User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good Running shoes?

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey everyone. Im looking to buy running shoes but I've had issues with them before and I really can't afford to buy something Im never going to use. I have some problems with my feet, the arch tends to hurt really badly somedays. Some people say its flat feet but they dont look flat?? Anyways does anyone know of a pair of shoes that are great? Let me know. THANKS!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

You could try orthotics if you have a health plan that covers it. You can also try shoes with a lot of cushioning. I've always liked Saucony but The Running Room has consistently recommended Asics for me.

If you're near a Running Room location, they're very helpful at recommending shoes and I've put mine through many, many kilometers.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If they're for walking, I've been very happy with my Adidas Supernova Cushions (the newer ones might be called Supernova Glide, I think). I'm replacing them this year with a pair of Adidas Response. The Cushions were rated best running shoe by Consumer Reports, but I personally found them terrible for running.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are you going to use them for running or are you looking for comfort? Big difference.

Some of the OTC orthotic products are quite good, hint - Dr. Scholls.

Brooks makes a ladies wide fitting running shoe that I don't need to put my orthotics into and they are bliss to wear. The running parat sucks.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Honestly, I think it all depends on your feet. I know for me, New Balance just doesn't work, they seem to wear out very quickly on me, within a month or two my feet are sore. Reebok is okay, not great, but I wear them when I can't afford a more expensive, better fitting sneaker. I find Nike Fits my feet the best but leaves my knee's sore. I just wore out a pair of gel asics, loved them, they were comfortable until the sole wore out.
    Katrina55 likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My new runners are New Balance and they were quite stiff at first and needed a bit of breaking-in. I also have Asics in a hiker style and they are really comfortable. You really need to try on a few different brands to find out what suits you best, and it can get confusing with each manufacturer putting out numerous styles. Most brands have different levels of price and quality - so if Adidas is recommended, don't assume all of their shoes are top-notch. I always check the materials, stitching, balance, etc of a shoe before purchasing.
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It depend on your use if you runner than i like to recommend you Nike shoes .It has good balance with strong & soft body cover make healthy your feet. it my personal experience this would be the best shoes you want.
    ================
    buy shoes |
    Clothing online |
    Purchase clothes online |

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nike.
    Its a best sports shoe company which is enough for any sports need.So my recommendation is to use the NIKE shoes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Bit late to respond but the best bet is to go to a running store and ask them to do a gait analysis. They will tell you if you're a pronater or a supinator (roll outward) and where you need support. It will be well worth the time you spend. Once you get the shoes ask if they are returnable if they haven't been worn outside. Most places will allow you to return them so if you have a chance to walk / run on a treadmill then do that and get a feel for them.

It's hard to say get this brand or that brand because not all shoes work for the same person. Take it from someone who has a lot of foot problems that getting the right shoes makes the world of difference.

good luck
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Noone else can recommend a shoe for you. Like the previous poster said. Go to a Running Room and get properly fit. I did and the first pair didn't work (have a treadmill) and then tired another pair and have been using that shoe since. Of course it is one of the most expensive shoes but I don't want to wreck my feet. I also recommend bringing in your current pair of running shoes so they can look at your wear pattern.
    gourmetsue likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should purchase Lee Cooper Sports LC 2505 white shoes. It is synthetic from upper side and textile mesh on round toe which gives it breath ability. The shoes are affordable to purchase and much comfortable that can be wear for long distance or for long time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my friend who has the same issue with you often wears Adidas, only i know this.
    if the music's too loud, you are too old.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Advice may not work. Only by trying on the shoes, you'll know whether it suits you.
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Like others have said you have to try them on personally.

I have been super happy with my New Balance that I got at the running room. I have issues with my arches (slightly flat footed) and they ache so bad after a while in regular shoes. I got my NB and they are still the most comfy shoe even after 3.5 years. If I am planning to do a lot of walking like when we were in Arizona I have to wear them or else I will pay the piper later

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information