User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I figured since a lot of us got coupons from the last Smartsource I figured a review was in order

I'm a naturally cheap person by nature, and to be honest, spending $6.99 on two candles was a little steep for me. So with getting a coupon for this I was delighted to try it.

I saved the candle for when company was coming over, to see if they would notice any difference in smell. I lit it probably an hour before they came, and to be quite honest, it was a bit smelly in the beginning. The candle lasted maybe 3 hours at most, and towards the end the smell started to taper off (reasonable I suppose). I had 8 women in my place, and not one of them commented on the smell of the candle LOL

To me, they definitely aren't worth $6.99 ($9.99 for the oust candles at SDM ) a piece. But maybe that's because I'm so cheap

Pros:

*Smells fantastic in the beginning
    *Pretty candle holders
    *Interchangeable with Oust candles too (gives variety of scents)
    *Refills aren't as grossly as expensive as the starter kit (but still a bit pricey when comparing them to how often you'd have to buy them)

Cons:

*Doesn't last as long as a regular candle would
    *Expensive starter kit (better when they're free )
    *Smell starts to taper off in the end
    *To err on the side of caution I would say to not blow them out - some people have said they could blow them out and then relight them, some people have also stated that they can not relight them after blowing out...My 2nd candle would not relight after I blew it out

In all it's not a bad candle, if you have the money to spare, or if it's free. I'd give it 2.5/5 stars. I'd much rather spend my money on a really good set of smelly candles from a candle store
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Smart Source
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Sat, Oct 11th, 2008 at 09:58 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

That's really odd about not being able to relight the candle. Lots of good details in your review, thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I also think that's a crazy amount for a candle! You can have a meal for that amount of money!

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I glad for your review and thank goodness for the free coupon. I wonder if we can use other candles in this unit? I have a lot of scented smelly things that I have that the candle melts (i don't know what to call them)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenna321 View Post
    I glad for your review and thank goodness for the free coupon. I wonder if we can use other candles in this unit? I have a lot of scented smelly things that I have that the candle melts (i don't know what to call them)
    Hi jenna ..i saw your comment ...about can you use candle holder again .when my candles that came with glade kit is gone .i have tea light candles ...thats what i puts in mine .the alumium is magnetics so it keeps my tea candle in place ...when the tea light goes out ..i put another in there ... then if any wax runs out it well only go into the holder .. just some info .on what to do with the holder ..hope this well help you out ..take care

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nice review. I can't say im overlly impressed. If anything Im dissapointed. The one I have smells like bounce, its ok but nothing special. I find the scented candles in the jar by glade are much better, and smell a lot nicer. I haven't quite tried all the scents yet, but there nothing special to me.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm grateful to have been able to get this candle for free. I NEVER would have paid for it either otherwise. I have to agree with everything that ex0ticb3lla said. I'm disappointed that it's not a better product but think it's pretty just the same. The refills are $3.99 at my Lablaws... eek... since they only last a few hours and don't really smell all that much I'd also be better off getting some cheap dollar store teas.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I also used my free coupon for this. I would not spend this amount on a candle. The smell was discret, which I prefer. I chose the linen smell (I believe).
    Good idea to use the base for the tea light candles.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I got mine tonight and I'm not impressed. I'm sitting 20 feet away from the candle and I can't smell anything.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I got mine tonight and I'm not impressed. I'm sitting 20 feet away from the candle and I can't smell anything.
    I know i wondered where the smell was too, absolutely non or little scent

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I will never buy these again. A waste of money. I even traded away my FPC.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I thought they werea little pricey too.
    Just browsing why not join us, we would love to have you:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=27681
    kopykatzz

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got mine for free as well...it smells nice in the box, but, as mentioned, it definately was disapppointing! :\ Now it feels like the whole thing is a waste because I'm not planning on spending that much for refills.
    Lotus-Star

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

they were 4,97$ at my WM and i had 2$ coupons for the Angel whisper ones and
    BOGO free...so i had them at a fair price

i gave one to my mom and plan to give the other one....but i also wanted one for
    me....but i'm not so sure now

i find that the candle older is nice and i have other kind of scented candles that i think i can use with it.

it's good to know other people opinion on this product

thank you ExOticb3lla for your reviewing of this product and everyone for your comments

P.S. strangely, i can smell the condles without light them
    does it mean that i have a long nose LOL
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Dec 29th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

they smell really awesome in the box but once you light them you cant smell them at all
    i got the angel whispers one that i havent tried yet but mom got the berry one and used it and she hates them LOL especially the price would not pay that good thing i got mine free LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information