User Tag List

Page 1312 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 312 812 1212 1262 1302 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1322 1362 ... LastLast
Results 19,666 to 19,680 of 20707
Like Tree1765Likes

Thread: SC Fake Twitter Thread!!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    When I put the quarter rounds under the cabinets I'll post other pics. I also have most of the upper cabinets doors on now too , I haven't been able to paint this week at all because it's too windy and cold and I am painting them outside in the driveway.

Hahaha....that's how my kitchen looks right now, no cabinet doors. Suppose to be coming this week, but I won't hold my breathe. The cabinet maker is slower than the second coming of Christ, I'm thinking in two or three weeks, but in the mean time, I'm going to go ahead and give this tile thing a try....good thing I got more than I needed. Needed 33 square feet and I got 48 square feet. If I have leftover and I do a good job, I might use the rest in the bathroom.....
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks, you can do it! This was only my second tiling job lol. I wish I could have done the whoel backsplash in glass but it wodl have ben too expensive. I ended up paying $1.29 a sq. foot for the white 4 x 12 tiles.

For your open end you can use an aluminum edge in brushed or shiny steel. They are sold in 8 foot lengths and the tile slides into it giving you a clean edge. make sure you take a tile with you too the store and get the right width edging. I used 3/8 inch for mine. You can also do a grout edge like in the second pic. here.

Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: sp
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You can also get them in different colors other than stainless steel.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Hahaha....that's how my kitchen looks right now, no cabinet doors. Suppose to be coming this week, but I won't hold my breathe. The cabinet maker is slower than the second coming of Christ, I'm thinking in two or three weeks, but in the mean time, I'm going to go ahead and give this tile thing a try....good thing I got more than I needed. Needed 33 square feet and I got 48 square feet. If I have leftover and I do a good job, I might use the rest in the bathroom.....
    I have been working on this for about 2 months now. I can't really do it full time because I have my folks with us and need a working kitchen all the time. It was bad enough not having a sink for a week. I can see the end of the tunnel now though. I am planning on spraying the remaing cabinets tomorrow some heck or high water. The upper ones are white by the way just wanted to try something a little different.
    SillyLoocie and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

No sink for a week OMG. How did you do it, especially with your folks there. I was lucky, my dh installed my sink the same day they took the old one out and installed my counter tops. I went with quartz with a marble inlaid edge cause I couldn't afford the granite, could find lots of deals on the granite slabs, but they want a fortune to cut it and polish it. I did put in a black granite sink though with a comical faucet, I love that. Thanks for giving me the confidence to try this. It's off to home depot on Monday to find some edging.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Holly my granite are just tiles and believe it or not because I got them from a friend who works for a tile manufacturer I did my counter for under $200 - $6 /a tile . Works for me

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

That a fabulous price for granite tiles, I thought about that, but was not sure about the grout in between the tiles on my counter. I love to cook, and cook a lot, and of coarse am very sloppy when I cook or bake, so I figured I would be better off with the quartz. I can't believe the deal you got on the granite tiles. You got a great deal on your backsplash tiles too, the cheapest ones here start at 14.99 and go up from there. We seem to pay more in Alberta for some reason. Guess its the privilege of having a little oil, lol
    SillyLoocie and Patty Smyth like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I sealed the grout so I'm not worried. I had a kitchen table that i made of tile and the grout was sealed and never had a problem for years.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

See. I'm learning so much, I didn't realize you could seal the grout to protect it against stains and such.....who say's you can't teach a Heinz Pickle Nothing, lol
    SillyLoocie and Patty Smyth like this.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Although my new place isn't as fancy or spacious at Patty's you are are welcome anytime. I will even take you for a spin around the block.

Name:  Mobile digs.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  21.3 KB

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

If the gas prices keep going up, I'll never be able to finish my renovation!

SillyLoocie, Patty Smyth and DH666 like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Concert tonight was amazing - Bryan Adams always puts on a great show! How times have changed. 1985 - happiness was basking in the glow of lighters while being serenaded by Bryan. 2012 - happiness is basking in the glow of smart phones while being serenaded by Bryan.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was doing my volunteer work today at a retirement home and was shocked when I found out one of the residents is a holocaust survivor who was one of the people saved by Oskar Schindler.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Got my new toy today. A food dehydrator. Let the experiments begin!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Got my new toy today. A food dehydrator. Let the experiments begin!

Do some peaches, some bananas, some apples, and some pinapple, then send it to me. I'll try it out for ya and let you know whether or not you should keep it

My dd has one and she absolutely loves hers.
    DH666 likes this.