User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaK
  • 8 Post By thriftygranny

Thread: That's it...I am through with SDM!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to do the secret 20x event today and tried to use the printable Stayfree $2 coupon from J&J's website.

I purchased 3 packs and used 3 coupons...or tried to. Got to the cash and the floor supervisor said that the manager told them not to accept the coupons since they were not reimbursed. I told her that the store's coupon policy states that printed coupons are ok as long as they meet the criteria (which mine did). She said she had to call the office. She was told to accept the 3 coupons (printed in colour) "this one time".

Fine.

I called head office and was told that each store has the discretion to apply the "policy" any which way it sees fit. So, I said what is the point of having a national policy POSTED ON FACEBOOK!! Very confusing and misleading for the customer!

I am so angry right now. I already posted a message on their Facebook page.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

The same thing happened to me too but that was about a month ago. I wanted to use the Stayfree printables but the SDM location would not take them. The store manager cited the same excuse as yours "Oh, we never get reimbursed for printables so we can't take them blah blah blah." I complained to SDM on their Facebook page but am not sure if anything was ever done about it. Anyway, I won't be shopping at that SDM ever again. I took the printables to another SDM near me and they accepted it without question! Makes you wonder, eh??
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

You think they would want to do what ever it takes to cater to a women who is buying femine products. I know it is a dangerous time of the month to tell me no to anything!!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This seem to vary so much by location... I go to 3 different Pharmaprix, and my "first pic" (better stocked) is awesome at accepting printed coupons (any coupon, really). I've used some "suspicious" looking one (some manufacturers printables come horrible in B&W), some English only coupons, multiple identical coupons in one transaction, over 20$ worth of coupons at once. Love using my coupons in Pharmaprix, but hate the tiny carts, the long lines and only one cash open most of the time.

Do you have another store near you that might have a better policy?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never have any issues at my SDM...the stock boy helped me get SCOP last week. Windsor, Ontario Menard and Wyandotte location
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have one within walking distance and they seem to be better at the coupon thing, but it is smaller. I liked (past tense) going to the larger one a bit farther for the selection, but after today, no more!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad. I don't have problems with printables, or any other coupons, at the SDMs I go to.

Well, vote with your feet - and some other company will be happy to get your business!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

SDM is one of the store I dislike, they never have any stock at my store.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I never have problems with printables or coupons in general at the 2 i go too
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the printable stayfree coupons says 'one coupon per purchase per customer' on mine .. so as far as i'm concerned you were lucky to be able to use all 3 if you have the same one as me ... but regardless of that you should have been able to use the printable

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Sorry you had a hassle...I missed it as it was too hot to bother going out! Saved me some money lol

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The store did not have a problem with the actual wording of the coupon; they had a problem that it was a printable. I did not even mind that the store doesn't want to accept printables, what I had a problem with was the inconsistency in applying the national policy without any warning to customers that this might happen.

Thread Information