User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Do you have vivid dreams?

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do they are pretty wild. I often have lucid dreams... a recurring theme is that I get thrown into water, but I am able to breathe underwater, which immediately calms me down as that usually happens in the middle of a nightmare. The dreams I can remember are usually nightmares; I can still vividly remember some nightmares and strange dreams that I had when I was about 4 years old... it's weird because I've had versions of the same dreams as an adult... weird, eh?

So far, pregnancy hasn't made my dreams worse, but there's a long time between now and December for that to change

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I have strange vivid dreams that I can remember for about a minute after I wake up, but after then I remember them only in fragments. One I had a week ago involved talking to other people that are pleasant and smiling, but they seem like theyre trying to get information from you. I remember holding something in my dream (dont know if it was a baby or small animal) and passing it back to those people. I hate those kind of dreams because for one, its not a bad dream, but because I feel like I cant remember something important from it. It also feels like the memory of it is just under the surface, but out of reach.

I once dreamed of my grandmother (my grandmother died 3 years before I was born). In my dream, the community went to the graveyard to fix up and clean around the graves of their relatives. In my dream while we were cleaning around my grandmothers grave, the dead started to get out of their graves. I start freaking out and screaming, then my grandmother looks at me and says "why the h*ll are you acting like this? Im your grandmother, stop acting so foolish!!!!" I look around and everyone is sitting with their deceased relatives talking with them. So I calm myself down and look at my grandmother and she says to me, remember this it is very important, and starts telling me something. When she finished, she told me to not forget, and then she laid back down in her grave. To this day I wish I remember what she told me, as I feel it was important enough to her to come to me in a dream and tell me. But in my dream, I was too freaked out by seeing her and was not able to concentrate on what she was saying. I asked my mom about my grandmother - I described her to mom (the way she looked and spoke) and mom said yes, that was what your grandmother was like.
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Wed, May 30th, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: story I had to share
    Natalka likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I have lots - and many recurring ones as well - some as from far back as when I was eight years old.

I go through stages where I have horrid nightmares as well - wake up crying, scared, yelling. Lots of these recur, as well. I won't want to go back to sleep because I'm so scared that it will continue....

I talk in my sleep as well, so sometimes my husband can relate to me what I'm dreaming about (I usually forget) if he can understand me! My son sometimes overhears me in the next bedroom, too.

At least I stopped sleepwalking, haven't done that since first year university!
    matrix82 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:37 PM.
    vibrantflame likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have very vivid dreams. Just the other night I heard a female voice singing my name. I woke up because I thought someone was in my room, but there was no one there. I was spooked!
    vesper likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

One reason you can have really vivid dreams is a side-effect of some sorts of meds. Have you had any different kinds of medications lately? If so, maybe the dr. can change to a different type of medication.
    vesper likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have vivid dreams on a regular basis and the rangr from happy, comforting ones to ones where I'm literally sobbing, really scared to the core or dreams like my teeth coming loose and falling out.

When I was little, my parents and I went to the mall and there, I saw a Chucky movie poster. I wasn't really scared, as my dad put his hand over my eyes...but it was too late! I had already see it. For the next couple of years, I would have dreams about Chucky coming out of the poster on my wall (my bed was against the wall) with a knife to stab me to death. Yeah, pretty scary for a little one! I'd wake up and not be able to sleep. Naturally I would wake my mom or dad up. It got to the point where it was happening so often, that I'd be too scared to get up from bed! lol So..., I'd just lay in bed really still and not move a muscle.

I use to have dreams that I was being kidnapped and I'd always ask my abductor's "why???". There was one dream where someone took my dad and I found him stuffed in a dead shark at a fish place. He couldn't get out and people were cutting the shark up into pieces and there was blood everwhere! I was crying so hard, I woke up. I was probably about 7 or 8 years old. :S
    vesper likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

wow,janetta that's creepy. i had kinda the same thing with the horror character scaring me as a little one

my brother babysat me alot while my parents went and did stuff.he was 10 and i was 5.he let me watch stephen king's IT which i guess he felt was an okay idea at the time.now i hate clowns and cant even look at them.for years i would imagine the clown in it luring me down to the sewer.i couldnt walk over manholes or near the drains for years.i couldnt even go near a sink..if youve seen the movie you understand.

a year ago i had the worst dream ever.so bad i felt like talking to someone.i had a dream that my son and i were driving home from edmonton at night,which occurs from time to time if hubby works.we stopped at a gas station and were hijacked.i told the men to take the car and leave us there.they told us to get in. they drove us down a long unfamiliar country road.they stopped at a house,a rundown shack with a common room and a bathroom with a claw tub.they then tied us up and proceeded to try to drown me while trying to strangle my son...then i woke up.i told hubby the dream immediately.he said that we dream what we fear most.and what i fear most is something happening to my son while im alone,and not being able to do anything.

i hated that dream so much and wonder why my mind would do that to me.after talking to someone they pretty much told me what hubby said.our brains make a movie kind of,of what we fear the most when we are asleep.because i have had prophetic dreams before,i now am very leary of driving alone with my son,even in town,without the doors locked.and now dont stop anywhere at night with him unless i have mace....that dream screwed me up quite a bit
    vesper likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have vivid dreams everynight
    and i wish i didn't
    i always remember them right before i wake up
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

quick psychoanalysis: you stated that having children is a hard limit for you. you know that you do not want to birth them at any cost. you dream that you are in a situation that you desperately do not want to be in.

what does it mean? take away the pregnancies in the dream and what you are left with is being in a situation that you do not want to be in. This tells me that you are going through some stress or upheaval in your life where you feel out of control. this is a classic anxiety dream. thats all it is. this is not some omen of the future.

how to fix it? journal about what is going on in your life right now. on the surface, it may seem like everything is great and in control. but if you dig deeper you will find out where your insecurities are coming from. once you do, the anxiety dream will cease. In your journal, talk about how you identify this dream as a for anxiety. the more you journal about the dream and the feelings it caused you, the more likely you will not have this type of control dream.

many people have the tendency to believe that if the dream they had was very vivid or very detailed or so upsetting that it could happen in real life. intense and vivid dreams are caused by high levels of anxiety. when you are anxious you pay attention. when you pay attention, you remember more. thats all it is.

good luck!
    vesper likes this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I had a weird dream last night, I dreamed I was on a cruise ship when my hubby suggests getting something to drink. I get up and take an elevator down to the 3rd level and order our drinks. In my dream I pause at the railing to admire the sunset and as I turn, the ship starts to turn too, and everything in the horizon starts icing up - everything just starts freezing. I get into the elevator and get up to our level, then my dream cuts away to me standing in a pool of clear blue water. The dream was so vivid I felt the sand and the warm water against my wrist. For some reason, I started rinsing this pipe into the water, and a black tarry substance started to wash out from the pipe. I remember feeling badly in my dream, polluting this water and killing the fish.

Odd, odd, odd.......
    Natalka and vesper like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My dreams are extremely vivid. Colours, sounds, taste, feeling.

Not so intriguing when you have nightmares and wake up breathless and crying.
    Natalka and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Candini, I had two nightmares (long ones) in a row last night. Woke up after each crying and shaking.... each was just awful.

I know I was overtired, but gee... how about my recurring dream about the giant kitty head instead?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have vivid dreams and nightmare. Some of them are crazy...

Last night I dreamed my cell phone was left on my dresser across the bedroom. My room was full of water, but below the top of the dresser and bed. There was a shark swimming around with a huge grin on it's face. I was in my bed trying to figure out how to get past the shark and to the cellphone. That is all I remember because I woke up. I was sleepy when I awakened to use the washroom, and looked down for the shark lol. A few minutes later figured out it was a dream/nightmare lol.
    DiamondLil, Natalka and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Why cant we just dream of Magic Mike????
    vesper likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information