WM for 94 cents each, asparagus at FB for $1.88 each, at GT there is celery, 5 oz. clamshell of baby spinach and heads of iceberg all for $1.97 each, strawberries at NF for $1.87.
    I know you get really good deals at Costco so not sure if you'd go for any of these stores sales.

The sun was out early this morning making my trip to the gas station a little more pleasant, so what did I go and do? Reloaded my Shell Flex pass car wash card, 5 car washes
    ( good for 1 full year ). I earned 85 AM on that purchase, then decided to wait in line to get the first one . Vehicle is all all clean and glistening now. THAT was all I did outside....ha ha . I mean we need next to nothing for groceries. Made a batch of date squares for DH before 7 a.m. He mentioned if I go out, look for some. Yuck! Store bought ones never measure up. He'll enjoy these way more.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information