User Tag List

Page 728 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 228 628 678 718 726 727 728 729 730 738 778 828 1228 1728 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Tonight I'm making a once around the fridge. Not sure what I'll do with everything, but I'll let you know. I want to use up all the leftovers before they spoil.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

There is a summer party for our condo building and it says there is food...so I am going to check it out and pray that there is bbq LOL! I have such a craving and there is no place for us to actually bbq here so that would be a nice treat. Otherwise I fear it might be poutine one last time to use up the rest of the gravy in the fridge LOL! I really don't like gravy on anything else so it has to be on fries or I won't eat it. I'm trying to eat up what I have before it goes bad too. One thing I hate about living alone. Not a great selection of food in the fridge because I know it won't be ate in time if I buy a big variety!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am going to make sweet & sour chicken with peppers, pineapple, onions & serve it with rice.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Making beef and broccoli - my fiancé's fave "Chinese" dish. Tossing some peppers in there too.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Festive Dal soup from the Food Facts thread post # 54. Smells yummy already!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Check out these ABT's I cook up on my BBQ! The full recipe and cooking direction can be found here on my blog:
    Name:  IMG_1056.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  24.5 KB
    http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.ca/20...ts-on-bbq.html

Bonne Appetit and Happy grilling!
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well since the summer party was a bust (they only had hot dogs blech), I came home and made chicken strips and poutine (yes again LOL) and no I am not sick of poutine yet LOL!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's the anniversary of our first date today, so DFiancé is cooking me dinner. He was toying with the idea of poutine, LOL (made me think of you rose), but I'm hopeful for something a little more nutritious and also, difficult I don't cook elaborate things really, but I mean c'mon, bake some fries, make some packaged gravy and grab some cheese/cheese curd, a little more effort hun.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mushroom soup & salad...ok for working
    Natalka, hollyquaiscer and Wendark like this.

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gosh, you're all making me crave poutine!

I'll probably have more barbequed foods tonight with a salad since it's too hot to cook inside.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    It's the anniversary of our first date today, so DFiancé is cooking me dinner. He was toying with the idea of poutine, LOL (made me think of you rose), but I'm hopeful for something a little more nutritious and also, difficult I don't cook elaborate things really, but I mean c'mon, bake some fries, make some packaged gravy and grab some cheese/cheese curd, a little more effort hun.
    haha yes! I think I have had poutine for a week straight now...Close enough anyway. Usually a can of poutine gravy would do my family of four with a dish left over for someone to use another time. Well with just me living here I either have to freeze it, or eat it up so I chose to eat it up. I don't want to be wasteful and throw things out so I am eating up everything I open first before opening more things. Maybe eventually once I get used to the whole living alone thing I will have a better system so I don't have to eat something for a week straight LOL! I'm not complaining though since I have been working all week and it's been kind of crazy so I come home exhausted and not wanting to make much or I get to eat at like 8-9pm LOL

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl View Post
    Gosh, you're all making me crave poutine!

I'll probably have more barbequed foods tonight with a salad since it's too hot to cook inside.
    I'm craving BBQ!!! We have a ton of amenities at this condo but a bbq area doesn't seem to be one of them. I'm used to eating a lot of bbq during the summer at home since my parents don't like to turn on the a/c unless we absolutely have to and it was always better to use the bbq instead of the stove and heating up the house. I totally miss having a hamburger and am way too cheap to go to a fancy restaurant for a good quality one, so I guess I have to wait until I go home for a visit LOL!
    hollyquaiscer and Wendark like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Just me tonight so gluten free cereal and rice milk

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and a salad.

Am I the only person alive that doesn't like poutine?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post

Nope, you're not. I hated the idea of it because I absolutely HATE gravy. but somewhere along the line I was converted from bites from friends, though I wish I really wish I wasn't.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post

I have never eaten that yucky stuff either, and I am still alive, lol. I actually get queasy watching people order it at the show!

So today I was making the lemon chicken for DD and my diets. I usually just make 6 servings, but I had an extra thawed chix breast, so 10 servings it was.
    Anyway, I am adding the cornstarch to the 5 cups of chicken broth in my big measuring cup, not paying attention, whisking, adding, whisking, still adding.
    I pour it in the pan, looked great, added the zest and juice from 6 lemons, simmer. Then I hear this funny sound and I look over and the mixture is like GLUE ( almost) I was supposed to just add a few tblsp of cornstarch. Wonder where my mind went??
    Well I was able to " rescue " it by adding another full carton of the No Salt Chicken broth and extra lemon juice till it thinned out, thank goodness! ( would have hated to waste all that food)

I actually strained it first to get all the chix and stuff in each dish, then topped with a bit of the sauce. I froze the leftover sauce, more than 2 cups! ) Now next time I make it I won't have to make sauce!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information