User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weed Man Services- The worst ever!! beware!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yep we too had problems with Weedman same thing to them asking for payment of services we never received as we never had a sign or anything done to our lawn i too just paid the bill instead of having to deal with the headache and i think that is why they do what they do cause of so many peeps like me that just pay to not have the headache and im sure they do it to the elderly too which is worse

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are not alone! Going through the exact same scenario with WeedMan Ottawa. I tried to resolve with BBB, but did not resolve it with BBB because I expect WeedMan has learned that BBB rankings of "F" seem to have little impact on their business. I refuse to pay the money like cdanjou did because of the principle. They now have me in collection. How I'm dealing with it:
    1. Letter to the editor of my local newspaper detailing the poor business practices
    2. Letter to HQ Turf Management Systems (thanks Wilt 661 for the address) to alert them of poor business practices
    3. Registered letter to WeedMan - requesting they cancel invoice and remove me from credit collection
    4. Contact Ministry of Government Services 1-800-889-9768 (www.Ontario.ca/consumer protection) and follow their advice (first step is to send registered letter to collection company telling them to stop contacting you, the invoice is in dispute, they should take you to court to resolve)
    5. If I still do not get results from this approach, I will open a complaint with Ministry of Government Services
    6. Note: the reason this company behaves this way is because they have been able to get away with it. People need to stand up to the principle. If you didn't order something, you don't need to pay for it.
    7. Note: WeedMan says they are a "continuous service" company and that is how they try to bully you into paying for services you didn't contract for (if a previous owner used them in the past, or if you used them in the past.) I have since discovered they do not keep very good records so they would likely not be able to prove in court that you ordered their services and that you signed anything that gives them permission to service your lawn and demand payment.
    8. My Facebook has alerted my friends not to deal with this company
    9. Now dealing with SpringMaster which has been so much better although if I ever intend not to deal with any company, I will ensure I send them a registered letter so I have a written proof of cancellation in future.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't want Weed Man for lawn care, but when I called the number for the place I DID want, I learned that Weed Man had bought it up.

So, I prepaid for a season of lawn care.

For the amount of money I paid, I did not find their service worthwhile.

They are "Weed" Man and my lawn still has weeds. When I called them about this, they came out again, but still my lawn has weeds.

Worst of all. I then got a bill for a service for which I PREPAID. I paid upfront.

Weed Man has called me several times, each time it's a different rep and each time the rep has no clue that I've been called by other Weed Man reps.

They say they want payment. I tell them I prepaid, the rep says "Oh." Then they tell me they'll look into what the charge is for and call me back.

They never call back.

A few days later -- another call.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just made this account so I could reply to all these negative comments. I am a Weed Man employee. I have worked in sales and I am now working as a customer service representative so I have seen many aspects to this company and I would like to clear a few things up. <o:p></o:p>
    1) Weed Man is a continuous service company. Now you would know this if you bothered to read your mail because it clearly states so on ever single invoice we send out. If you do not wish to continue services all we ask for is one single phone call to let us know and your services will be cancelled.<o:p></o:p>
    2) We do not physically measure your lawn without your consent. We do however measure your lawn through satellite technology and we have a lot of different houses on file. <o:p></o:p>
    3) You cannot expect us to know that you moved and want to cancel services if you don’t call us to tell us! We are not mind readers. You wouldn’t move without calling your TV, internet, or phone provider, would you? <o:p></o:p>
    4) Please do not order services and then deny that you ordered when you receive your bill. You will be sent to collections. We keep notes of every conversation on file. <o:p></o:p>
    5) If you aren’t completely satisfied with your services, call and let us know! I will say this again: we are not mind readers. We will come out and do FREE re-applications as many times as it takes to make you happy! <o:p></o:p>
    In conclusion we are a great company that does great things. All we ask for is some cooperation. If you order services with us , we are a team, and together your lawn will look amazing! <o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Weed Man Employee, I think between this thread and a simple google search, we all know everything in your post has been proved consistently incorrect.

People have been harassed here for half a decade for services they didn't order, I HIGHLY doubt that with this many people having harassment issues and constant calls that "one phonecall" will stop it.

While it may be true that it's unfair for a tenant to not cancel services when they move, why should the new people have to deal with it? It should automatically cease as soon as the company is informed that those people don't live there anymore.

And I very much doubt that people are ordering any services and denying they ordered them. I think your company dupes people and nothing more, it seems pretty evident with the consistency of the responses here and elsewhere online.

Sorry, just seems like a lot of saving face and lying, I trust SCers much more than I would somebody who's probably trying to mend the horrible reputation this company has built for itself.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Hi everyone,<o:p></o:p>
    I just made this account so I could reply to all these negative comments. I am a Weed Man employee. I have worked in sales and I am now working as a customer service representative so I have seen many aspects to this company and I would like to clear a few things up. <o:p></o:p>
    1) Weed Man is a continuous service company. Now you would know this if you bothered to read your mail because it clearly states so on ever single invoice we send out. If you do not wish to continue services all we ask for is one single phone call to let us know and your services will be cancelled.<o:p></o:p>
    2) We do not physically measure your lawn without your consent. We do however measure your lawn through satellite technology and we have a lot of different houses on file. <o:p></o:p>
    3) You cannot expect us to know that you moved and want to cancel services if you don’t call us to tell us! We are not mind readers. You wouldn’t move without calling your TV, internet, or phone provider, would you? <o:p></o:p>
    4) Please do not order services and then deny that you ordered when you receive your bill. You will be sent to collections. We keep notes of every conversation on file. <o:p></o:p>
    5) If you aren’t completely satisfied with your services, call and let us know! I will say this again: we are not mind readers. We will come out and do FREE re-applications as many times as it takes to make you happy! <o:p></o:p>
    In conclusion we are a great company that does great things. All we ask for is some cooperation. If you order services with us , we are a team, and together your lawn will look amazing! <o:p></o:p>
    I have to say... if I had any doubts before, this post pretty much sums up what kind of company you are.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In 2010 we hired the services of Weedman. We had everything done that they suggested, but our lawn still looks terrible. Last week I got a call from one of their technicians saying that I had ordered $239 of their services for 2011. I told him that we hadn't ordered anything and that we still had moss in the backyard from last year. He claimed that we hadn't had a lime treatment and that was the reason for the moss still being there. I asked him why they hadn't told us this, because everytime they would recommend doing something we would say yes. So I phoned the Weedman in Surrey, British Columbia who did all the work and I got a service rep by the name of Lila who was very rude. She told me that I did have the lime treatment and then asked if I had raked the dead moss after it died. I told her that nobody had told us to do that and she said that everbody knows that you have to rake it. I told her again that we wern't told about this and if we knew this much about lawn care why would we need them? By this time she is yelling into the phone and I asked her who her boss was. She told me that she was the boss and she didn't have to account to anyone. So, I thank the person who posted the address: Turf Management Systems Inc., 2399 Royal Windsor Drive, Mississauga, ON (905) 823-8550. Hopefully they can get these people to clean up their act.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely worth a BBB call if the manager cannot solve this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We hired the services of weedman in Surrey, B.C. The service rep there is Lila and she is a real pit bull. We hired them last year and our lawn still looks bad after we spent a lot of money. The head office is Turf Management Systems Inc., 2399 Royal Windsor Drive, Mississauga, ON 1-905-823-8550. The person to talk to is Tom Davies or e-mail him: [email protected]. In B.C. the Better Business Bureau website is: mbc.bbb.org. The only way to get through to these people is if we complain. One letter means that 100 people feel the same way.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting here everyone. Weedman just came to our door, in Kelowna BC, and thanks to the reviews here I decided not to go with their services. I didn't sign anything, and didn't agree to have services done, only that I would "think about it" so we will see if I start getting harassed too! I will let you know!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tell them you have beartraps in your yard?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I came home from work yesterday to find that my lawn had been aerated - this was a surprise, as I hadn't yet decided who I was going to hire for lawn maintenance this year. I had used Weed Man in 2010 and it was the worst service I ever experienced. My lawn was full of weeds all summer, and when I called to request their "weed removal service" which they promised they'd do by hand if needed, was given a royal run-around.

Well, didn't I have a $90 invoice in my mailbox for this aeration that I hadn't requested! When I called to inquire and express my surprise, I was told in no uncertain terms that "Weed Man is a continuous service company" and therefore you DID request the service. I corrected her, saying that I had called Weed Man last summer and told them to a) remove me from their contact list and b) never contact me again due to the poor service and lack of customer response.

I actually had to ARGUE with her and raise my voice for the better part of 10 minutes. At one point, she said she would "split the bill with me 50/50." WTF? Were they kidding me? Split me for an invoice for services I never requested? And from a company that I've vowed never to do business with again? What a joke.

Each of my comments was met with a "Yeah, but..." followed by a repeat of the fact that they are a continuous service company. When I asked to speak with the manager on duty, she told me she was it. REALLY??? It was by far the worst "customer service" conversation I've ever had. She told me that if I'd read their letter, I would know all of this - in other words, it's MY FAULT. Ha! I told her that I consider their "mail" to be junk and simply toss it, so they have no right to assume that I've recieved it, read it and agree with it.

After holding my ground and yelling some more, she finally said, "Well, seeing as you're not letting me respond to you, I will remove the amount due from your file."

STAY AWAY, PEOPLE!! Weed Man is a scam.
    Last edited by pjwcanada; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:49 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by goodbit View Post
    Thanks for posting here everyone. Weedman just came to our door, in Kelowna BC, and thanks to the reviews here I decided not to go with their services. I didn't sign anything, and didn't agree to have services done, only that I would "think about it" so we will see if I start getting harassed too! I will let you know!
    Hi Everyone,
    If you like to do yard work yourself, I don't think you need the Weedman and similar companies.

As soon as the garden centres open, some have "master gardeners" working on specific days. Just ask them what to do with your particular lawn and weed question. It's free.

At our Loblaws, they have a in person and online master garden program that starts when the garden centre opens. Obviously, the goal is to get you to buy stuff from Loblaws. But, once you know what to buy, you can look for the deals on lawn supplies, fertilizer, grass seed, soil etc., using the SC deals section.

I hope this helps.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Wow - good to know. Maybe they are the other type of weed - men? Just kidding!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beware of Weed Man, andbe informed of your rights in dealing with what is an unethical business. Despite that we have never ordered any services from this company or made any commitment, verbal, written or otherwise implied, to use their services, while we were away at work, Weed Man applied a moss control agent to the grass in our front yard and charged us $60. If you review complaints about Weed Man that are posted on websites across North America --- and there are many --- the recurring theme is that Weed Man sets up ‘appointments’ within the period that they describe as being "too late to cancel"and then proceeds with the service and bills the individual. Most people try to argue with the company and not surprisingly don’t get the problem resolved. Others are intimidated and pay, in the hope that the company will leave them alone. Others throw in the towel when the bill goes to collection for fear of damaging their credit rating. If this happens to you, there are several things that you need to know. In B.C., and this is true in other provinces, you have full protection against unsolicited goods and services in the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act under Unfair Practices. Under section 12 (1) “A consumer has no legal obligation in respect of unsolicited goods or services unless and until the consumer expressly acknowledges to the supplier in writing his or her intention to accept the goods or services.” In our case, we tried to explain this to the Weed Man sales person, but she simply yelled at me (great customer service) and told me that a phone message and an email to our home was a ‘contract.’ I asked if she could produce a contract with my signature or my wife’s. While she admitted she couldn’t, she said she didn’t need to. Dead wrong! My wife is a contracting expert with a major Canadian organization and knows the rules in detail. The reality is that even if the consumer doesn’t act on any of the ‘appointments,’ the supplier has no right to proceed with the service. Imagine if you were in a store, simply looked at a TV, talked to a salesperson but made no offer of purchase, and a few days later it was delivered to your home while you were at work and a bill stuck to the door. It couldn’t happen and Weed Man is about to learn again how wrong they are. The matter is now with Consumer Protection BC. An interesting footnote is that the Consumer Protection BC is well acquainted with Weed Man and uses a thinly veiled case called the Case of the Sneaky Serviceman and a fictional company called ‘Weed Pro.’ There are other options too. File a complaint with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, the Better Business Bureau, the media and even the local police since a fraudulent act has been committed. Also, use social media to spread the word and self-help websites. Weed Man clearly has a flawed business model that will ultimately see it fail. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information