User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Are you serious?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I also profile towards younger cashiers.
    Virtually no negative attitude or hassles at all, except honest and polite inexperience. (ie "How do I do this?")
    LauraWill, sharkie and wolfwoman like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well....you handled it better than I would have, good for you remaining calm and clear headed. I swear some of those cashiers are on power trips.
    sharkie and wolfwoman like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

sounds like shes a little bitter. maybe after 14 years at wal mart i would be too...but not with the customers! with the corporation itself. the problem is they dont really understand that the store is getting the money back from the manufacturer (you know, like p & g, def owned by the 1%!! i dont feel bad getting a deal off them AT ALL!!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i had a walkmart casheir say no the overage the other day -and i stood my ground and told her the rules -she then yelled to the cashier up in front -who said okay then took the zantac one -i only bought 3
    sharkie and wolfwoman like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for you for remaining cool in this situation, throwing a tantrum wouldn't have solved anything, although sometimes we sure feel like doing it! I had a similar experience at Walmart...I hardly ever go there, but the cashier recognized me from last time and spent about ten minutes scrutinizing my coupons. Frustrating to say the least, but I got my deal at the end.
    torontogal12 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I have a question...Ive been into walmart a few times to find the nexxus travel size, and havnt even seen a bin with a tag for them in the travel section. Now someone (I dont remember who now) said that they dont keep the travel size nexxus in the travel bin section...so can anyone tell me where in the store they are kept? I want some overage too!!!
    wolfwoman likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    I have a question...Ive been into walmart a few times to find the nexxus travel size, and havnt even seen a bin with a tag for them in the travel section. Now someone (I dont remember who now) said that they dont keep the travel size nexxus in the travel bin section...so can anyone tell me where in the store they are kept? I want some overage too!!!
    They are right next to the full size Nexxus in the shampoo aisle.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Glad you stayed calm and stood your ground. Funny enough, mom was just complaining about this yesterday. Said her cashier kicked and screamed and made a big stink about Zantac. Supervisor came, told her it was fine. She disobeyed supervisor and input them at lower value. Mom checks receipt and tells supervisor. Supervisor tells cashier "you disobeyed me" and cashier is still screaming. Supervisor actually yelled at cashier to get her to calm down. What is up? You'd think they were giving away their private property or something. I agree cashiers have one of the worst jobs in the world, but when supervisor approves something, just let it go whether you agree or not. Not worth the aggravation for $10/hour

Meanwhile I always get refused on the Zantac coupon and never get approved. I only want one!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Jun 9th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I also go to the young ones. Always a smile, never a complaint. I was the same when I was a teenage cashier. Teens have nothing to lose because they generally don't have big bills to pay. Who cares if you get yelled at, just go work for their competition at another min wage job, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    It gets so old when the same cashiers have the same issues day in and day out. I hate to say it, but for years I have profiled my cashiers. Young males between the ages of 16 and 30 are the best, followed by middle aged women. I steer clear of the older ladies because they seem to know everything, and we all know that I'm the only one that really knows everything Glad you stayed calm and stood your ground. WTG!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Jun 9th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    I always check both the travel section and the regular size section as I have found them in both areas.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

what boggles me is that people like that continue to work on cash.. wth, eh?
    wolfwoman likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    what boggles me is that people like that continue to work on cash.. wth, eh?
    After the transaction was settled, I would be inclined towards a private word with the manager along the lines of ...
    "Do you think it appropriate that this staff person be working in customer service when she screams and yells at customers who are correct and then commits a type of financial fraud on this innocent customer while disobeying a supervisor?"
    "Seem like someone who should be working with stocking product and not customers or cash."
    wolfwoman likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

There are some cashiers that beleive that it is their job to be miserable.......my reg. I call them at my store ALWAYS come to me because I am always nice and always know my coupons. I always make the other staff laugh because I usually know the due date of each coupon without even reading it making my job easier and quicker. The same as some cashiers at my store not realizing you can use the reduce stickers for meat and coupons! One day in a perfect world we will have cashiers that enjoy their job and don't take their crap out on everyone else!
    vexy, wolfwoman and mrsfreeman like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (70%)

Good for you standing your ground. Last year I was using the $3 nexxus. The Cashier argued me ( I too stayed calm) and he called the CSM. She proceeded to tell me the same thing the cashier said. I told her no that's not right. So they called someone higher up I guess and they said to put it through and I was right. Well the cashier started arguing them. In the end they got put through...but I wish it didn't have to be such a hassle sometimes!!!
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like a similar problem I had at fresh-co. the cashier tried to tell me I couldn't use the coupon because the item was on sale. apparently to her you can't use coupons on sale items. she was ridiculously stupid in my opinion.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information