User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Colds

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I hate them, I really do.

I woke up on Saturday morning with a very sore throat & some stuffiness, and today I still feel completely knocked down.

I have had to force myself to eat something every day, but I only manage a very small meal once a day and that's it since Friday; that should have been my hint that I was coming down with something.

I'm having lots of tea (which equals lots of pee.. ugh), and my throat isn't so sore, but my nose is stuffed up & my sinuses ache.

I hate you Cold, you suck.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Something is definitely going around. Coworkers, family and friends are all coughing and sneezing.
    hollyquaiscer and barginb like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I had the cold about 2 weeks ago and managed to get a blocked up ear from it I kept on telling hubby I feel like a snot factory
    SavenRaven and barginb like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I was sick for a month... the worst bronchitis I've ever had. Whatever I had just attacked my lungs. The first doctor was pretty convinced pneumonia was starting. Two rounds of antibiotics and a chest x-ray. Then, just as I was beginning to get rid of it two weeks ago, I decided to carry boxes of cat litter in from the car in cold weather. Well, the exertion and the cold air resulted in a ten-minute coughing fit that did something to my ribs. Driving, reaching, yawning, coughing, and rolling over in bed have all been excruciating, and despite being given prescription anti-inflammatories, the pain hasn't let up much since. With everything I'm trying to get done in preparation for Christmas, I think I'm preventing things from healing properly.

I'm terrified of catching something else! Having to sneeze would just about do me in at this rate!
    hollyquaiscer and barginb like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I'm really thankful that I cold the flu shot this year. It's not going to protect me from getting a cold, but at least I won't get the flu. Supposedly this year the flu shot has been really effective. When you're feeling better you should consider getting it. Maybe it'll help ensure that you don't get sick again.
    Shwa Girl and barginb like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I know what you mean! My 2yr old DS had the worse fever all wknd(103 degrees)it was quite scary. Thank goodness the fever is gone. He still has the runny nose and a bit of a cough but nice to see him smiling again. DS's and I all got the flu shot but I am thankful he didnt get the vomitting part some people have been dealing with!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    I know what you mean! My 2yr old DS had the worse fever all wknd(103 degrees)it was quite scary. Thank goodness the fever is gone. He still has the runny nose and a bit of a cough but nice to see him smiling again. DS's and I all got the flu shot but I am thankful he didnt get the vomitting part some people have been dealing with!
    Kind of sounds like the flu and not just a cold.
    The flu has hit some places hard this year.
    In California, they closed down some elementary schools to contain the spread.

Glad he is doing better.
    barginb likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I'm really thankful that I cold the flu shot this year. It's not going to protect me from getting a cold, but at least I won't get the flu. Supposedly this year the flu shot has been really effective. When you're feeling better you should consider getting it. Maybe it'll help ensure that you don't get sick again.
    And a nasty cold makes it easier for that darn flu bug to slip into your system. When it is weakest.
    Glad they got the flu formula right this year.
    barginb likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hear ya! I am suffering with that now! Stuffy nose, thoart hurting, etc. It just wont leave me. I have been taking pills and drinking alot of tea. All you can do is just wait it out and let it go through your body naturally.
    Stifler and barginb like this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pills are my best friend!!!
    barginb likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I think this cold might finally be leaving... maybe..

Though now I have a wicked cough that brings up friends & neighbours.

Still can't really eat though so I'm at day 5.. great for the waistline though! lol (trying to see the bright side)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I think this cold might finally be leaving... maybe..

Though now I have a wicked cough that brings up friends & neighbours.

Still can't really eat though so I'm at day 5.. great for the waistline though! lol (trying to see the bright side)
    Sorry to hear this. Sounds like more than just a cold, when you said you can't eat. Sounds like the 'flu and another "friend" infecting by taking advantage of you being sick.
    Glad that you are being positive.
    Clear broths, herbal tea, water (hot if you can't stomach the tea), flat ginger ale. All these are probably in your SC stockpile.
    Take care.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Dec 12th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
    barginb likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

The eating isn't really that I don't want to, it's that I'm stuffy so it's just harder to eat lol

I'm drinking water & we have cases of G2 in the house that we pick up at Costco, so hydration is in check.

I also have secaris (my poor nose!) and I just love the stuff.

I'd have to be paid to drink herbal tea

Thanks for the suggestions though

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Man!

Stuffiness gave way to new fun, and my asthma went all wonky. I can't take my Advair because it gives me the shakes, and just taking my Ventolin doesn't cut it. The doc put me on Pulmicort turbuhaler and I have to take 8 doses a day (2 doses 4 times a day).

Once this clears up, I guess it's a flu shot for me.

Did I mention I have a thing about needles
    barginb likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you are so sick, complicated with your asthma, especially - as you know, so many others have been so sick as well.

Don't know what the *(#^$*&^ hit me, but I got sick Nov. 5 (just happen to know the date because I had to cancel a dentist appt. because I was so sick) - and it's still not gone. The mother of all colds - and that's 'all' it was, no flu-like symptoms. My voice still isn't back in full, I had laryngitis for at least two weeks. Never has a cold brought me down like this - still sneezing, but thank goodness the coughing is minimal now, and my throat is better. The coughing was horrid - all the cough syrup, tea with honey, lemon, etc. didn't seem to touch it.
    Best help was a cool mist humidifier - try that if you haven't.

Both son and husband were sick too, but more just like a regular cold.

barginb likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information