User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Astro Original Yogart! Will Never Buy Again!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Well I bought the Astro Original Yogart a week ago and I can not stan it! It was on sale so I thought me and my DH would give it a try. It's watery, and the fruit inside you can not even see lol. To each there own but I will not be going back to this yogart. I usually get Beatrice yogart as it is 2.99 at No Frills and it tastes great to me and my DH So I guess when you got something good don't change it lol.

Thanks for reading!

-Never again! But the cow is cute on the front lol
    I buy various brands and types of yogurt based on the sales. I personally like astro original but prefer the balkan. (I like my yogurt with very few ingrdients, more natural, without artificial sweetners, thickeners and additives I can't pronounce) That being said I'm not that picky in general.

p.s - The reason it is a bit more watery is because unlike the majority of competitors they don't add gelatin to their products. This is smart on their part because some people can't consume gelatin because it's a pork product. (so they get a corner of the market)

Cheers!

Snip.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ Thanks for the info! I never knew that? Learn something new everyday

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Have you tried Yoptimal yogurt yet? So good - thick and creamy. I especially like the Cranberry/Raspberry one - it's almost like ice cream!

I also really like the Liberté Greek Yogurt - I mix the plain Greek yogurt with whatever flavoured yogurt I have bought on sale, makes it really creamy without being too sweet (which I find a lot of pre-flavored yogurts to be)...

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

The only yogurt my son will eat is the Astro Balkan fruit bottom. He doesn't even care for yogurt tubes. I like to eat from the top down and I never mix it. My only complaint is the quality of the "fruit". It could consist of fruit chunks rather than a fruity sauce. It is still good!

Quote Originally Posted by snipandsave View Post
    I buy various brands and types of yogurt based on the sales. I personally like astro original but prefer the balkan. (I like my yogurt with very few ingrdients, more natural, without artificial sweetners, thickeners and additives I can't pronounce) That being said I'm not that picky in general.

p.s - The reason it is a bit more watery is because unlike the majority of competitors they don't add gelatin to their products. This is smart on their part because some people can't consume gelatin because it's a pork product. (so they get a corner of the market)

Cheers!

Snip.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

plain is better!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Source yogurt, although i shake it before I open it. I hate that gelatinous texture when it is first opened if I don't shake it.
    Last edited by mulock; Fri, May 11th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I didn't mind the Astro Original yogurt, myself. But my one daughter hated it. As in, she cried if I bought "the cow yogurt"...which is what she called it because of the picture on the box.

Good thing too. My other daughter had a weird kind of reaction to the stuff--whenever she ate it, she developed horrible B.O.
    At the time, she was 7 years old so BO should definitely not be happening yet! It was only ever that particular yogurt that was a problem. She ate all other varieties and brands with no issues. Odd.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

That is one that I bought in the past; yuck. I don't know how much money I've
    wasted trying to find a yogurt I can eat that has NO sour smell or taste.

All you yogurt lovers will not understand my aversion to the smell and taste of so
    many brands. (Reminds me of milk gone bad)

Finally Finally Finally - found 2 that I absolutely love -

Yoplait Source 0% fat; all flavors & Danone Silhouette specially Capuccino yumm

Can you recommend any other brand similar to the ones listed above?
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i hate yogurt, but i love greek yogurt. mmm..
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information