User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Dog Is Alive Thanks To Couponing

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I just wanted to share my story about my dog Rocky....Very recently he had some health issues and required expensive surgery and would require medicine and expensive dog food for the rest of his life.....Since I started couponing I put the money every week that I save away.....Needless to say that amount has added up and I will also be able to continue to put money aside....I was able to go ahead and have the surgery done and help my loyal best friend who has given me so much love....When he was 4 months old I was deployed to Afghanistan and was gone for 15 months of his life.....When I returned he was loyally there waiting....He and I share such a special bond.....When I retired last year from the military, I promised him I would never be away from him again.....I feel so happy that with the money I have saved I was able to save his life and keep him with me for a while longer....I thank god and couponing for making this possible.....I know Rocky and I will have so many more good memories to come..... If any of you have any vet coupons i would be willing to trade...lol.... I wish there was such as things as vet coupons!

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  scan0001.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  44.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by sharkie; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    fuzzycoconuts likes this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

ohhh i worked in a vet clinic for a long time. ruptured cruciates are big bucks to repair, and alot of work afterwards with aftercare! not to mention the metcam that he'll probably need which is $$$. thats so wonderful that you were able to help him when he needed it. great job!!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

oh I hope your puppy is ok now!!! I hope he will have a speedy recovery and back to being more comfortable and pain free. He is so cute in the pic. I went through the same thing with my dog Toby, he needed hip ortho surgery, and then went through long recovery and developed early arthritis because of the damage in the joint. Don't know how I scraped together the money, but it was worth every penny.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks for your replies....Rocky is on the road to recovery but he does also faces the risk of arthritis in the joint also....I truly beleive we can never put a price on the love we have for our pets.....My Dh and I had several people tell us we were crazy for spending the money and we should have put him down...how insensitive for anyone to say this

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey Sharkie you are a great human being to have so much love for your pet. My hats off to you, if I were in your place I might not have been able to do this and spend so much money on a dog. But I really do appreciate the caring, loving dog mama that you are. I will go through my coupons and I am sure I will be able to find some dog food coupons for you. Once I find them will PM you for your address and will mail them to you. Let me know if there is any particular ones that you are looking for.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks bijal99 that is so kind of you.....I do not need any pet food coupons since Rocky will now be on a special food only sold at the vets..and thanks again for the kind offer that is so sweet of you....god bless

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    thanks for your replies....Rocky is on the road to recovery but he does also faces the risk of arthritis in the joint also....I truly beleive we can never put a price on the love we have for our pets.....My Dh and I had several people tell us we were crazy for spending the money and we should have put him down...how insensitive for anyone to say this
    I had the same sort of comments made to me and DH when our pup Delila ate a bottle of advil, People said we were crazy spending that much but I would have spent 10 times the amount we paid if we had it, if we didn't I would have found a way.

Rocky is very handsome btw, Your brag brought tears to my eyes just knowing there are great caring people out there that will do anything for their pets

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks Ami1984 it is so nice to there are others who feel the same way about their pets......and thank you for saying how handsome Rocky is...I certainly think he is.....I hope that your pup Delila is well now and no ill after effects.....
    Last edited by sharkie; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Aww, he is adorable! I definately understand the love you have for him. I love my cat like she's my baby. I've paid a lot for her to have surgery at one point myself - ignore the people that make those insensitive comments, they don't know how big of a bond can be formed between pet and owner. All the best to Rocky! If I ever hear any word about deals at local vets I'll let you know

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks Venuila....enjoy the rest of your day...god bless

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so glad your dog was able to get the surgery and I just shae my head in disbelief when I see these vet bills. Like seriously, an injection fee? 60 bucks to just SET UP the catheter? Ughhh.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So glad that he's better, he sure is a hunk of a handsome dog!

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Oh thank goodness he is better! He is sooooo adorable!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm kinda jealous how easy you got off!!! Cat needed dental surgery in October and it was over $3000. My 13lb cat versus your big rottie!

Glad he is doing better and you were able to help him
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you everyone for your kind comments....and Rocky thanks you to.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information