User Tag List

Thread: SDM Brag

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to first SDM to use the free Simply Food kettle cooked popcorn WUS $5 coupon and I had 5 Lever 2000 body wash, on sale for 1.99 for first 4, 2.50 for the fifth, and use $1 coupons. DENIED!! Told me I had to buy $5 worth of simply food product to get free popcorn. Does not say that on coupon. So I went to another SDM.

4 Lever 2000 body wash, 1.99, $1 coupons
    1 Lever 2000 body wash, 2.50, $1 coupons
    1 popcorn, 2.99

OOP 7.02
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

How silly!! Another case of cashiers making up the rules as they go along.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

OMG.....you should have asked to speak to a manager (? maybe you did)....saved you a trip to another store.
    You might want to email SDM and let them know of your inconvenient experience.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I just left and went to another SDM, couldn't be bothered to speak to a manager. Didn't have a problem getting my popcorn at the 2nd SDM...all is good!

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

We have 3 SDMs in our city & there is one we have like that! Avoid like the plague if possible lol

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

haha this happened to me last weekend when I did the 18,500 pts event WUS $75. She told me I had to spend $5 on Simply Food Popcorn in order to get one free. Then I made her look at the coupon more closley, take her time and read it. As she was reading it I explained it to her at the same time and she finally clicked in.

I was planning on using another one tomorrow since the popcorn is sooooo good. Our SDM sells them for $3.29 a bag, which isn't much cheaper then Smartfood.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I agree! Definitely complain to SDM about it...check their official facebook page, they have an email address where you can send in your complaint as well. http://www.facebook.com/shoppersdrugmart
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

So glad you didn't cave to the cashier.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Gee, it really seems like a lot of the cashiers didn't know this one was coming......too bad it caused so many issues.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great shop!

Perhaps cashiers don't get trained properly? Rarely will you find one who is knowledgeable about coupons, as they don't have the interest or patience that SC have

I still get some who insist on 20x days that I won't get my points if I go below $50 after using coupons. I always make sure my pre-coupon total is $50 so I have stopped correcting them and watch their surprised looks when I still get the points.

BTW, I did the 18,500 pts event WUS $75 last week. My base points were 930 so I think that means my total was $93 before coupons. I ended up returning the Finish Quantum kit worth $10.49 and the cashier warned me that I will lose my 18,500 pts. It doesn't look like I did for now but will I lose the points in the next weeks? Thanks

Thread Information