User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Do YOU believe in Ghosts?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i thought this thread was about ghosts.
    c_mcarthur and thriftygranny like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Dave; She grew up Christian. Went to Christian schools etc. But she hates religion. Believes in the Bible, but thinks it's been majorly misinterpreted.

I'm not sure how you can misinterpret passages like this:

Psalm 137:9
    Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
    Numbers 31:17-18
    Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
    But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Exodus 22:20
    He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Pretty hard to misinterpret.

I agree with her on many levels, but have found a church that I love. Mainly because the church promotes that God is LOVE
    Thats nice. Comforting. But it is not what the Bible says.

And interestingly, there was a presentation tonight that my husband and I attended to at our church about Hell. Dr. Jerry Walls. It was fascinating! There's a quote from C.S. Lewis, I'm going to share with you, might make you ponder(I know from your posts you say you're not a believer and that's fine! I just like being thought provoking ) Here:

I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the
    inside.
    All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock it is opened. And yourself, in a dark hour, may will [a grumbling] mood, embrace it. Ye can repent and come out of it again. But there may come a day when you can do that no longer. Then there will be no you left to criticize the mood...
    CS Lewis didn't read Revelation then.

Revelation 14:11
    And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I beleive in casper the friendly ghost... all other wanna be ghost, are just trying to make a buck off casper's fame...
    matrix82 and Darth Penguin like this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But it's never said who puts them in Hell specifically. That's what I found thought provoking. Some people say that people themselves will put them there because they don't want anything to do with God, some of them say God does for their sins. But no one really knows for sure. Just thought provoking.

Okay I'm not gonna reply anymore, I don't need to get into anymore trouble with others with hijacking, already got a pm about it haha.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting thread. "ghosts" are spirits. . but not the good kind. . . "If" you are Christian, the bible condemns encouraging contact with them (mostly for your own protection)
    As for Angels never being human. . . .they were indeed part-human and called Nephilim. (Genisis 6:4) Nasty things , they were. Probably the basis for the Greek "super-gods".
    Any ghost you come in contact with is NOT your dead loved one as brought out below. . .
    Ecclesiates 9:5,6 "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun."
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    I beleive in casper the friendly ghost... all other wanna be ghost, are just trying to make a buck off casper's fame...
    I like your thinking Kalmel.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote "Thats nice. Comforting. But it is not what the Bible says." Quote

Quote 'CS Lewis didn't read Revelation then.

Revelation 14:11
    And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.[/QUOTE]'

Ok. . .Keeping in mind Dave and I are buddies and we respectfully disagree with each other. . .

The torment mentioned above is rellated to the "beast" and his image who actually do not exist forever but are operative in a time frame.
    the "torment forever" is referring to a perpetual behavior that certain ones never turn away from.

that said. . . .what the heck does that have to do with ghosts Dave? ha ha! I expect better form you. . .
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Sat, May 26th, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
    kparker1786 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    I like your thinking Kalmel.
    aww thanks! Never seen ghosts..well besides casper. And to be honest, i'm such a chicken, i thank all my lucky stars i never came across something like this..would probably pee in my pants and tear down a wall!
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

aww thanks! Never seen ghosts..well besides casper. And to be honest, i'm such a chicken, i thank all my lucky stars i never came across something like this..would probably pee in my pants and tear down a wall!

That makes 2 of us. . . .

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    that said. . . .what the heck does that have to do with ghosts Dave? ha ha! I expect better form you. . .
    Weird thread drift, I guess. My apologies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Weird thread drift, I guess. My apologies.
    Was just teasing ya Dave. . . usually enjot your "thread drifts"
    Kalmel and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Three of us!
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Three of us!
    If I actually saw something supernatural - unmistakeably so - I don't think it would scare me so much as fascinate me. After all, I'd have to rethink my entire view of the universe. My first stop though would be to the hospital to make sure I wasn't suffering from some physical or mental condition that was making me delusional.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hm...I'm not sure I want to dip my toes into this water, but here goes: I believe in a Superior Being, but not the God in the Bible. That God was described by humans (men) wanting to persuade people to follow THEM and their beliefs. And if it took a "god" that could smash them and toss them into a firey pit, than that's the story they'd tell. The God I know is Love personified!

I'm presently reading "The Jesus Papers", by the author, Michael Baigent, and yes, tons of speculation, secrets, innuendos, but certainly interesting reading! I guess I just have to say that having survived an after-death experience and having experienced the immense Love 'on the other side', I'm sure people wouldn't believe me anymore than they believe in ghosts. But having had that experience, how can I call anyone else's beliefs nonsense? We're all here as mere humans...spirits experiencing a 'human' existence...and we'll return to our spiritual world. When I was on the other side, I guess I felt I didn't deserve to have that experience, to be there, but the Love replied back that "you're only a mortal..a human" and that nothing more was expected of us, but to experience our humanity.

So do I believe in ghosts? I'd rather say I believe in Spirits...us being spirits...as well as others who surround us, helping us get through this humanity, which is so difficult to endure even under the best circumstances.
    However, I don't believe spirits knock on doors, thump around on floors...but then again, I've never had that experience, but if and when I do, I may change my mind (and my underwear). If I expect you to believe my experience, then how can I dismiss yours?

It's a complicated world, alright....and given the choice, I may decide to stay there next time.....

JMHO...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I do. I've seen, heard and felt some unexplainable things. Does anyone watch Ghost Adventures on the travel channel? Zac is hot!
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information