User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Are you serious?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I've never had a problem with cashiers untill yesterday. I was lucky enough to get several Nexxus and Zantac $3.00 of coupons. So I danced my way to WH to take advantage of the small sizes and and overage. I presented my coupons to the cashier who refused them. She said that I could only use the Nexxus on full sized items as per the picture on the coupon to which I pointed out that the wording says ANY Nexxus item. She still argued with me saying that she has worked 14 years for Wm and never seen anything like this and that her store was beening ripped off. Then she wanted to see my Zantac coupon. She said that she would have to adjust then coupon to the price of $2.22 and I told her no, I would get an overage. Well that set her off again! Thru out this scene I was calm but firm and stood my ground. I had to ask for a CS who explained to the cashier that I was correct on all points and to put the coupons thru. Again she started ranting and raving. So after the pleasant transaction was thru, I called for a manager to register a complaint. That cashier will be getting coupon policy and customer service retraining said the manager. Some people I just don't understand
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good for you for standing your ground! The coupons say ANY so she should've accepted them without question. Geez...some people!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

and it's not like they OWN the store...and your not ripping anyone off...wish all staff were trained properly but what do we expect for minimum wage staff who are over worked and under paid
    darlataz and wolfwoman like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Retraining is definitely required in this case.
    nathanr and wolfwoman like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Retraining is definitely required in this case.
    She was pretty bad, very loud. Other people looking and even another cashier was looking at her and shaking her head.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I had a very similar experience using a $3 Zantac Coupon on the 3pk. Even the supervisor had to tell the cashier to Calm Down.

Happy to hear you stood your ground. Good for you!
    sharkie, wolfwoman and mrsfreeman like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Poor you! I am sorry you had to go through that! If she was not sure she should of still been nice and just ask to go and check it out! I hope she gets the retraining and doesn't act like that to other people.
    sharkie and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Well done. I like that you didn't make a scene and remained calm. I like that you tried to teach her that they were overage coupons and I especially like that you followed up with the CS to seek training for the cashier. Win win all the way around. On behalf of all of us couponers that may experience that cashier in the future..... we thank you !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

This is why I wish they would use the barcodes like in the States so the role of the cashier in coupon "acceptance" is eliminated. Just scan coupon and onto the next one!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am confused, if she has been a cashier there for 14 years, this overage thing has been around for a while now, was she on
    " Clueless Leave "? Way to challenge them and win!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    This is why I wish they would use the barcodes like in the States so the role of the cashier in coupon "acceptance" is eliminated. Just scan coupon and onto the next one!
    Wouldn't that be nice! It sure would speed things up as well. Thanks for the support SC'ers, I knew you would understand and have your own horror stories as well.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am confused, if she has been a cashier there for 14 years, this overage thing has been around for a while now, was she on
    " Clueless Leave "? Way to challenge them and win!
    LOL! Apparently she must have been! I used to get panic attacks when this kind of situation would pop up. But now, thanks to this site and meds, I don't back down

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    Totally agree. I get so annoyed when some cashiers will also misread the fine print or not read the fine print at all, and try to refuse the coupon because the product you're buying isn't pictured or looks different than the one in the pic.
    sharkie and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't mean to dump on cashiers in general. They put up with alot of crap, are overworked and underpaid. I have had lot of great ones. But when you run into one like this....ARRGGGG!
    sharkie and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It gets so old when the same cashiers have the same issues day in and day out. I hate to say it, but for years I have profiled my cashiers. Young males between the ages of 16 and 30 are the best, followed by middle aged women. I steer clear of the older ladies because they seem to know everything, and we all know that I'm the only one that really knows everything Glad you stayed calm and stood your ground. WTG!
    KK7, Poirot, princesskimmi and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information