User Tag List

Page 1 of 238 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An all purpose thread for political news and news of any kinds

Lets start

Read an interesting bit in the paper on saturday about how unions in Ontario are forcing members to support the provincial liberals and help with campaigns and cotnribute funds, with threats of being shut out of work and/or removed from positions, if the members do not agree.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh? I'm curious about that because I'm part of a Union, do you have a link? Would like to read it if you have it

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Liberal corruption is nothing new, but wow. This is over the top.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is nothing new, the unions have always done that here except mostly for the PQ, before that it was the church that used to tell people how to vote.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    This is nothing new, the unions have always done that here except mostly for the PQ, before that it was the church that used to tell people how to vote.
    I'm starting to see on right-leaning US sites that the church should man up and tell, nay order, their congregants to vote "that Godless muslim" outta the White House.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Politics. How I love thee Not a lot of new news to be had in the media regarding the RoboCalls scandal lately, but here's a great interview summarizing the scandal and the potential affects on Canadian politics.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

And of course my own shameless plug regarding the petition for a Royal Commission into the Robocall scandal as well Actually it's going to be part of a documentary that we are filming regarding the journey we've embarked on in the scary world of politics, but this segmant deals with the petition. Thoughts? Oh yes and sorry about the expressionless interview but this was like take 21 *grumbles*

DaveP and kparker1786 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Although I disagree with you politically Tara, I must admit I am impressed by your strong convictions and that you are not afraid to do things like that for what you believe in.
    TaraF likes this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Tara's a star! I noticed that your threads have been dormant for a while; thought you maybe were on holidays.
    So are occupy and robocall rolled into one movement now?
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    Although I disagree with you politically Tara, I must admit I am impressed by your strong convictions and that you are not afraid to do things like that for what you believe in.
    Thank you erin I do appreciate that. Regarding a petition for a royal commission into the scandal as well, it's not an "anti harper" petition, it's simply a request for a full independent inquiry into something Elections Canada has established has taken place. Nothing more. Nothing less. And anyone that has read the petition will notice the request is addressed to Harper. It reads:

THEREFORE, your petitioners request The Government of Canada and Prime Minister Stephen Harper call an independent, fully empowered Royal Commission into Election Fraud alongside the Elections Canada investigation and any possible investigation by the RCMP

If it was an anti harper petition I certainly would not be asking him to investigate himself

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, Tara's a star! I noticed that your threads have been dormant for a while; thought you maybe were on holidays.
    So are occupy and robocall rolled into one movement now?
    Actually Natalka Occupy and the Robocall rallies were never one and will never be lol When I met Jon Allan, the guy in that first interview, I started working with him on the rallies and he knew of people in Occupy and had worked with some of them but he has no connection anymore to Occupy. The rallies have remained a separate thing the whole time however.

Unfortunately there haven't been any rallies anywhere in a while. The sad reality is that it takes a lot of time and money to hold a rally and it's just not feasible for Jon or myself to continue to spend alot of our own money each time we want to hold a rally. I'm looking to organize a big rally for one last push before we head to Parliament in the fall but again that will be dependent on finances for both of us. And with me moving in September finances are that much more tight on this end. Grrrr.
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
    erin9mmm likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The occupy movement is pretty much dead in canada ( even though people pretend otherwise)
    Natalka, TaraF and erin9mmm like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Correct. And the thing that has always bothered me about Occupy is that they were so disorganized and never really had a focus. It was as though whatever they were cheesed off at that day is what they were against. To each their own but I think they pretty much killed their own movement.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    The occupy movement is pretty much dead in canada ( even though people pretend otherwise)
    erin9mmm likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07...etroit-tunnel/
    The tunnel connecting Windsor, Ont., to Detroit, Mich., was shut down Thursday because a bomb threat, police said.

A staff member at the international crossing received a phone call at 12:30 p.m. that said there was a bomb in the tunnel, said Sgt. Brett Corey of the Windsor Police.

“What we’re dealing with is a non-specific bomb threat,” Sgt. Corey said.

The tunnel was evacuated and closed, he said. Police in Ontario are liaising with the police department in Detroit, and have set up a command centre on the Windsor side of the tunnel.

Detroit–Windsor Tunnel is currently closed to traffic after a non-specific, anonymous bomb threat was received. Find alternate routes.^BD

— Windsor Police (@WindsorPolice) July 12, 2012
    According to the Windsor Star, the U.S. Coast Guard has set up a 900 metres safety zone to north and south of the tunnel, which is one of the busiest Canada-U.S. crossings between the two countries. More than 14,000 vehicles use the tunnel every day.

The 1.6 kilometre tunnel and border crossing runs underneath the Detroit River.

Motorists who need to cross into the U.S. can take the Ambassador Bridge or the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia. There is also a border crossing in Niagara Falls, Ont.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I have to agree. My husband is American so we both follow what's going on there and we both are NOT fond of Occupy...... Mainly the students who are whining because they got student loans and are expecting to pay them back..... Seriously?! It's a loan, you pay your loans back. When I got OSAP, I looked into it and researched what the average interest rate was and I was okay with it. In the US they complain they didn't know what the interest rates were, well there's your first mistake dummy! *sigh*

Page 1 of 238 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information