User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Rant to Mcgunity gov't

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks to MCguinty for starters i feel stupid pulling my daughter out of all day kindergarden in the mornings and am debating as to whether to stop and give in for the full day as a SAHM. I obviously do not sit her in front of a t.v. or neglect her when i do it. I understand that most parents are working and it is an advantage to them but could he itleast not call it MANDATORY and make the curriculmn work so it will be sort of optional? I tried switching schools so it would not single my daughter out so much but apparently i am not allowed because the full day school is 'closer' if that even makes sense.

Also leading me to a big thank you to Mcgunity for not backing down on the all day kindergarden and taking away the teachers sick days instead. My daughters teacher came to work with a sore throat, working with kindergardens i bet normally she might of thought to stay home that day so then my daughter catches it and has had her cold for 2 weeks and she normally does not get sick. The first week was more of a nose/fever thing and on the weekend she was coughing like crazy. Most of the time (besides 3-4 days)i sent my daughter to school because i can't just keep her home for 2 weeks!! Now i have caught it as well and bet a lot of poor little kids there have to.

Once the next election comes up i will CERTAINLY find a lesser evil to vote for and i never vote but to vote against him i will!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by kris32; Tue, Sep 25th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish I could "like" a post more than once. You get 100 likes from me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kris, They do whatever it takes to keep themselves in power. Billions of dollars in health care money up in smoke with E-health and ORNGE. Just wish we had someone competent and HONEST to vote for.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They are currently debating the fact the government lied about the cost of the power plants and moving them during the election to get more votes too, so much for all their promises of accountability huh
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    Kris, They do whatever it takes to keep themselves in power. Billions of dollars in health care money up in smoke with E-health and ORNGE. Just wish we had someone competent and HONEST to vote for.
    and we may never know how much or even begin to look into those because they are stopping committees sitting and its the only place they can investigate them and make the government turn over documents or question people
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Believe me, the teachers don't really like the full day kindergarten either. Some of the kids in the classroom are only 3 years old and really do need nap time still. Most of the schools around here aren't full day, some are full day every second day or half days everyday.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

All 3 schools near me have full day kintergarten, but they also have nap time they pull down the blinds etc on that room for an hour during the day
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kris32 View Post
    My daughters teacher came to work with a sore throat, working with kindergardens i bet normally she might of thought to stay home that day so then my daughter catches it and has had her cold for 2 weeks and she normally does not get sick.
    Yes, lots of people are sick right now.
    Sorry about the teacher and your daughter.

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

oh health care is horrible to. For my whole region they want everyone to drive to one hospital last i heard.

Glad to hear other teachers don't like it but i find these ones hard to read, i think they encourage full day kindergarden for the most part.

They do have "quiet time" according to the schedule but my dd has went a full day or 2 and there were no naps involved, i asked,lol. The teachers here keep trying to talk to me to convince me and say it will be good for her but she pretty much knows what you're supposed to know,of course she needs a little practice with a few letters/numbers and stuff. Trying to do a couple things in the afternoons sometimes so she doesn't fall behind or miss out too much.

Their saying she is doing great and i should keep her in full day--well yes i know she is doing great because believe it or not a parent can teach their kids a thing or 2 even heaven forbid a few things teachers do not. Then the one asked me if i put her in jr. kindergarden i said no then she just turned away--must of been trying to convince me jr. helped her or something,dunno! i only didn't because it was full day and back then i didn't think she could handle it at 3. My grandfather used to be on the board of education and he even says it is a very very stupid idea....and he is all about the education ...trust me he always drills everyone,lol.

I just feel horribe because at first when i was picking her up she'd be like biting her backpack,eating her shirt etc. and i just associated it with her being stressed because none of her others friends were leaving and all that but she seemed ok today, maybe she was coming out of her shyness at school on the other hand i am thinking because she definately is that way AT FIRST. Still don't know what to think/do. Feel horrible for those 3 year olds as mentioned...or maybe should feel horrible for the teachers?lol.

Isn't it great when there is a lesser evil around? lol. It sure has been awhile for Canada seems like!! That investigation will probably just end up being paid off by the gov't to keep it a secret knowing them.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Yes, I am not impressed with the McGuinty gov. right now for their choices, especially in education.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am pretty sure teachers are allowed sick days, they are not going to be allowed to bank them like they used to in the past, which I 10000000% agree with, sorry that is just not right.

Full day kindergarten is pretty helpful from my standpoint, a lot of parents send their children to daycare because they work - so I see this more as helping than hurting

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ps I do not care much for McSquinty

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Disclaimer...I am a teacher (off on mat. leave).

My take: we as a province could not afford FDK.

Regarding sick days: Teachers had 20 sick days per year, which have now BY LEGISLATION been cut in half. We used to be able to bank unused sick days for a retirement gratuity. This was instead of receiving the standard 4% vacation pay.

Why do teachers have to pay for FDK (which adds to our deficit) with sick days, and the ability to bank them for gratuity upon retirement, when they were bargained for in exchange for not receiving 4% vacation pay? Please be careful with assumptions, there are a great many things people do not know about my working conditions and contract as there are many things I do not know about their working conditions and contract.

The real issue here is McGuinty does not have the people's support any longer so now the provincial government is legislating to get their way.

Thank you for your support OP. I agree with your sentiments. Parents should be their children's primary educators. Sorry your family is sick and hope everyone starts to feel better.

Just my 2 cents...I won't wage war with those attempting to ruffle more feathers.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Sep 26th, 2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: adding more info on sick days
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

McSquinty had to freeze the teacher's wages so he could pay for all the renovations at schools to accomodate the FDK. Millions of dollars to do this. And for what? Free daycare for parents? Why should the teachers be responsible to babysit your children?
    I wonder something though..why are we all ranting here about the government's mismanagement of our tax dollars. We should be protesting by writing petitions, asking for full disclosure on the power plant cancellation deals, asking why the government isn't freezing their own wages or cutting their "gratuity". Somewhere in the range of $100,000.00 once their time in office is over and this is after only 4 years in office. We need accountability in government. We need clarity. We need to stand up and fight for our right (to paaaarrrrty! lol) Sorry got side tracked there. Canadians are too complacent. We should write to our local MPPs and ask for a public explanation.
    ninna, Granger, Miabee and 1 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    I wonder something though..why are we all ranting here about the government's mismanagement of our tax dollars. We should be protesting by writing petitions, asking for full disclosure on the power plant cancellation deals, asking why the government isn't freezing their own wages or cutting their "gratuity". Somewhere in the range of $100,000.00 once their time in office is over and this is after only 4 years in office. We need accountability in government. We need clarity. We need to stand up and fight for our right (to paaaarrrrty! lol) Sorry got side tracked there. Canadians are too complacent. We should write to our local MPPs and ask for a public explanation.
    According to them, they have given full disclosure on the power plants. In their defense, they did actually freeze MPP salaries (the Liberals just made pretty much everyone a Parliamentary Assistant for that pay instead, but the opposition doesn't have that benefit)

Petitions and protests mean nothing to the government. I bet if you went and asked them who was outside protesting on any given day, they couldn't answer without sending a staffer out to check
    ~ ~ ~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information