User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ebay; think it's time to call it quits

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

In the last 3 months 3 of the 6 items I have purchased has not arrived. In my entire ebay experience over the last 15 years I have only had a total of 5 items (including these 3) not arrive. All 3 were items that came from overseas. So I get that they have gone through a lot of hands. I find that many overseas sellers have been posting to be patient as sometimes things take longer (which is true, sometimes they do take longer and sometimes beyond the time to leave feedback or start resolution) and resolve with them before leaving feedback (as negative feedback results in higher fees). Now of the 5 items that have gone MIA, 3 of the sellers have resolved the situations to my satisfaction, but the last 2 have left a bad taste in my mouth. And then I bring myself to the questions........Well what do I expect? Good customer service? Is it reasonable to expect that all sellers on ebay are going to endeavor to give good customer service? My items go through a lot of hands, and who's accountable for the missing items anyhow? The sellers? Me, for not enhanced shipping with tracking? Do I want to pay those kind of additional fees? I know that Ebay has tools to resolve the matters, but it just isn't fitting well with how my international purchases go. And finally, I have to acknowledge that over the 15 years, and the evolution of Ebay, I have been groomed as a consumer to trust beyond what used to be reasonable about mail order items. But something seems to be changing, and well I am just not onboard.

I'm not sure how well I will do abstaining from ebay, I have relied on ebay to find obscure and hard to find items, as well as to find great deals on items that have highly inflated prices.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay
    cftrade and bullet tooth like this.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry you had so many negative experiences with Ebay. I agree that no matter what service you provide, customer service should be top priority, but unfortunately this is not the case. When I used Ebay when DS was a baby I bought alot of Gymboree clothing for him as there was no way I could afford to buy them in store. The buyers we usually from the US and I never had a bad experience, any issue was resolved politley and in a timely matter. I also like how they give you a time frame as to when the item will arrive and more often than not, it comes earlier. my MIL uses Ebay alot as well to purchase items that come from overseas, and she always has problems (arriving late, product not what she ordered, etc.) but then I don't think she checks the seller ratings as she should. I haven't used Ebay for years as I find Amazon is better, for me.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've never had problems with Ebay. All of the items that I've purchased have come in a timely fashion, however, all of the items have come from the USA or Canada.
    GoJays and bullet tooth like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been very lucky so far and have gotten everything, sometimes a bit slower then I wanted . The first thing I do is check the seller's ratings especially for the last 6 months.
    GoJays and bullet tooth like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:45 AM.
    pippinelkhound and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Sorry you had a bad experience. I have never had a problem with Ebay & I have bought lots of stuff from overseas. However, I never spent too much money on items from there, it has always just been something like phone accessories like cases, skins.
    PammieD and bullet tooth like this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your issues
    I haven't had any issues on ebay to date... but I only buy from people that have sold a lot and have a high score.
    GoJays, PammieD and bullet tooth like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I stopped using Ebay years ago. I find there's too many "stores" selling on there & no more individual people
    Thumpersmom and bullet tooth like this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry about your experience. That sucks. I buy 90% from Canadian sellers and 10% USA ones. ANd I only buy from folks with aged accounts and good ratings. eBay is still a great place to buy.
    krysta lynne and bullet tooth like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Never a problem here and I often buy from people listed as being in hong kong, china etc. However I always read lots of their feedback and if it leans heavily towards positive I will buy from them. I even ordered an mp3 player for like 60cents,lol and got it from hong kong in 1 1/2 weeks..didn't owe duty on it or anything. Looking to buy art prints and a lot of them are overseas too.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never had a big problem with ebay. According to the feedback I bought just about 100 items from there. From anywhere in the worl, but only from users who were either power sellers or sold a lot of stuff and had no less than 99.0% positive feedback.

From 100 items bought, more like 5 items were lost/did not work but the sellers either replaced it, refunded it plus gave me discount on next purchases. Now, if the sellers don't work to give you a good offer than open an ebay or paypal dispute. Then they will do it.
    bullet tooth likes this.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry about your experience.I have been used the ebay for online shopping for many years,the unexpected situation happen to me either,but i have to admit,the products there are really cheap..I do not bought electronics in ebay,the after sale service is too complicated...I also shopping in Amazon,the products there are also very cheap..
    Last edited by Galiy; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    bullet tooth likes this.
    Android tablet or Apple iPad,that is the problem...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to agree with you. I have been on eBay since 2001. I have closed my personal account & now use a joint account with my fiance.

Lately I have never had more items not arrive as well, more than ever before. One from Florida that I was even going to call in sick from work to bid on (ha!), one that was in Sarnia (I am in Toronto), shoelaces from someone who lives IN THE SAME CITY, a couple overseas... When I had my own account, I had only ever had 1 item not arrive & this was back in the day when you could still send cash for payment.

Luckily for me, each item I did not receive the seller did not reply to my Paypal disputes & Paypal found in my favor. Little criminals. This is only for North American disputes. They wouldn't respond to me on eBay or on the Paypal disputes.

Chinese sellers (the only other people who never sent us items) would tell us that the item would take to long because of it being international. To be fair, I just found out from a seller in China they do send it by boat or cargo or whatever. I tell them that I am going to be filing a Paypal claim to protect myself because I never received the item & only have a few more days to do it. If the item arrives, I will cancel the claim. They tell me they will send out another right away. It usually arrives fast & I tell them if the other one arrives, I will just RETURN TO SENDER it. The first one never arrives.

Will this keep me off eBay? No. I have had too many good experiences that outweigh the bad ones. The experiences of getting great deals, getting rare items, items I've been wanting for awhile, other items I can't get or find where I live. I won't let a few bad apples ruin it for me. You shouldn't either. I have learned to protect myself on my 10+ years on eBay. I may get messed around with & it may get annoying at times, but I'll be damned if I get ripped off again.

Unfortunately, in the rare occasion an item may truthfully not arrive. You can honestly go with your gut & sense this with the seller & come to some sort of an agreement with the seller.
    Last edited by Sir Thrift-A-Lot; Thu, Aug 30th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
    bullet tooth likes this.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Bad stuff can happen on ebay, but it wont stop me buying. I have won the 3 disputes I had in 5 yrs so I never lose anything except time.
    cabmonk and bullet tooth like this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive purchased ALOT of items from eBay. The only time I didn't receive items was from overseas, and only when it wasn't a power seller.
    I can't afford the shipping charges any longer...quite ridiculous.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information