User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Bill C-78 "emergency" legislation

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    I am so for the students.. They are showing us to stop being soft, to stop bending over and to stop taking EVERYTHING the government throws at us and say thank you even when we don't agree. It’s much more than just a strike/protest about school fees going up. The students are tired of our government and are tired of seeing us taking it in the rear end for all these years. They are saying enough is enough. Regardless if the students were made aware of this hike or not. Regardless if these protesters are keeping you up at night. Regardless of all the animosities everybody has against the students. These “spoiled kids’’, like so many of you love to call them, are marching for what they believe is WRONG. Everything is wrong in this country. Not just Quebec and not just the tuition hike. Our “trusted’’ leaders spend our dollars every-which way they want and we never say anything about it. They spend BILLIONS on things we do not need and forget the basics. Which are school, the elderly, child care and health care. Our children are standing up and are SCREAMING enough is enough! We will not longer lay down and say nothing!
    The battle ground should be at the election not on the streets night after night disrupting (to put it nicely) people's livelihoods. Respect the other side, not everyone agrees with the students.
    Natalka, DaveP and Arielmac like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

In March of 91 the gas went up to 38$/barrel yet the price at the pump still stayed at around 0.55$ a litre. The price of a crude barrel is now at 87.82$ what justifies 1.49$ for a litre of gas??
    Not enough refineries in Canada, opposition to west to east pipelines, and taxes which subsidize the students disrupting a city for months on end.

But, besides the price of gas ( which I will give you did go up), just because another province is paying more for their tuition does not mean that ours have to increase.
    Right, right. The other provinces should pay for you to have cheaper tuition while ours have higher tuition.

Our neighbours, the US, have the s**tiest health care system, so basing my self on your argument, we should abolish our health care and do just like they do.
    The US government actually spends more on health care than we do per capita. We spend less and do a better job - I fail to see the point of your argument.

And, while we're at it, let's not let the women vote since woman are not allowed to vote in Arab countries. And, at the same time, let's take away all free speech rights, just like many countries, and kill and jail anybody who dares question the government.
    Straw man argument.

Not worth responding to.

You should be concerned and ask why the Nova-Scotia government is spending 304 Million of YOUR money on ships. Yet you had to pay tens of thousands for school. I would be pissed if I was you!
    Bahaha! Those ships are being built HERE! Do you have any idea the boost that is to our economy? How amazing it is for our kids to be able to be employed right here instead of having to go to Alberta?

And, I did NOT vote for them and would love to have to be able cast another ballot. bring on the vote!!
    Sounds good. Could you talk to the protesters and get them to do the same instead of disrupting everyone else's lives?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  119812d1338411723-bill-c-78-emergency-legislation-000000.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  37.5 KB
    A friend of mine works for the EI dept in Toronto, a 'peaceful' (but large) protest near her office stopped her getting to work one day for 3 hours while they blocked all streets - what about the rights of all those people who did not get the unemployment they need while laid off because she couldnt even get into her office?

Personally, I dealt with a tuition hike every year when I saw a student, around the same as the one they have. It isnt like they are being given a hike that is unaffordable for the vast majority, and those who can't afford it are likely in university on a scholarship etc. As mentioned, get rid of the smart phone, or one night out drinking per month and there is your tuition hike. Pay what Ontario pays and then cry about a tuition hike when FEDERAL transfers help pay for your low tuition. Oh wait, our students did protest a tuition hike - then went back to school and paid it anyway bc your other choice is paying far more than $300 a year in taxes to cover the shortfall in other areas when the money covers education.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

This video shows what the protesters are up against. I am not for Violence In any way shape or form. These police officers are being so violent and yet none of them are being arrested. Why because, like our government, they have the ultimate power.

Gotta love edited videos where they show only 1 side of the story... I also very much enjoy CUTV live footage when you see the riot squad walking up St-Denis, the CUTV "reporter" saying they are blocking the street for no reason while you clearly see bottles being thrown at Police officers....

It's easy to make a group look bad when you edit videos...

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

I will end my posts with this: I believe and support what my daughter is doing. She is peaceful. And I applaud her courage everyday to stand up for her beliefs.

I know many folks are against these protests and are for the hike (why for is beyond me). But I do firmly believe that if we have never fought for what we believe in, us women would still be in the kitchen cooking for our men and have no right to vote.

With the hopes of a better future...

Cheers everybody..
    TaraF likes this.
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will end my posts with this: I believe and support what my daughter is doing. She is peaceful. And I applaud her courage everyday to stand up for her beliefs.

I know many folks are against these protests and are for the hike (why for is beyond me). But I do firmly believe that if we have never fought for what we believe in, us women would still be in the kitchen cooking for our men and have no right to vote.

With the hopes of a better future...

Cheers everybody..
    They aren't for a hike in tuition. They are saying they are done paying for your kids way through school. You aren't just miraculously getting cheap tuition because you ask for it. Someone down the line is paying for that.

I support anyone who defends what they believe in but I think there are a ton, TON more issues that are much more important right now that people should be protesting.
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Thu, May 31st, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

If you bought a chocolate bar in 1991, would it be the same price you paid in 2012? everyone knows that the answer is no because of inflation. Why would the price of education be the same as in 1991? Professors and staff all want their pay hikes every year. Maintenance of schools has also increased. In short, while the cost of everything else has increased, the tuitions have not so the students are paying the same for an education that has increased in price. I think it's fair for tuitions to follow inflation. How much did a university education in 1920? You can bet it was less than $1,800.00 in Canada.
    Psychojo213 and Arielmac like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oh well, I blame that gabriel kid, he is the real puppet of the unions. It reminds me of when Mario Dumont was f&**ed over by the PQ, too young and naive to realize he is being used.

Talks break off between students, government

Posted By: Richard Deschamps [email protected] · 5/31/2012 4:23:00 PM

Another setback for efforts to resolve the nearly four-month long student tuition crisis.
    Intensive negotiations between student leaders and the Charest government have broken off after four days.

That announcement coming from education minister Michelle Courchesne in Quebec City Thursday afternoon.

At this point there's no hint as to why the talks broke off, whether they'll restart, or the exact nature of the proposals and counter-proposals that have gone back and forth between the two sides.

Earlier this morning, the radical student group CLASSE had threatened to leave the talks.
    Arielmac likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just watched an hour long press conferance by the government. Students will not budge on tuition hikes oh well have a nice summer flipping burgers.

Also la "classe" group threatened to disrupt the Grand Prix, the "spokesperson" quickly did some backpeddling on that one. He is in deep doodoo now.
    anisa and Arielmac like this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information