User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Truth About Coupon Stealing

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

that would be great...thanks.....I will try to write something out and get it started....if anyone can help me that would be great to....hopefully we can make a difference and one day no more empty tear pads
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    I would sign it for sure! I will even post the link on my blog
    I would post it on my facebook account too I know alot of people who would sign it
    sharkie and saveadollardiva like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

awesome...you are all awesome people....

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Great idea !!! I personally like giving away my coupons when I'm sure I will not use them .. I have never asked for anything in return but when they offer I always say whatever you want to send .. ! I'm ok .. I dont; have much time to go though the wish list and stuff so, whatever the other person won't use I might !!!
    sharkie and saveadollardiva like this.
    Happy Shopping !!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

if everyone just posted what sharkie is putting together I am sure we can get alot of people to sign it.

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

As wrong as it might be I have bought coupons before not even off Ebay it was off of Smart Canucks..It was a trade but, when you ask for a gift card for 5.00 etc as your trade is this not the same as asking for cash? I was extremely happy as I was a new couponer at the time but, if we are going to condemn Ebay etc we need to make sure we aren't doing it here too! After all if I buy off Ebay using Paypal gift card I earned with Swagbucks its the same as sending a Walmart gift card for a trade on here actually it might be a bit more legit as I am "trading my time" collecting Swagbucks to earn the Paypal gift card where I paid cash for Walmart one .
    I personally wish that they wouldn't sell coupons too but, when I did buy mine as a new couponer starting out in an area with very limited coupons at the time(Didnt know then that coups are easier to find different times of the year) trading a gift card was my only option to get going and to start earning a trade rating so people would trade with me when I got going.
    Thumpersmom, Jezebel and Insane like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ I think trading coupons is fine, I have done it. BUT your getting a coupon, not money in return. Your helping someone out as well and helping yourself with no money involved. It didn't cost me anything to give the person the coupon and vise versa. Swagbucks and all those other places to get stuff for free is up to the person as to if they would like to join or not. But once again, your not paying for anything to get the free stuff,,and your using your own time to decided how long you take a survey etc, but in the end your not ripping anyone off. And your helping a company or product by doing a survey.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
    anastasia1009 and sharkie like this.

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

you know another idea might be a sharing tree.like an old school train(not the VWT) but, with the same members (this would be for obvious trust reasons and as you get to know each other you know what to help out with)always on it nevermind wish lists etc you get coups you don,t want you send them on no one gets cash and if they are expiring when you get them you ask next person if they want the expiring ones if not you "fairy them in a local store". the only thing it would cost anyone is postage from time to time (when you mail it out)
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

yes it is true that even people on here but coupons from E-Bay and that is sad....yet the same people complain when the tear pads are all gone....i do not understand the logic of that way of thinking....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ that isnt a bad idea. Like if you know ur not going to use them then share me. Personally I coupon fairy ones I don't use or I give them to people I know who will use them
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I do the same thing....I have no problem giving away my extras.....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If ebay stops allowing it, then alot of people on this site will have a chance to actually get the coupons they want for free and not have to pay for them. People on this site who sell them for money as well is wrong and people should not buy them as well. If you hit a big company like ebay first, alot more people will take notice and will maybe start the same trend if ebay was to stop it
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

People are going to do what they want to do, but if you take even the smallest steps first it can go a long way. Your not going to slove the problem over night, but hey even if you help just 1% to stop the problem, that 1% can be a big difference.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

i agree that is should not be allowed anywhere.....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 50%off View Post
    I agree with the op about people stealing/hoarding coupons to sell on ebay But wouldnt it make more sense to target what goes on on smartcanucks first? Just because its "trade" for a gc, stamps, points, coupons of value, its the SAME THING. Just semantics exchanging for something of value other then cash here is called "trade" while exchanging for paypal funds is "selling" there Don't see how a petition originating on smartcanucks directed at ebay makes any sense with whats condoned in the selling and bragging sections here not only exist but is encouraged
    I agree with you about what goes on at ebay goes on here in certain sections of the forums and how people abuse & misuse coupons and how people are encouraged and even taught by members to do things. I think there should be a petition on Ebay cause stopping at 5% of people who do that does put a dent in the problem and maybe people will learn the correct way to use coupons and how not to steal tonnes of coupons.
    Still need more coffee....
    sharkie likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information