Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mesta
  • 1 Post By Minou

Thread: maybe just super sensitive

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hi
    Anyways I had a miscarriage last and I've been depressed ever since so I go to my dr for the results of the pathology of the baby. He tells me she was a healthy baby girl. I didn't listen to recommendations to wait to try again so I told him there might be a chance I may be pregnant again so the reciptionist does a test but it gets strange so when I gave the pee sample there was no indication it was from as there was two with no names on them (the bottles) so the lady does it and this part is where im upset. The dr comes in the room says congratulations its negative. At that I didn't like that as he knows I want a baby. So I leave I look in the room where the pee samples were didn't I notice the one I put in the same spot and the other one gone.

I know its only been six weeks and if I am pregnant it could show a negative reading as this happened when I was pregnant with my ds.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by mama_to_one_in_a_half; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

first of all, let me say sorry for the terrible loss. its truly very hard to deal with such a thing. and second, im sorry that you had to deal with such an insensitive doctor. many of them believe that a baby is a hardship, not a blessing. if you are pregnant, then congratulations, and if not, keep trying - whats meant to be will be. wish you all the best and god bless.
    countrycouponer likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Oh my gosh, what an awful thing for your doctor to say! I am so, so, so sorry and I hope if you are pregnant right now you can sustain the pregnancy and have a wonderful, healthy child!

I don't think you were 'super sensitive" about the doctor--I think you were everything you should have been! I have lost many babies due to still births, miscarriages, ectopics, etc. and whenever someone would make comments like that I'd break down into tears. My last OB/GYN was a jackass when he told me I'd never be able to have children. He said something to the tune of, "Look at it this way - you'll never have to waste money buying diapers! You'll be rich!" I was so shocked all I could was say, "Thanks," and leave. Broke into tears when I left - couldn't believe the way he told me.

Some doctors need to be a tad more sympathetic to patients... especially about things like this!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm sorry for your loss. You and your husband must be having a difficult time right now.

Remember that is probably is best to wait to make sure that your body is prepared to carry another baby. My first pregnancy turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy, and I had to wait an entire year (with regular blood tests) to try again. If I hadn't, and if some of the molar tissue was still there, it would have jeopardized my health and destroyed the next (healthy) baby. I know the desire to get on with things and try to move past the loss, but if the doctors are telling you to wait a few months, there may be a reason they want you to wait.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

You should have reported him to the college of physicians and surgeons as his behaviour was completely inappropriate and likely against their code of ethics!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    Oh my gosh, what an awful thing for your doctor to say! I am so, so, so sorry and I hope if you are pregnant right now you can sustain the pregnancy and have a wonderful, healthy child!

I don't think you were 'super sensitive" about the doctor--I think you were everything you should have been! I have lost many babies due to still births, miscarriages, ectopics, etc. and whenever someone would make comments like that I'd break down into tears. My last OB/GYN was a jackass when he told me I'd never be able to have children. He said something to the tune of, "Look at it this way - you'll never have to waste money buying diapers! You'll be rich!" I was so shocked all I could was say, "Thanks," and leave. Broke into tears when I left - couldn't believe the way he told me.

Some doctors need to be a tad more sympathetic to patients... especially about things like this!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Sad that the doc was a boor.

I also had a negative urine test, but was positive with a bloodtest. Perhaps you should get one.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am sorry for your lost, and I am sorry you had to deal with a very rude doctor. I would get some blood work done to see if you are so you know 100%

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

as everyone else said I'm sorry for your loss... and that your MD was such a *insert name for feminine hygiene product here* What a jerk.

You know your body better than anyone else. If you feel that you are pregnant then there is a strong chance that you are just too early to have it show up on a test. Keep positive thoughts and wait it out a little longer, then maybe go to a different doctor if possible (one who isn't so insensitive) and have them do either another urine test or a blood test as Natalka suggested... If you are not pregnant try not to stress (hollow words I'm sure) and keep as positive as possible, it will happen and sometimes when you least expect it *hugs*

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

I am so sorry about your loss, I am also so sorry you had such an insensitive Doctor, That is just wrong. I hope your new pregnancy test comes back positive
    Also I don't think you are being over sensitive, Dealing with a loss like that is very hard on anyone, So to me you have a right to be a million more times sensitive
    Last edited by Ami1984; Mon, Apr 16th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

So sorry for your loss...time to find a new doctor!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

*hugs*
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Thread Information