User Tag List

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    This last week hasnt been easy for me.

My great-uncle died last sunday, a cousin on my father's side died as well, and someone my family has known for a while also died. The shiva week couldnt be completed properly due to the holiday of shavuot which caused the shiva to end prematurely. The on top of that, I came down with a bad cold and an ear infection last week that got really bad over the weekend and I wasnt abkle to go to synagogue on shavuot and in fact I couldnt even leave my house for three days, and cabin fever truly set in. I began pacing and couldnt stop thinking. I tired to read my fvaourite book but it completely fell apart, pages torn out and I now need to buy a new copy. Whne the holiday ended and I could use the net again, it felt like an escape from prison almost.
    One thing that cheered me up was my frogs.

Interesting story, when one of the frogs got his leg caught in the tank's filter, we got him out but he couldnt swim for a while afterwards. He finally managed to make it to where the other frogs were and for a long time after, the others kept an eye on him. If some swam away, there was always at least one staying with him and they took turns.
    Skippy and Tbites like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This last week hasnt been easy for me.

My great-uncle died last sunday, a cousin on my father's side died as well, and someone my family has known for a while also died. The shiva week couldnt be completed properly due to the holiday of shavuot which caused the shiva to end prematurely. The on top of that, I came down with a bad cold and an ear infection last week that got really bad over the weekend and I wasnt abkle to go to synagogue on shavuot and in fact I couldnt even leave my house for three days, and cabin fever truly set in. I began pacing and couldnt stop thinking. I tired to read my fvaourite book but it completely fell apart, pages torn out and I now need to buy a new copy. Whne the holiday ended and I could use the net again, it felt like an escape from prison almost.

I'm so sorry for your losses, especially all at once and to be sick too, it just magnifies everything.
    Don't be too hard on yourself, and give yourself time to grieve.
    Your frog story was quite interesting, and open to interpretation(or not). That frog needed somebody and they were there to help him. I hope you find yourself surrounded by others in your time of need.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sadly a lot of my frogs died today. I dont know what happened but I feel really weird now, just sort of off. The frogs have helped me with my depression issues and while not all of them died, it still feels weird.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sadly a lot of my frogs died today. I dont know what happened but I feel really weird now, just sort of off. The frogs have helped me with my depression issues and while not all of them died, it still feels weird.
    Gryphon you are normal. Somehow pets have the ability to touch us in places that sometimes people can't.
    They give us so much, yet ask so very little in return. Grieve your loss and carry on one day at a time.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Gryphon you are normal. Somehow pets have the ability to touch us in places that sometimes people can't.
    They give us so much, yet ask so very little in return. Grieve your loss and carry on one day at a time.
    I still have 5 or 6 frogs including Charlie who was one of the first two frogs I had along with phoenix ( who died last fall), I can tell him apart from the others because he is a different type of frog. I will take extra care of these guys and maybe get some more after some time has past.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have very severe depression...along with ADHD and some pretty bad learning disabilities. I am on meds but I swear to go they are not working. I am having a hell of a month I guess you could say.

My living situation is alot different then most. I live at home and help take care of my older sister with CP.I also have a teenage daughter who is 15 plus my mom here. I am not able to work anymore either due to back problems. Now here comes the fun part. I wanted to go away for a couple of days with my Best friend to montreal cuz I had not seen her in months and we are only an hrs drive away. Well my mom freaked even though I have everything covered for the weekend. I went anyways but that started a major episode with me and I cannot shake it. I feel so trapped here and that I cannot do anything, that I even need to ask to go pee. I know irrational but its the way i feel. I spend most of my time awake I cannot sleep I go between binge eating then eating nothing, either not sleeping or sleeping 12-14 hrs. I am so bad tonight I am sitting here trying not to cry as I type this. Not to mention my teenage daughter has depression she just likes to express it in explosive episodes instead of my way. So between trying to deal with her my house and my mother and everything going on here I feel like I am about to crack.....such fun time =(

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont know what it is. The last few days or even weeks, I have felt unmotivated to do anything, I feel like life is just going right by and Im left behind. And Ive been in a funk I cant get out of. A funk I have to pretend doesnt exist. I dont like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I too suffer from severe depression as well as borderline personality disorder and OCD, the last few months have not been easy, some days I sleep 12-16 hours and the others I have no motivation or drive to do anything. I have 2 boys and a husband who are very supportive and understand, I finally got my meds changed 2 days ago and I guess time will tell. I'm not lucky in the meds department as most meds only work for 1 year and then they don't work at all.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day than today.
    ssbean likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well it seems like July has been a difficult time for many, myself included. Hopefully it is just the weather.
    I've been sleeping too much and am having difficulty just doing what needs to be done, so unfortunately SC has not been a priority.
    I am glad that others share their experiences here if only to vent. Just remember you are never alone despite what your mind may tell you.
    May each one of you know much grace,peace,comfort and strength.
    Feel free to PM anytime.
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

about 2 years, I got broken up with him. At that time, i feel very depression and feel that have no interest with anything. .....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont know why but last night I just started crying. I felt like all the weight of the pressure on me just got to be too much. And I couldnt stop thinking of my late zeidah who I miss so much.
    Last edited by gryphon; Thu, Aug 16th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ladies we are not alone: some days are better than others and tomorrow is another day. Wishing everyone a good evening and a better tomorrow!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

My 19 year old son suffers from anxiety and depression. He sees a psychiatrist and is medicated but it is still hard when things happen that he can't control. These last 2 weeks have been super stressful in that his cat jumped off the balcony and can't be found, his boss laughed when he had a panic attack, got fired after 4 years, got apologized to by the head boss and rehired at another location, didn't hear back from the other boss about his work schedule yet, no money at all, roommate was fired as well, people owe him money, etc etc etc....

He has broken down and cried quite a bit these past weeks. He says he doesn't mind the fact that he crying so much as the going back and forth between feeling okay and then emotional in a matter of minutes some times.

What can I do as his mom to help him through this?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    My 19 year old son suffers from anxiety and depression. He sees a psychiatrist and is medicated but it is still hard when things happen that he can't control. These last 2 weeks have been super stressful in that his cat jumped off the balcony and can't be found, his boss laughed when he had a panic attack, got fired after 4 years, got apologized to by the head boss and rehired at another location, didn't hear back from the other boss about his work schedule yet, no money at all, roommate was fired as well, people owe him money, etc etc etc....

He has broken down and cried quite a bit these past weeks. He says he doesn't mind the fact that he crying so much as the going back and forth between feeling okay and then emotional in a matter of minutes some times.

What can I do as his mom to help him through this?
    Just continue to be there for him, with the love a mother has for her child. Stability is what he needs.
    May you both know much grace,peace,comfort and strength. Prayer offered.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Just continue to be there for him, with the love a mother has for her child. Stability is what he needs.
    May you both know much grace,peace,comfort and strength. Prayer offered.
    Agree.
    Nice to see you posting Skippy.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information