Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Truth About Coupon Stealing

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

they never will ban it I am sure..that is so disappointing

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I made a complaint to Unileaver about the Nexxus coupons and how people are taking whole tear pads and selling them on Ebay and encouraging the overage by buying shampoo at Walmart. Even gave them links about auctions - this was about 3 weeks ago. Then today a letter came in the mail thanking me for my time and telling me that they are aware about Ebay and overage. And that the next round of coupons will omit trial sizes. It was a nice letter and explained to hard to shut down every eBay auction but they do shut them down. But I thought it was funny they sent me 5 Nexxus $3.00 coupons which I don't use. I am glad they are aware of it. If I think of it I will scan the letter in the computer.
    I want to ask a question without getting ripped a new one by certain SC'ers. I agree with the ban on re-selling of the coupons. But if by have the Nexxus company re-adjust the coupons to omit the trial sizes, won't that hurt honest couponers as well? I have FINALLY gotten some of these coupons and used them for the trial sizes. My husband prefers the trial sizes on the road and it is great to get them for free or with an overage. Without the coupons it would cost more money when the purpose of coupons is to save money and encourage the public to try a product. This is defeated when they exclude trial sizes. Where is the middle ground? Please no nasty replies, just asking an honest question.

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

That's how it should be but many are greedy....

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I think as couponers we should share with others....many times I have sent coupons and inserts to people and not even asked for stamps....I also think we should all ban together and make a petition asking E-Bay to ban this practice....I think if enough of us did it that maybe they just might listen.....

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

There is a middle gound, yes it exists but it's so difficult for the companies to reach this point and keep customers happy as well as making a profit. Not everyone is always going to be happy with the outcome but a company can only go so far... greedy people exist and there is nothing the company can do about that fact. It's sad but that's the truth. Hope I answered your question without wandering too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I want to ask a question without getting ripped a new one by certain SC'ers. I agree with the ban on re-selling of the coupons. But if by have the Nexxus company re-adjust the coupons to omit the trial sizes, won't that hurt honest couponers as well? I have FINALLY gotten some of these coupons and used them for the trial sizes. My husband prefers the trial sizes on the road and it is great to get them for free or with an overage. Without the coupons it would cost more money when the purpose of coupons is to save money and encourage the public to try a product. This is defeated when they exclude trial sizes. Where is the middle ground? Please no nasty replies, just asking an honest question.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

it is a difficult call....if things do get changed it will cheat us honest ones out of deals.....I to do get some of the Nexxus trial size ones...i love the product but cannot pay the usual regular high price for it.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

QUOTE=wolfwoman;4705056]I want to ask a question without getting ripped a new one by certain SC'ers. I agree with the ban on re-selling of the coupons. But if by have the Nexxus company re-adjust the coupons to omit the trial sizes, won't that hurt honest couponers as well? I have FINALLY gotten some of these coupons and used them for the trial sizes. My husband prefers the trial sizes on the road and it is great to get them for free or with an overage. Without the coupons it would cost more money when the purpose of coupons is to save money and encourage the public to try a product. This is defeated when they exclude trial sizes. Where is the middle ground? Please no nasty replies, just asking an honest question

It is a tough call and there are points for both sides. I have purchaed trial sizes with coupons only a couple of times when I wanted them for travelling. I think the problem lies with the people that get as many as they can just because they are free ,the company must loose a tremendous amount of money. Personally i don't expect to get free items but it is a bonus when it works out, but I would never abuse the coupons to the point of greed.
    On the other hand these are not new coupons and the company must be aware of the wording that allows this.So some may take it as a green light to go crazy and sell them or clear shelves with them.In my opinion there will always be this type of consumer out there and the companys will decide to either stop distributing coupons or be very restrictive if they do distribute them. This is not beneficial to any couponer but unfortunately this is where coupon distribution is headed.
    We have to remember that the companies are in business and they need to make money, and if the abuse continues prices will rise and coupons will be less available which is not what anyone wants.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nobody loses money on coupons, no matter what size product they are used on.

Manufacturers write off coupons under their promotional and advertising budget to offset taxes owed on sales. When you consider the volume they move directly translates to market share the argument could be made that they actually benefit from the increased sales due to coupon usage.

Retailers may occasionally get burned by a batch of bad coupons for which they do not get reimbursed by the manufacturer. These losses would be written off by the manufacturer, probably as bad debts, but don't quote me on the specific category. Retailers are paid by the manufacturer for both shelf space placement and units sold, plus the handling fee for coupons.

At WORST the manufacturers and retailers break even.
    iceblueraven likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

It's also really cruddy economic times for everybody, which historically has always raised the use of coupons/searching out deals across all income levels.

And not surprisingly, most people say that when their income rises or market stability is restored, they'd stop caring about deals altogether, just like they did before.

Perhaps it's much ado about nothing, and simply a matter of riding it out. Most people will quit.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

we can only hope it will stop....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    Sad thing is Ebay has no shame and will sell coupons as long as it is legal and they are making money. Good lord they are selling the Queens panties to them what is a few coupons??!!!LOL!! Fingers crossed someday it will change.
    They are selling the Queen's panties? LOL - now I have to go and search ebay for those.........what kind does she wear??
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Just think people are trying to get in the Queen's panties for cheap!...lol

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

ha ha that is funny

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post

this is the Ebay auction that pisses me off and I already talked to people at SDM and WM. I heard through the grapevine from WM head office things are going to change and the price of Nexxus is going up to $3.00. I already made a complaint with ebay and contacted the company about this auction that states "This auction is for 15 coupons, each valued at $3 ~ $45 worth, plus if you spend them right, you will MAKE $15 ~ that's a total value of $60! They are valid on ANY Nexxus Salon Hair Care product. There is no size restriction, so if used on the small travel size bottles, you will make $1 on each coupon"

I am pretty sure this is illegal putting this on Ebay and people should not be buy coupons off of Ebay for this purpose.

PS sorry for any errors and boos haven't had first coffee yet

LOL - I wonder if anyone actually bought these. 15 coupons at $3 each is a value of $45 and not $60!!!! If you buy 15 shampoos, you're getting $30 in free product, plus $15 in overage. Their math skills are not the greatest!!

I certainly will not purchase coupons from Ebay...
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

good point...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but I don't buy coupons from Ebay, nor do I trade for them either. I can't tell how you much it bothers me when a deal is posted, and you reply to the thread asking where the coupon is from (most likely still up in the stores) and then you get a PM stating something along the lines of...I have over 300 for trade. Are you still interested? And, they have a ridiculous evaluation of what their coupons are worth. So, I don't buy and I don't trade. I know these traders are very few...otherwise there wouldn't be so much trading going on in the first place. But, for me at least, the best way to avoid these situations is to not buy or trade coupons at all.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information