User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Protest talk - thread

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

This year i got hit with $255 bill for income i make lest than $14,000 a year most of it was for the health contribution which i don't use.I pay school taxes and property taxes,thank god my house is paid for because i don't know what i would do.So yes nothing is free

[QUOTE=Natadd;4742322]I just have one comment to make about an earlier post that stated "when you go see a doctor its free, we have the budget for it".
    It isn't free and apparently we don't have the budget for it because if you do your income taxes you will have noticed that we now have to pay 100$ per person over 18 into the health contribution which "ensures proper funding of the public healthcare system". In 2010 it was 25$, 2011 it was 100$ and next year it will be 200$ per person, unless your income falls below a threshold. Where were to protesters then?[/QUOT
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Protests are going down hill since the grand prix. I know a lady that lives 2 hrs away from Montreal, she was tellin me her dd comes down here to make trouble at the protests and then goes back home!

What do you guys think about the ''pre-elections'' that went down yesturday?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    Protests are going down hill since the grand prix. I know a lady that lives 2 hrs away from Montreal, she was tellin me her dd comes down here to make trouble at the protests and then goes back home!

What do you guys think about the ''pre-elections'' that went down yesturday?
    Too early to tell and probably not a good indicator of what will happen. Charest will wait until the situation is best for them to be re-elected. People have a short memory usually.

Historically in Quebec each party gets 2 terms then they get booted out Charest broke that tradition. Will he survive again, who knows. Will he even be the one to run? Maybe not. He may retire and they bring in someone new and popular like a "Denis Coderre" type and they could get back momentum. The CAQ seems to be flailing. They may go the way of the ADQ. I think if Mario Dumont would have stuck it out he may have been in the running this time. If the PQ get in then we go back to the political and economical uncertainly that this always brings with it. More companies pulling out people moving out etc.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    As you already said by the past that I was ditching everybody when I wasn't, I feel free to ditch here:

You won't have to pay as you don't work at all. It's not your money, get over it.
    I know I'm late for this reply but I just have to say:

Je trouve ironique de voir que quand je dis que chaque personne fait des choix et se doit d'assumer ces décisions, on sous-entend que cela ne devrait pas s'impliquer aux étudiants pauvres qui veulent étudier et qui ont besoin d'aide mais que l'on se permet de critiquer les choix des autres.
    Last edited by abouret; Wed, Jun 13th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
    AnnieP, GeorgiaK and Arielmac like this.
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is what I posted on FB. Everyone is fighting with eachother on there about the subject and this is the only time I talked about it on there!
    I try really hard to contain myself when it comes to politics. I have an opinion and believe that we all have the right to have different opinions without jumping down each other’s throats. It’s difficult to not comment when undereducated statements with false facts are so randomly thrown out there or small groups of ppl act out and ppl generalize the rest of them, or unrealistically comparing that would be little anyone, but I don’t say anything. I am for discussing subjects in a respectful adult manner? One last thing, what is up with the tunnel vision!?
    AnnieP and Tbites like this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information