User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: Cashiers!!!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think cashiers should at least be train a bit more towards customers service. Like I have ahd great cashiers who are great and than their is some who should not be working with the public at all. I just think if your going to work with the public at least be nice and at least say thank you or just smile even.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

With the attitude cashiers get from customers for sometimes no reason at all, I'm surprised any of them are pleasant to deal with. A lot of people seem to think the world revolves around them, and feel the need to make a cashier's job difficult over the smallest things. My friend works cash at a the local grocery store to pay for college and I can't even tell you how many times a day she gets ranted at just for asking if they'd like a bag, always hearing "No i don't want your stupid 5 cent bags, you're always trying to take more of my hard earned $". Or heaven forbid a price rings in wrong, then it's like she's trying to steal from them, when she clearly has no part in how prices are put into the system. So many people in our society need the chill out, there are so many worse things in life than not getting a grocery bag...
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Just a little correction - it's not the cashier's store, they are just getting paid a crap wage to work there.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I understand there are rude customers out there and cashiers will get dumped on which is not right. BUT at the same time working with the public is a risk your taking. When I was younger I was a cashier I understand, but at the same time I was always nice to everyone, no matter what. Because people who are rude like that will probably look for anything to complain about and if you get them even more mad it will not help the issue. They can not be mean or complain if ur being nice. If your nice and if your easy going most of the time the rude customer will calm down.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A cashier is a direct representation of the store franchise is it not? Cashiers are not special by any means...wheter you work in the toy department or a cashier...you're still an employee.

Just like any other employee working anywhere else...it's the same thing. You work for the store and are part of the company.
    misstarbender likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xXtiggerXx View Post
    With the attitude cashiers get from customers for sometimes no reason at all, I'm surprised any of them are pleasant to deal with. A lot of people seem to think the world revolves around them, and feel the need to make a cashier's job difficult over the smallest things. My friend works cash at a the local grocery store to pay for college and I can't even tell you how many times a day she gets ranted at just for asking if they'd like a bag, always hearing "No i don't want your stupid 5 cent bags, you're always trying to take more of my hard earned $". Or heaven forbid a price rings in wrong, then it's like she's trying to steal from them, when she clearly has no part in how prices are put into the system. So many people in our society need the chill out, there are so many worse things in life than not getting a grocery bag...
    You called it.......the HARD EARNED MONEY....cashiers will always remember to say " do you want a bag" but God forbid they say THANK YOU after the transaction.

That's why i don't even acknowledge cashier's existence!!!
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, I'm 45 and have always been trained in my places of employment that the customer is the first priority and you use your manners!! I always say "thank you" to customers, no matter where I've worked. I smile and say "have a good day". However, I absolutely see that nowadays alot of young(er) employees have an "I don't give a crap" attitude and a sense of job entitlement. As long as they get a paycheck nothing really matters. That's the problem with service jobs lately. You should always act as if the business owner was looking over your shoulder. You are being paid to represent that business. That business would like to keep customers and make a profit. If a customer is an ass, and many are, you are still being paid to be professional. (Maybe this is the outcome of a generation of kids that got timeouts instead of spankings? )
    Eva-M and Carlotta like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I think a cashier is a person. People can be nice, indifferent, mean, etc. Usually someone's personality doesn't change that much whether at work or not. There was a time where customer service was first, but that changed for better prices. There still are a few stores with higher prices and a higher standard of customer service like Safeway, but most people nowadays prefer the better prices. If it saves me $, I'm fine with being the one to say thank you. Besides, I say thank you as that's a reflection on me not them.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

wow and i was missing all the action indeed..

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I was in Walmart last week and when the cashier handed me my bag and I said thank you, I got a 'No Problem' as a response. Tsk tsk...

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hmm well as a adult Ive learned in life that I can only control myself so in saying that I say thank you to cashiers , people holding doors open for me , etc etc , I was taught to have manners , wether serving or being served , I dont base my manners on if someone does or say something first , as long as Im happy with how I treat others thats all that matters ., and frankly most of the time I dont even notice what someones reaction is to if I say thank you , perhaps that will give them a good example or perhaps no matter what I say they will continue to be rude , either or I have bigger things to worry about then that

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Cashiers SHOULD absolutley care if a person shops in their store or not. If customers are feeling like they are being treated rudely by not being thanked for shopping, they will stop shopping in that store. They might tell their friends and family. Those people might choose to not shop at that store. The store is now losing money. The cashiers hours are now being cut. Why would you not care about that (if you were a cashier)

I work for Safeway and we get mystery shoppers. If we are caught not thanking a customer by one of these mystery shoppers, we are hauled up to the office and given what for.
    I thank each and every single one of my customers for coming in and choosing to buy their coffee from me. (I manage the Starbucks kiosk)
    If I caught one of my employees not thanking MY customers I would sit them down and ask if they need some retraining.

THANK YOUR CUSTOMERS!! OR SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR HOURS!!
    Last edited by misstarbender; Fri, Aug 24th, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
    pippinelkhound and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Stifler I agree with you 100%

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I'm not an actual cashier, I only do cash when it gets busy. And honestly I don't know if I say thank you or not. I'm 90% sure I do, but that's because I'm one of those people that day please and thank you all te time. Even if it isnt really the right time to or not. Buti really don't care (as a customer) if a cashier says thank you or not to me. As long as they are polite andfriendly that's good enough for me.
    Also, most cashiers don't get training by a manager or supervisor, we get trained by other cashiers, which is why there is so many problems with cashiers not knowing policies or having the same line.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I don;t give a flying fig if the cashier says thanks or not. Couldn't tell you if they do. As long as they are nice and polite I don't have any problems and feel they represent their store well.

Bagging items is a minefield these days. For every persom that reams a cashier out for bagging there is one who does about not bagging or how they have their own bags or how bagging is for the weak they will just have a box. I think it's really sad as a society that we tell people hey you work with the public so you expect and put up with the torrent of abuse and sh*t that people aim at you multiple times a day, everyday and be grateful.

It's not acceptable to treat anyone that way. I always smile and say hello as long as i get that in return I'm not bothered by the small details.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information