User Tag List

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: The "Other Money": What's in YOUR Wallet? *Closed - Use 2013 Thread*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Hmm..for me recently $30.34 from the consignment store(which I let grow for 2 months), about $50 selling childrens items on a mom to mom page the past few wks.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I got another paycheck from Pinecone Surveys. I have to put it in the bank. I'm thinking of "pocketing" in my saving-for-the-trip account the $ I've saved from getting "free" Nestea - but I probably wouldn't have bought it unless it was free. That would amount to a PILE of money. I sold a pet carrier on Kijiji that we had never used and put that money in the trip account. I performed a wedding last weekend and put the fees from that in my account, too.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I have redeemed for PayPal on both swagbucks and superpoints - $40 total. Waiting for pending points on webperspectives to go through so I can get another $10 PayPal. DFiancé and I both did a McDonald's iced coffee taste test today for $60 each. Put that in our Christmas money account. Did a promo with the local mall here for donating clothes to the salvation army - ended up with $60 in mall GCs which are actually just MasterCard GCs so I can use them anywhere.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Swagbucks pays for my Netflix! As well as Superpoints and Webperspectives. I have cashed out on a few other survey sites, but I hardly ever do the surveys so it takes a while.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I think I have sold our Electric Wood Stove-looking fireplace. We practically "gave" it away but the lady is "newly" single and so I gave her a bargain. She did call to say that it's not working but my dh and I went over with new lightbulbs and it looks like it will work (I had bought the wrong shaped bulbs.) While she was here I offered her the pull-out sofa-bed that we've been trying to sell. Right now - getting rid of it is a plus. Then I can strip the wallpaper and paint the room! So a little money in the "savings" pot.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just cashed in my 10.00 from zellers off my purchase and got 20.00 cheque coming in from surveys
    $avvy$hopper, ssbean and lucy16076 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My fiance got a "50% off all regular priced items" from Moore's for being part of their loyalty program. Since he didn't anything there I gave it to one of my girlfriends for her fiance. He bought a $300 sport coat for $150, and since it had to go through my fiance' account, he will get the points for it. It will push him over the $500 amount meaning he will get a $50 GC in the mail sometime (without stipulations like "spend $100 and save $50" - just straight up $50).
    ssbean and lucy16076 like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Been a loooonnnng while since I've posted here but I'm alive and well and collecting "other money", a little slower than before but it's adding up. Here's what's gone on for us since last report:

1) Redeemed airmiles (last of dream rewards balance) for Cineplex movie night passes. Hubby and I will enjoy a date night! Switched to Air Miles cash now.

2) Redeemed $10 airmiles cash at Metro for groceries.

3) Called CAA for auto quote and will receive a $25 gas card through their facebook offer!

4) Redeemed Swagbucks for $25 paypal and almost at another $10

5) Redeemed $5 in Superpoints Paypal and almost at another $5

6) $5 Gas cards from Kellogg's offer...first 2 have arrived, waiting patiently for the last 3!

7) Have $50 in rdeals.ca credits awaiting use from Rogers Customer appreciation offer. Haven't seen anything yet to buy but hopefully something fun will come up soon. I loved the Kernels popcorn promo they ran several months ago...bring that one back and I'm a very happy camper!

8) Been redeeming SDM points to offset grocery/household needs but now have enough for a top redemption level.

9) $16 from CT$ ready use on next gas fill up or other househould item(s)

10) up to $5 in consignment $ at one store...gotta check what my account at the other two stores.

Been a good summer/fall. And now that I'm back on SC, I'm looking forward to more savings for the Christmas fund and holiday break.

Hope your "other money" wallet is fatter than last week! Do tell!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well turned my credit card points into 100.00 esso gas card
    Ceren, hogama and $avvy$hopper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Not much this month but I figure every little bit helps.
    Redeemed $10 in airmiles cash on groceries today.
    Sold $25 of used kids stuff on kijiji this week.
    Sold $10 of little notecards in my etsy shop.
    Earned $5 from a survey
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So happy to see this thread again. Welcome back Savvy

I've really slowed down in these categories because my life got in the way, as it does with all of us. This is an overall summary because i forgot where i left off: I have $500 for Christmas (half in Paypal, half in cash for taste tests, etc) none of which has come out of my budget, all "free money". I also have $100 in Airmiles waiting to be redeeed for something (ok its actually 949 and I need 950, but I think that close enough to count!). I have $10 for HBC, and enough for a $50 GC from Aeroplan.

We've implemented strict gift limits because my birthday is early November, the man's is early December and then Christmas, do its two months of spending.
    $avvy$hopper likes this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well turned my credit card points into 100.00 esso gas card
    Good for you! Which credit card gives you those points? i only go to Esso once in a while but it's good to know what's out there...was it HBC? I have that card and am sitting on points since Zellers closed...wasn't enough to redeem again.

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Not much this month but I figure every little bit helps.
    Redeemed $10 in airmiles cash on groceries today.
    Sold $25 of used kids stuff on kijiji this week.
    Sold $10 of little notecards in my etsy shop.
    Earned $5 from a survey
    Great job! It all adds up!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    So happy to see this thread again. Welcome back Savvy

I've really slowed down in these categories because my life got in the way, as it does with all of us. This is an overall summary because i forgot where i left off: I have $500 for Christmas (half in Paypal, half in cash for taste tests, etc) none of which has come out of my budget, all "free money". I also have $100 in Airmiles waiting to be redeeed for something (ok its actually 949 and I need 950, but I think that close enough to count!). I have $10 for HBC, and enough for a $50 GC from Aeroplan.

We've implemented strict gift limits because my birthday is early November, the man's is early December and then Christmas, do its two months of spending.
    Thanks alicia! Great job on your monies set aside to date... I hear you on the "birth-mas" spending...good you've got a plan to keep it in check!

So happy for an email from Stouffers to link my points accounts with Lean Cuisine...I totally forgot I even had points there! So much on the brain! Anywho, now that the points are combined, I'm closer to a reward...yay!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I had to buy a new hair dryer and a knee brace so that came out to be more than $50 and I got a $10 gift card from SDM.

I have won a cheeseburger and fries from the monopoly contest at McDonalds. (Haven't spent them yet.)

In Nov. we get our "money back" from our moneyback visa at our bank. I'm not sure what that will come to.

This is not "free money" but we are going on a trip and so I bought a $200 President's gift card. This helped my church which gets the % back from the card - but it means that we'll have some "cash flow" to use as soon as we get back.

Bought 2 "groupon" buys - 1 for us and 1 as a Christmas gift. A 2 night stay at a very nice hotel (We did this last year) with King Bed and Breakfast included in Toronto for $75 for each. That's a "free" holiday in the winter when we just NEED to get away!

Our dog sitter has had some family problems and cannot take care of our dogs for November while we are away. A very good friend who recently lost her own dog, has stepped in and this has saved us a significant amount of $. (I'll hide a very nice "tip" in her wallet, as she won't accept pay for her services.)

A relative who was cleaning out her closet since she has changed sizes gave me 2 nice pairs of pants and about 3 sweaters. - Nice wardrobe update for 0$.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Received 3 x $15 for Brand Institute Surveys that I recently completed. = $45 USD
    Survey Lion cheque came last week. (already redeemed a previous time for over $100) $39.00
    Redeemed Airmiles "dream miles" for $50 HBC gift card which I used to purchase a $99 crock pot, on sale one day only for 50% off making it free, aside from taxes
    Ordered 5 x 5 Amazon gift cards to add to my account $25.00 bringing my balance to $329.00 and still have 7500 Swagbucks to redeem.

Best of all....we booked our trip with the voucher that hubby won! So excited.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Just a small little things in my world:

Made $21.01 at Once Upon A Child selling the boys clothing(plus $7 through a private sale if the girl comes through).

Cashed out $10 GC from Stouffer's/Lean Cusine

Won A FPC Soda from McDonalds

Redeemed $20 in Indigo.ca E-GC's from Web Perspectives(have enough to do some Christmas shopping now--been saving since springtime)
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information