Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Bill C-78 "emergency" legislation

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oh and lets not forget the cans of gasoline that were placed on the ministers steps to their houses as a warning. That's democratic.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow Patty, that's just disgusting. I feel sorry for the people living/trying to earn a living there and the students trying to go to school. I can only just imagine how scared children in the area must be.
    anisa, Natalka and DaveP like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't see why folks are having an issue with informing the authorities 8 hrs in advance. Quite frankly, I like to know where a protest is going to take place, so I can avoid the area. In the past I've had not so pleasant protestors theaten me & knock into me, when someone decided I didn't give them the right rah-rah.

A good friend of mine worked across the street from the US embassy. Good luck trying to proof-read a document with people screaming outside your window for hours & hours every single day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I don't see why folks are having an issue with informing the authorities 8 hrs in advance. Quite frankly, I like to know where a protest is going to take place, so I can avoid the area. In the past I've had not so pleasant protestors theaten me & knock into me, when someone decided I didn't give them the right rah-rah.

A good friend of mine worked across the street from the US embassy. Good luck trying to proof-read a document with people screaming outside your window for hours & hours every single day.
    Their only defence is to take issue with everything. If they were told they had to cross the street on a green they would all cross on red just to be spiteful. KWIM it has gotten to that point.

The government offered them millions more in burseries and loans and it's never enough. They want it free and they want it now. For once the government has given in and they have yet to budge on any demands.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

TaraF - I have never said this to anyone on this forum before, but you are blowing smoke out of your a$$!!! You don't live here, and you don't know what it is like. The taxpayers of this province pay the highest taxes in North America! I am fed up of giving the government my money to go to educating these ungrateful, petty children! They are listening to the big unions and don't have the experience to discriminate between truth and falsehoods. These unions are using them and will dump them the minute the government capitulates and comes to the negotiation table.

You say you would rather listen to Independent Media since they tell you the truth. There is no absolute truth, only one's perception of it within the framework of their experience. Independent Media is telling you their side of what they consider the truth, that being coloured by their experience, biases, and opinions.
    aussie, lecale, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw my first green square today and wanted to hug her. I am so sick and tired of these protesters. I live downtown so come across the protesters' disruption and destruction quite a bit. These protesters don't really care about justice, they just care about themselves. Bill 78 asking for notification before a protest? Outrageous! Bill 101 banning English? Gee, what's the problem? Hmm, yeah. Way to stand up for people's rights.

So many things bother me about the protesters. I don't like that they equate university degrees with somehow magically giving people worth. I know plenty of people who didn't even finish college who are worth 50 of any of these liberal arts losers. It sickens me that people in Quebec want more and more welfare when the provincial debt is over 250 BILLION dollars. No wonder the ROC wouldn't mind ditching Quebec.

http://youtu.be/tD8rJCbEVMg - I <3 Ron Paul. Education is a right? Nope. Is eating a right? Gimme free food. Is shelter a right? Pay for my mortgage. Is being clothed a right? Buy me some dresses. That's pretty much these protesters are demanding. What ever happened to hard work? What about people who are in trades get paid next to nothing as they learn their trade. Is are protests for them? These are true people who deserve our support, not spoilt brats with their iphones, Canada Goose jackets and cars who want to study arts.

Hopefully with the festival period coming up, police will finally crack down on these hooligans.
    AnnieP, lecale, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

how sickening.

round them up and ship them out.
    aussie, DaveP, erin9mmm and 1 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    TaraF - I have never said this to anyone on this forum before, but you are blowing smoke out of your a$$!!! You don't live here, and you don't know what it is like. The taxpayers of this province pay the highest taxes in North America! I am fed up of giving the government my money to go to educating these ungrateful, petty children! They are listening to the big unions and don't have the experience to discriminate between truth and falsehoods. These unions are using them and will dump them the minute the government capitulates and comes to the negotiation table.

You say you would rather listen to Independent Media since they tell you the truth. There is no absolute truth, only one's perception of it within the framework of their experience. Independent Media is telling you their side of what they consider the truth, that being coloured by their experience, biases, and opinions.

Oh GeorgiaK, can't you play nice? I've been playing nice all along but it appears that since you don't like my opinion you can't. To that I say, too bad.
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, May 23rd, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Patty, how is that protesting? Like Tara said, there's a major difference between rioting and protesting. Please don't take that I am FOR rioting, I'm not at all, but you're posting about RIOTS not PROTESTS which is what this Bill is all about.

All in all, I'm annoyed that Quebec is filled with stupid political people, then again Ontario is too *sigh*
    TaraF likes this.

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

[QUOTE=Patty Smyth;4710095]The numbers are exaggerated there were not even 100,000 there today but still enough to paralize the city

There is a big difference when it's 500 people on a corner protesting Harpers governement and these idiots walking around downtown , setting fires, breaking shop windows terrorizing customers who are on terasses enjoying a night out.

No ones's rights to protest are being violated. The student "leaders" don't have a brain cell among them. They are puppets of the unions who are paying their bail among other things. This is not a game to get out of going to school. This is real life and they have no clue what real life is because they are a bunch of self entitled spoiled brats.[QUOTE=Patty Smyth;4710095]

We were more than what you could think,
    Students leaders are paid by governement. Not unions. Unions were only invited by the governement to the negociations.
    I know what real life is.

You are blinded. You think everyone of us only want vacation.

You are blinded by media, you don't even think to go look by yourself on internet. Reading the black and the white parts.

I'm afraid to be in a society where they are people like you, thinking all about themselves.

The blackblock is not students. NOT STUDENTS.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post

Me, ungrateful, petty?

Right now, you are the one blowing smoke out of my a**.

I you don't wanna pay taxes, then move.

Go south of the border. Pay school, medic care and forget about 7$ CPE.

You know what?

Even if you don't wanna pay, you will.

When your kids will go to school, you'll pay. You'll pay even more.

Governement is asking student for 300 million.
    As soon they have it, they will stop financing the universities (it's in their last budget, go read it, you'll feel sick).

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    how sickening.

round them up and ship them out.
    Sure, who's going to pay for your retirement SRG?

Do this to students and you'll slap yourself later.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    Me, ungrateful, petty?

Right now, you are the one blowing smoke out of my a**.

I you don't wanna pay taxes, then move.

Go south of the border. Pay school, medic care and forget about 7$ CPE.

You know what?

Even if you don't wanna pay, you will.

When your kids will go to school, you'll pay. You'll pay even more.

Governement is asking student for 300 million.
    As soon they have it, they will stop financing the universities (it's in their last budget, go read it, you'll feel sick).
    Sara this is time to growth, be responsible and pay your bill too. Not just as individual people, but as a society.

our society live in too much luxury since too long time. This is time to stop it and return to the essential.

An african said to me long time ago: "You, in North America, are all rich, even the poor one is rich"

I didn't understand 15 years ago, what he would said by this, but now I totally agree with him and try to live more simple.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Remember the 21st of march 2001?

The war entry for Canada in Afghanistan? Everyone was thinking they were all terrorist.

They were not.

Everyone here thinks all students do such nasty and stupid thins.

They don't.

I'm against all form of violence. I didn't protest except for the 100th day's.

Bill 101 is not banning English (look, I'm speaking English, watching TLC, working in English). It puts French at first plan.

And it's normal. My grand-father was bullied by his foreman because he didn't speak English. All banners were english.
    We are francophone, it is part of us. Bill 101 is only protecting this unique part of Canada.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information