User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Do YOU believe in Ghosts?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I was the cottage the other day (used to be owned by my grandfather for last 40 years) and I was messing around in the cellar(or "basement") while the rest of the family was outside doing yard work. I heard foot steps upstairs and it really, really creeped me out. I ran outside and asked mom to rush in to cellar with me so she could hear it but as soon as she got their it faded away. In the back of my mind I'm like uhh?? Was that grandpa? lol. They sounded like they were near the bedrooms too as the cellar is below the bedrooms. he passed away in 2008 in his bedroom in the cottage. It's had me thinking lately could it have been him!?

so do you believe in ghosts?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not in that way, although I do believe spirits are around us.....

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

yep definitely believe...I have had some strange things happen that make me believe...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

That would be a yes here not sure I would say ghosts but spirits for sure. My childhood home use to be a huge hot spot with things happening and lucky me I now live by a graveyard that was actually moved it is a small one for a Family Farm and had a few things to make me sratch my head one too many times.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, I believe that's totally possible.

I haven't had any experiences personally really, but I do believe.

After my Dad passed away in 2010, for awhile I was hearing him in my head with his traditional greeting to me. Unexpectedly I'd hear him say, "Hi xxx (my name)".

His ashes were here in my living room (he passed away shortly after my brother had his annual visit from the US, it didn't make sense for him to come back to fulfill Dad's wishes then, we waited until the next year; the ashes were here in my home for a year, and I didn't mind).

Yes, could have been just me remembering the way things used to be. But he had been in a nursing home for several years, had been lost to us for quite some time before that, I hadn't heard him during that time. Dad hadn't really spoken for a couple of years. I heard him clearly after he died, not out loud, but in my head. Not sure if that means anything. I don't hear him anymore now, it was just for a short period after we lost him.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yup, believe in the Holy Spirit
    Granger and kparker1786 like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Yup, believe in the Holy Spirit
    Me too! Plus I did have some weird experiences so I do believe in ghosts, just not totally sure who it was haha. I also believe in Angels as I've had some near death experiences and the night before/after I will dream of my aunt who I never met just being around me.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't believe in ghosts though I know folks who've had strange experiences, heck I've had strange experiences. But just because I don't know for sure what x was, doesn't mean I leap to the supernatural as an explanation.

I'm really not sure how ghosts fit into any belief set. Folks who don't believe in religion really shouldn't be believing in any sort of afterlife. That would be a kind of cognitive dissonance. As for those who do believe in religion, Christians either believe that the souls of the departed are in Heaven/Hell or in the grave awaiting Judgement Day. Muslims believe they are in Heaven or Hell. Hindus believe they are reincarnated. I think scientologists are waiting for a spaceship or something (okay, they DO believe in ghosts - they call them thetans). Anyway I don't see where ghosts fit into anyone's beliefs (other than scientologists).
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Me too! Plus I did have some weird experiences so I do believe in ghosts, just not totally sure who it was haha. I also believe in Angels as I've had some near death experiences and the night before/after I will dream of my aunt who I never met just being around me.
    Angels were never human, they were created before the universe was created, according to Christian Scripture. Some of the examples of angels can be terrifying, as warriors with large swords, according to the Bible they often cause human beings who saw them to fall on their face in fear. Not sure what other faith's say about angels. They are often messengers in Christian faith.

It is interesting about your Aunt, maybe what some supernatural believers called a type of forerunner? I'm fascinated by the idea of forerunners, mainly because there is a ton of folk tales around forerunners but no scientific explanation for them.

A friend's mom was convinced that whenever someone was going to die she would smell roses around them. She worked in a nursing home and by the smell she could tell within a day or two if someone were to die.

I like to believe in the unseen. Gotta have faith sometimes that not everything can be explained.
    Last edited by matrix82; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
    artzyGeal likes this.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a Christian but not by any means what some people view AS Christians(I can't really explain it, I have a friend who does a better job at explaining than I do haha). I do believe in the Paranormal. My husband and I love to watch Paranormal State and Paranormal Activity (Though as it drags on, it gets more and more unbelievable haha). I've never really researched Angels, but I think I will look at what a forerunner is

Edit: I found when she e-mailed me when we talked about it and decided to share it

"
    The God I see, I feel and I know does not punish people who being who they are. Who he made them to be. That God does not expect perfection, but positive change. That God is the ultimate bearer of mercy and forgiveness and does not smite those who don't believe in him."
    Last edited by kparker1786; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Edit: I found when she e-mailed me when we talked about it and decided to share it

The God I see, I feel and I know does not punish people who being who they are. Who he made them to be. That God does not expect perfection, but positive change. That God is the ultimate bearer of mercy and forgiveness and does not smite those who don't believe in him.
    Interesting. Where did she get this God from? He isn't the one from the Christian Bible who absolutely will drop kick you into Hell if you are not a believer.

2 Chronicles 15:13
    That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

John 15:6
    If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

John 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Judstir likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you can, find a copy of Bluenose Ghosts by Helen Creighton. She talks about forerunners etc. Some interesting stories in there. I like reading ghost stories.

Not sure exactly where I stand on "ghosts" though in the sense of bump in the night etc. I would hope they have better things to do then haunt human beings. I watch scary movies, get freaked out, but in the end, I just believe there are some things we just haven't found ways to explain yet. I like a little mystery in life.
    Last edited by matrix82; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

don't believe in ghosts.
    Judstir and DaveP like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dave; She grew up Christian. Went to Christian schools etc. But she hates religion. Believes in the Bible, but thinks it's been majorly misinterpreted. I agree with her on many levels, but have found a church that I love. Mainly because the church promotes that God is LOVE

And interestingly, there was a presentation tonight that my husband and I attended to at our church about Hell. Dr. Jerry Walls. It was fascinating! There's a quote from C.S. Lewis, I'm going to share with you, might make you ponder(I know from your posts you say you're not a believer and that's fine! I just like being thought provoking ) Here:

I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the
    inside.
    All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened. And yourself, in a dark hour, may will [a grumbling] mood, embrace it. Ye can repent and come out of it again. But there may come a day when you can do that no longer. Then there will be no you left to criticize the mood...

And Matrix, thank you! I will look for it!

(Not trying to hijack, just thought I'd provide some thought provoking stuff in response to Dave )

Last edited by kparker1786; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information