User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: i need help with work related issue

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

ok i am not an expert...that is why i need your help....i will try to make it short !!

i work in collections and there are 4 other employees that do the same...my company does many other things ...but collections is one of them... so i have 2 co-workers in my same office and 2 others in Montreal...i've been having an issue with one of my co-workers here.

ok, each one of us have our own queue to work everyday, we do collections of $200 to $30,000 and since end of month is coming we want to collect as much as we can (i am the one that makes her target more often than the others)... so last week wed. this guy went into my queue (we can do that, i can see his and he can see mine) and "reviewed" the file and asks me to work it ($13K file) ooook so i reviewed it but ignore since it is MY file i will work it next day. next day comes and he sends me and email about same file and that i should "work it" now i am thinking this is getting too much (he thinks he is all that, yes i admit he is smart and good at what he does but he is not a supervisor) so again i ignore it... the following day i notice he "review" another of my files...($11K). He emailed me and asked for the docs so he can "finalized the deal" (we deal with ins as well) so i am thinking to myself...."this is my file why are you getting involve?" so i emailed him asking him if he needed something..he emails me and cc our supervisor saying that our supervisor asked him to help "US" (not just my queue but everyone elses) with large claims .... (i asked my other co-worker and she said she hasn't touch any of her files....so at this point i think he is doing this to me only)... so i reply to this guy and supervisor about how maybe supervisor should of come to me instead of asking him..and that I work my queue to the best i can and fyi the file will be work the same day but later on"... ok so the day went on and i decided to leave it at that (i did review the file) so next morning i noticed HE WORKED NOT JUST ONE FILE BUT 2!!!! and without consolting me went on and made decisions on them....which irritates me because i don't do that.

There was a similar incident back in 2010 where he did the same and i emailed him and he reply and cc another co-worker and our team leader (team leader no longer with us but i have the emails) where he responded saying he "didn't give a FU&^* nad he can work any files he wanted" he then apologized via email as well.... but i think this guy is pushing me and instigating me into getting in trouble...i am planning ot speak to my manager about this but wanted to know if you guys have any advise?

I can't concentrate at work because i am beyond mad with his attitude.

Any help will be greatly appreciate it...
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Via Rail

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
    erin9mmm likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First off, sorry you have been put into this situation, second, make sure you keep all emails he sends you. Also, at all times be professional. I would have a meeting with him and your boss and talk about your concerns. He is not your boss and should be doing that. If he is suppose to be helping you, then you should get something from your boss ie email that he is allowed to help and your boss is ordering him to help you. If not, then he needs to back off.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ DaveP That isn't nice, I don't like collections either, the job it's self, not the people. People need jobs to survive, and It depends on the person trying to collect the money. Some our professional and some are awful. Also, if people paid their bills than maybe less people would need to be collectors. Yes people go through hard times, but come on their are people out there that just don't pay their bills.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Sorry, can't help. I dislike collections folk. They earn their money by harrassing people down on their luck - people who are struggling to survive. I can't imagine anyone getting satisfacton from that job. And anyone who does find satisfaction in it is not a good person. IMHO.

Thanks for your opinion, i totally agree with you but the threat is about another issue
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    First off, sorry you have been put into this situation, second, make sure you keep all emails he sends you. Also, at all times be professional. I would have a meeting with him and your boss and talk about your concerns. He is not your boss and should be doing that. If he is suppose to be helping you, then you should get something from your boss ie email that he is allowed to help and your boss is ordering him to help you. If not, then he needs to back off.
    Thanks, so you recomment to have a meeting with both? i was thinking to have a eeting with my boss only and letting him know that i feel uncomfortable when this guy does that.... to me he is acting like a big bully...

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    ^ DaveP That isn't nice, I don't like collections either, the job it's self, not the people. People need jobs to survive, and It depends on the person trying to collect the money. Some our professional and some are awful. Also, if people paid their bills than maybe less people would need to be collectors. Yes people go through hard times, but come on their are people out there that just don't pay their bills.
    i know what he means and trust me..i've been call every name on the phone book and I don't take it personally... so his words don't affect me
    i love my job and i wouldn't change it for anything...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think u should have a meeting with both. I usually like to face the person with my boss, so they know you mean business, and of course if they say anything it is out in the open and you can defend yourself. If you want you can go to your boss first and see what they say about the meeting. Personally I find having a meeting altogether can help out more on your end.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If he is being a bully, I always say face it. Because than once the bully knows your not backing down they will not bug you again. I find bullies in the work place are just all talk. Their bark is bigger than their bite! But your bite will hurt him if you face him.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

REMINDER: Please read before posting

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/292254-...er-ban-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you consult verbally with your supervisor? What did he/she say?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bullies in the workplace do it often because they are trying to accomplish a few things, usually to make themselves look good because they think they are better than everyone else, so that they get promoted and they do it to the people that they think they can pick on. I would have a closed door meeting with your supervisor before you have a meeting with him involved. If you put yourself in a room with him, he could end up dominating the conversation (because this is what people like that do) and it could look bad on you. Make sure your manager or supervisor knows your side, uninterrupted by him, and see where the supervisor stands before you bring him in on it. Your supervisor should be dealing with him as well, not you. Stand up for yourself, and do not let him push you around.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

could this be considered intimidation?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would consider it as intimidation yes. Anyone acting like that to me is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information