User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you skippy ,i have been icing and putting heat on my bruises.Didnt do anything except rest today .I even missed seniors day at shoppers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and i went over to sons at 8.30 to help with painting his inside of his house today was the living room .So i was in charge of the white trim everything was fine til about 11.30 a.m .So the guys had 2 sheets on the stairs after doing the upstairs wall,i went to remove the one sheet ,misjudged the steps and fell down 3 bottom steps -honestly i fell a few months ago .

So a bruised right shoulder ,my wrist was a bit sore and outside of my bottom .My son ran and yelled mom and picked me up (gee i just love him ).I didnt want to drive home as hubby would be having son drive him back .So i had a bath there as the guys worked -son asked me if i wanted to just relax .He gave me a THC bath bomb-which relaxes the body .lol

Then i just stayed in ashlyn's room and rested til we left at 1.55 p.m

I am having a friend come and visit on thursday so just chilling maybe we will go to timmies for lunch thats it .

@coupon girl sorry that you fell. Hope you are on the mend and is feeling much better. Put your feet as much as you can because rest cand do a lot of wonders for our body .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another sunny start to the day!

Picked up another $50 bag of dog food for $12 yesterday woohoo!!! Not sure what they are doing but there was 1 bag on the shelf again. Guess I will just have to keep popping in and get them while I can.

I just finished something on my work list to get done today!!! Have taco meat simmering on the stove. Multi tasking!
    DS will appreciate tacos before his late hockey game that is 1.5 hrs away....I think I may skip this one and go tomorrow night. They don't play till 9:30pm and usually go till 11pm so we wouldn't get home till very late and I am very tired today already And we are still dog sitting...
    So I will get the taco stuff all ready (shred the cheese and lettuce etc) so that should make up for me not going

Off to clean the kitchen while the taco meat finishes up. Then a shower so I am dressed for Purolator!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2024 at 09:51 AM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@walkonby I was just raised different. My parents had a restaurant where I could have all the take-out I wanted on a daily basis, but Mum always had the homecooked meals because she knew eating fast food 24-7 would do me in. The more bad food I ate, the more herbal cleanse soups she'd make me drink. Ha ha! I remember this nasty black tar one that you'd have to plug your nose to drink. When I went off to post-secondary, I found other kids who grew up with it too. So it is a real torture weapon...

We can't stay away from it completely. The more people in the community I meet, the more Tims/McDonalds/take-out I frequent. I stick to my $1.59 tea though. There's too much in the fridge at home that needs to undergo "freshness rotation". Lol.

Hubby eats enough take-out for both of us. His workplace has takeout lunches every day and I see it on the credit card bill. I want to tell the kids to marry someone of the same financial mindset when you get older. It's important for your sanity.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl I'm sorry to hear of your fall! Are you sure your wrists are okay? If there's any lingering pain after a few days, feel free to get that checked with a doctor. There are so many small bones in there. I fell last year and took my full weight on the ice. The next day my hand was black and blue and the doctor asked me to get an x-ray. The technician said to hope I didn't break the only bone that won't heal, the scaphoid. I didn't, but I wasn't worried about it until she brought it up!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hit up WM yesterday for a few things.

Nextmilk ( 2/$7.50) -$1wub2 plus $2 on CO51
    Not Burgers $11.99 * cheapest price and a treat.
    Broccoli $1.44/lbs . Only grabbed 2 stalks as the rest were covered in black spots and looked yellow and gross. 3AM claimed
    Butlers Soy curls saved $1 on both
    12 ok Cliff bars for $9.99 reg $23.97 Safeway ( best before mid August)
    4X Tilda heat and ready rice $2.97 - $1 coupon
    Hellmans vegan mayo $5.47 no coupon and the best price I’ve seen lately while in stock.
    Then claimed a whopping 20C on Caddle

It's sad when these are considered deals

Also got to feed my duckies too. The sun came out and was beautiful plus I had Limpy cone up to me looking for his food

Limpy is on the right with his bad leg extended
    Name:  20231119_140550.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  561.6 KB

Yesterdays view at the lagoon
    Name:  20240222_164540.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  402.5 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2024 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Can’t turn the pics

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@harbie . It's the Hellmans for me. DS uses it on everything. The price jump on this I really noticed! Wish there was valid $1 off coupons but they expired awhile ago...I will have to pick up a few at this price.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , have you checked the price at Costco for Hellmans? We do not use but I found it so much cheaper to buy our Miracle Whip at Costco as it is about triple the size and only $2 more than the sale prices I am seeing locally.
    harbie likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have yet to see the vegan version at Costco unfortunately otherwise I’d be stocking up @SassyAshley .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie I fixed the pics for you.....poor Limpy.

Name:  nature revised.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  duckie revised.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  203.7 KB

I finally went out to do the grocery haul. Got gas first, pfft! heard it's going up ANOTHER cent tonight to $1.49 in many places. I paid $1.34 per Litre
    at PetroCan ( with my 13 cents off each Litre rewards ) .
    Then hit Wmart just to grab their flyer. Used it to PM at NF for 4 heads broccoli ( making them a .24 cent money maker...lol ), scored 3 packages of
    Schneider's ALL BEEF bologna marked at $1.97 each! ( froze them once I got back ).
    Then on I went to GT ( celery, baby spinach and baby carrots all $1.97 ea.), got my free 400 gram bag of chocolate covered raisins ( my b'day coupon ) .
    Last stop Metro. Redeemed 570 AM to shave off $60.00 from the bill, paying the remaining .75 cents OOP. Included in the shop were 2 tins of chili spicy tuna.
    ( These are Selection Brand, 2/$3.00, I used receipt to enter the contest online when I got back home ).
    To say I was DONE when I got back is an understatement. So bushed but it was absolutely gorgeous out, sunny!! Left my coat in the vehicle to go into each store.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie beautifull pictures.

Sweet sparrow thanks my wrist is okay no bruise,my shoulder and hip took the brunt of it.I slept 8 hours last night,with heat off and on my body plus ice this morning .I also have arnica gel for the bruises.

Sweet sparrow ,so true you should have a spouse who is on the same mindset as you concerning money both hubby and i are savers.My son is a saver or tries to be ,his wife well her parents taught her live for today mentality-which i dont care for.

My daughter well her ex didnt care about money before marriage and thru the divorce he didnt either .They saved a ton of money by going to a mediator.They are so amicable now,as they raise sebastian 50% each.

Great savings walkonby -i really need groceries but it can wait til sunday or monday .As we are going to toronto to see daughter and sebastian on sat.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2024 at 01:19 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    UGH, woke up at 11:47 pm last night wide awake thinking it was morning, I only went to sleep around 10. I always wonder why things like that happen, what woke me up???

Yesterday turned into a super busy day. One of our branches had an issue, took me 2 hours to find and fix it, sad part was for the first hour and a half I was going down the wrong path, but I found it, I fixed it and we can all move on.

When I needed a break I did run to No Frills, it quick become "one of those trips."

I am not sure what is up but my No Frills was bare, they had no Broccoli (not sure if someone realized Wal-Mart had it on sale so they were choosing to not put it out), they had no blueberries which was causing quite the stir. Well I was shopping I saw 6 different people complaining/buying the wrong ones, they only had the full pints, no half pints which are what is on sale.

They had no ground beef (I was going to Price Match Zehrs), I asked and was told "we have ground chicken," um, not the same thing but thanks. For the second week in a row, no Frozen Fries.

I was not able to Price Match the Broccoli because they did not have any, I could not Price Match Grapes, I knew as soon as I saw them, Food Basics Flyer says Jumbo Grapes where is No Frills sign says Green Grapes so not go there (they are different products as per No Frills) and then they denied my Asparagus which I still do not understand.

No Frills has a 325g bunch on sale for $1.99 each and Food Basics has it for $1.88 each but when I tried to Price Match it was denied because as per No Frills we charge by the lb not by each. I pointed out in their flyer it shows each but was told nope we enter it as 4077 (I assume the code) and it prices it per pound and it will just equal $1.99 so there no way for us to enter the price of $1.88. I left it.

I love that No Frills Price Matches but I find more and more unless it is a simple packaged product it is becoming so hard to Price Match, which I am sure if done on purpose hoping people will buy it because there are there. But, nope, I am not one of those people, I will leave it behind.

I did manage to get:
    4 x Palmolive Dish Soap $1.25
    1 x Beef Roast $4.49/lb
    1 x Mandarins $2.88
    2 x Vanilla Almond Mil $2.99 (PM Zehrs) - $1 each CO51 + Bonus $0.50 for claiming 2 offers
    2 x Strawberries $1.87
    1 x Minim Cucumbers 11-count $5.99
    2 x Cream Cheese Chips $3.49 + 50 pts/bag

The roast will be cut up until Strips or Chunks for the freezer. Never seen Cream Cheese Chips before (Chocolate Chips but Cream Cheese) excited to try these, thinking pumpkin muffins.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @coupon girl I'm sorry to hear of your fall! Are you sure your wrists are okay? If there's any lingering pain after a few days, feel free to get that checked with a doctor. There are so many small bones in there. I fell last year and took my full weight on the ice. The next day my hand was black and blue and the doctor asked me to get an x-ray. The technician said to hope I didn't break the only bone that won't heal, the scaphoid. I didn't, but I wasn't worried about it until she brought it up!
    I have seen and helped a few seniors, after seeing them take a tumble. They are always so embarassed and want to rise, immediately. However, I always counsel them to take a moment, a few deep breaths, and then check out their body and joints for broken bones, even if they are sitting on the cold, hard ground. I think that it would be worse for them to try and stand on broken bones or injured joints. I get them to start wiggling their fingers and then move to a self-examination of each joint; from wrist, to elbow, to ankles, knees, and hips. If nothing appears broken, then I help them up. I hope that this process might protect them from further injury.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thank you @walkonby . I have no idea why they flipped. I’ve been able to fix them before but I totally blanked out.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I hate prepping taxes. That is all.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information