User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: really annoyed by some traders

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I'm still pretty new to the trading scene, but I use:

1) general trade guidelines (it's posted somewhere on SC) to gauge what the other person may be thinking
    Hand picked coupons are usually traded at $5 per stamp plus a stamp for postage

$20 hand picked coupons - 5 stamps
    $50 hand picked coupons - 10 stamps / $5 GC
    $100 hand picked coupons - 15-20 stamps / $10 GC

HV/FPCs are usually traded for other HV/FPCs

$10 worth of HV coupon(s) - same / $3 GC / $20 reg coupons
    $10 worth of FPC coupon(s) - same / $5 GC / $25 reg coupons

2) what the trade is worth to me
    FallenPixels and babyluck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I don't know, I thought sc is supposed to be a place for us to help each other, but someone on here is making a career out of it, they take coupons way too seriously. I'd rather trade any coupons I don't use for something that I could use.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since I am not yet co-ordinated on the trading end yet, I have been coupon fairy-ing the ones that I can't use.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Everyone owns their coupons so has the right to ask for whatever they want for them. Is it fair for someone to trade an FPC worth $5 for a 0.69 cent stamp? That person is giving up $5 and you are giving up 0.69.

I personally have traded FPCs for regular coupons I really need but I prefer to trade a free item for another free item if it works out that way. I know other people agree with me so if I don't have an FPC to offer them in return, I offer between 2.5 or 3x in regular coupons and people are generally happy to accept and if they don't, I move on. No reason to get angry about it when there are other, friendlier fish in the sea
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I give away most of my coupons, trade a few, would sooner make people smile than worry about the trade factor. I too would rather have coupons I use all the time than an FPC that I don't use at all. Some of the values that people put of their coupon stash can be a bit outragous, you just have to find a trader you feel comfortable with and a deal that seems good to you and don't worry about the rest of them.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizamarie View Post
    tha'ts why I have never been on a train...rarely have any FPCs and when I get them I got them for a reason...I used them
    Agree 100%. I've started setting up trains for this exact reason! I won't get the coupons I want unless I conduct and req Boarding Passes (of course the majority of the coupons I ask for a cents off coupons).
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineMcdonald View Post
    Agree 100%. I've started setting up trains for this exact reason! I won't get the coupons I want unless I conduct and req Boarding Passes (of course the majority of the coupons I ask for a cents off coupons).

I'm surprised that you are already starting to conduct trains. You only have 39 posts, not that this is a factor, but I have only ever done 2 trains, and never again, and these were both with people who have a great standing here on SC and have been contributing for a long time. Trains can go sideways so easy, are you ready for that kind of feedback? Are they newbie trains you are doing? I am only asking because as a longtime member, I would not join a train of anyone with under 500 posts. I am also surprised at the wording...setting up trains.... it is very hard to keep track of 1 train, never mind several. I'm not 100% certain, but you might want to check the rules on SC to see what the actual number of trains is that you are allowed to conduct at one time. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing many more posts from you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    I don't know, I thought sc is supposed to be a place for us to help each other, but someone on here is making a career out of it, they take coupons way too seriously. I'd rather trade any coupons I don't use for something that I could use.
    As someone who started 4 new hobbies last year, it seems that no matter what your hobby is, there are two polar ends: the ones who take it way too seriously and the ones who don't take it seriously at all (the hooligans looking to scam you)....thankfully most people fall somewhere in the middle.

There are lots of people on this site who have been most helpful. And then's there's the ones that weren't so helpful, but I learned a lot from our encounters (I don't make the same mistakes twice, that's for sure!).

The trouble with trading is that it is a 'relative value' proposition, so sometimes it just doesn't jive between two people. It's never a reason to be rude, but sometimes you just have to decline. But when it does mesh well -- you can get some pretty sweet trades going
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

i agree with most of the comments... i would rather give away my coupons (over the value of what i will get on trade) than be expired and goes to recycling bins.....but also there are traders who will send you less than what u agreed upon or worst send u expired coupons (as per my experience)just make sure you remember them and DONT TRADE with them again.
    coupon girl and MiaowTheCat like this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i value MY coupons the amount i think is worth to ME... sometimes i value them as $ for $... but then again i don't have any ... if someone has a FPC that i am interested on I first think of how much it would cost ME to get the product on sale.... then I make my offer...but geezz trading is geting harder and harder ... unless you have the $.75 bd cheese or the Nexus (just to mention a few)... people would rather let the coupons exp.... which is really sad. Watch the trading thread and you'll see coupons popping out that have short exp date....oh well...
    MiaowTheCat likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    i value MY coupons the amount i think is worth to ME... sometimes i value them as $ for $... but then again i don't have any ... if someone has a FPC that i am interested on I first think of how much it would cost ME to get the product on sale.... then I make my offer...but geezz trading is geting harder and harder ... unless you have the $.75 bd cheese or the Nexus (just to mention a few)... people would rather let the coupons exp.... which is really sad. Watch the trading thread and you'll see coupons popping out that have short exp date....oh well...
    If you feel like you're trying to get the ring from Smeagol in the Lord of the Rings, it's probably a good time to decline

Let them 'let them expire' -- and keep looking for another trader. Don't get discouraged. Don't let a few aggressive traders ruin it for you. I swear to you OP (and others who are having a hard time) there are lots of good, kind, fair, friendly and generous traders on here.
    Last edited by iceblueraven; Thu, May 10th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I rarely have FPCs and when I do I tend to use them. I do think that one thing people may be missing out on is the fact that senior traders often have most coupons that are available in their stash already. So they are not really looking or do not have a need for the regular coupons we have to offer. I have traded a few FPCs at equal 'regular' coupon vale and a few others for multiple value. I agree that some traders have become greedy but I have been very happy with 98% of the trades I have done and usually find people here are generous. I always try to ge generous in return.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, May 10th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i have given up on trading simply because people are so demanding and want some outrageous amount of things for fpcs. it easier for me to just order coupons and live with what i get. (that and the amazing RAOKs i get from certain people who are freaking amazing)
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I've had good success trading $5 or a FPC or whatever for random bundles of coupons. I get stuff I did not know existed, stuff I can trade, and stuff I use. Always get more value I use than I sent.

This is good for the other trader too because they can clean out their binder.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I let myself be lowballed, and once agreed, tried to lowball me twice in same trade. OK, I'm out of here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information