User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A Guardian Angel saved me....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm happy to be here to post this thread tonight!

I live in Chatham, Ont., but occasionally I take a job in Kitchener, where I used to work and where my db and his family live. I didn't sleep well last night and got up super early this morning. But at 2:30 I landed a job in Kitchener for tomorrow so I packed up and left about 4:30 to head to Kitchener on the 401 highway.

I always travel at about 110km - not too fast, not too slow. It was a sunny afternoon and the car was warm I couldn't find a radio station I wanted to listen to.

I started to get very sleepy. I thought - well, I'll pull over at the first rest stop which is just before London and have a bit of a snooze for 1/2 hr and then continue. I didn`t make it to the rest stop before I fell asleep.

I woke up as my wheels left the road and I headed down into the gully that was the boulevard between the two sets of lanes. I'm travelling at 110 km down the side of the gully and through the very tall grass.
    I notised that I still had my foot on the accelerator and took it off as highway signs went flying by. I slowed down to get the car back up to the shoulder and then back on the passing lane as a transport went flying by me.

Thank you to God and the angels and whoever had my back! Thanks to the drivers who avoided me! I thought for sure I would wreck! My husband said he can't believe that I didn't roll the car at the speed I was going and the terrain!

I stopped at the rest stop - got a caffeinated drink and a chocolate bar - splashed my face with cold water - went back to the car and turned the radio up loud and aimed the AC in my face - but by then I was WIDE awake!

2 km down the road I passed another poor driver who was off at the side of the road making a cellphone call - having hit a deer!

Wow!

It's only 10:00 - but I'm heading off to bed!

It's REALLY GOOD talking with you tonight, my friends!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, May 17th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Wow. Glad you're still with us!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh my goodness! What an incredible story! I am so glad to hear you are okay. I'll be surprised if you are able to sleep tonight though. That was definitely a heart pounding experience. I'd probably be awake for a week after something like that!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

truly your angels were with you today. I know that part of the 401 well and your DH is correct is is a miracle you did not roll. I am so glad you were able to share the story with us. now go rest.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow that must have been so scary! Thank gosh you weren't killed (or anyone else). We really do not listen to our bodies sometimes as I have felt tired behind the wheel before as well.
    DiamondLil likes this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Lordy, my dear Friend......!!!!! Oh, how these things can happen so quickly! I'm so happy that you came out of this unscathed, and are here to tell us about it! I truly believe in angels, and you were certainly surrounded by them then. I wouldn't have expected less from them on your behalf...Thank God you're okay!!!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

So glad you'Re OK!!!
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank God.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that you're okay - it's so scary when stuff like this happens. I once fell asleep behind the wheel on my way home from a factory shift that ran overtime and saw me leaving work at 2:30 am instead of 11:30 pm... Thankfully, I fell asleep while stopped at a red light (just 5 min after I had gotten off the 401) and was woken up when the guy behind me laid on the horn for 30 seconds. I still remember how scared I was, so I can only imagine what it was like for you.

Take care and give extra hugs to all your family <3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I stopped at the rest stop - got a caffeinated drink and a chocolate bar - splashed my face with cold water - went back to the car and turned the radio up loud and aimed the AC in my face - but by then I was WIDE awake!

Glad you are OK, but why would you continue driving being that sleepy? Even if you feel awake after this, all those things that you did to give you some energy, really don't work (they are myths). If your body and mind is that tired, you will fall asleep. It has happen to me once (I tried those exact things) and scared me sh*tless.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks god, that's y i always believe in Higher Power , mighty Power

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm happy your ok. What a scary situation.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

OMG.....I'm so happy that you are alright. It goes to show that we all need to be so very careful when getting behind the wheel of our vehicle. We need to respect the vehicle as it can take our life in an instant. Here, I'm giving this to you, Natalka gave it to e and it helped my daughter, so I'm passing it to you. Please pass it to the next person that needs it.

Natalka, Lynn49 and DaveP like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    OMG.....I'm so happy that you are alright. It goes to show that we all need to be so very careful when getting behind the wheel of our vehicle. We need to respect the vehicle as it can take our life in an instant. Here, I'm giving this to you, Natalka gave it to e and it helped my daughter, so I'm passing it to you. Please pass it to the next person that needs it.

LOL at the bubble wrap!

Thank God you werent hurt - your guardian angels must have been working double duty, it would be so easy to roll a vehicle going off the highway at that speed.

Driving when youre sleepy is so dangerous, you or someone else could have been killed. I am very glad no one got hurt.
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Fri, May 18th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So glad you are okay - with moments' difference you could have been killed or wiped out a family in another vehicle...

You are brave to share your story here; it's a cautionary tale.
    DiamondLil and DaveP like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information