User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weed Man Services- The worst ever!! beware!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Huge problems with Weedman here too. My parents had always used them when I was younger so I called them to deal with weeds in the lawn. I specifically said it was for weeds only, no need for fertilizing etc but they kept on trying to push the extras and it wasn't polite. The weeds never disappeared... they just kept up as they always had and in some varieties, better. Those stinging ones that look like dandelions? They flourished and I have two little ones. They keep calling etc and even with written notice keep slinking around until told to get moving. I DARE them to start charging me again .

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chickapey View Post
    Huge problems with Weedman here too. My parents had always used them when I was younger so I called them to deal with weeds in the lawn. I specifically said it was for weeds only, no need for fertilizing etc but they kept on trying to push the extras and it wasn't polite. The weeds never disappeared... they just kept up as they always had and in some varieties, better. Those stinging ones that look like dandelions? They flourished and I have two little ones. They keep calling etc and even with written notice keep slinking around until told to get moving. I DARE them to start charging me again .
    Maybe that is why they are called the WEEDMAN!!!! Sorry - bad joke
    GoddessDigi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i read the other posts and thought i would have a fight on my hands with weedman (Scarborough0 for unsolicited work this year just because we were customers last year. i told them we didn't agree to continuous service at whatever price so after a couple of conversations they gave us a very good price, dropped us from the continuous service so we'll decide year to year, and seemed very reasonable. i guess not all regions are run the same.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We used Weedman for several years. Last year when they called, my wife explained that we did not want their servicesc this coming year. During the conversation, she was trying to be polite and said yes to receiving some information about their new products. While she thought she was saying yes to receiving the information, he worded it as if she was saying yes to a service package. Ironically, this is the only part of the conversation that was recorded and kept by them. When we complained after someone came to do the first application of the package, they quickly played the only piece of the conversation that they kept. When I called them, they were willing to cancel the package but refused to cancel the first 161 dollar application. I tried to explain the issue and they would only state that they had a recorded confirmation. They also claim that they only kep a copy of the confirmation. They also claimed that they sent us a copy of the contract which we could have canceled. Obviously, we were not looking for a contract but the info package they were suppose to send. I ddo not intend to let this go and I will be contacting Consumer Protection about this. I just wanted to let others know about their new tactics in duping people into business they did not request. Anothe tip is if they ask you if it is okay to record for quality purposes, that is your cue to know that they next thing they will say is setting you up for confirmig a sale regardless of how you interpret it. Please beware of these people.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey nayr,

I had the same thing happen to me last week. I recently posted to this site after having Weed Man aerate my lawn and invoice me for the services, despite the fact that I hadn't requested their services AND told them last Fall to remove me from their contact list.

I filed a complaint with BBB and had it closed "successfully." Ha! Was called two days letter and had the same thing happen to me as your wife - they recorded only words from our lengthy conversation and spliced them together to make it sound as though as I had agreed to use their services again. Unbelievable. They even showed up at my home and fertilized my yard (and of course left another invoice), which infuriated me as I just had my lawn fertilized two days prior. I plan to hold them accountable for any damages resulting from two doses of fertilizer.

I hit the roof when I saw that they had returned and accessed my property. I'm not playing nicely this time. Stay tuned...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just wanted to update my situation. I was successful in getting Weed Man to cancel the invoice. It took me several days and several calls per day following up with them until I got it escalated to someone that would do something about this situation. Eventhough it took alot of time, i finaly got someone there to do the right thing.

The best advice that I can give here is if you are not interested in their services, do not get into a conversation with their sales people. If you do start talking with them, the cue that you are being set up for their services is when the sales person says "For quality purposes, can I record this part of the conversation" or something similar. It is unfortunate as we were very good paying customers for them in the past. My wife will never give them a second chance.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The identical thing has/is happening to me in Courtenay BC. I asked for a few things to be done to my lawn in 2010 and was specific that THAT WAS ALL that I wanted. I sold the house, moved to Victoria and then find that they are billing me for work done on the property that i don't own for $500+ and for services that i didn't order. Their position is that they are a 'continuous services company' and equate themselves to BC Hydro or Telus in terms of I must let them know when i no longer want them to do work, some self created job security system. They phoned me repeatedly for services which i refused and I even told them on the phone that the house was sold and i would not be living there and still they came on the property without permission, performed unauthorized work, and then billed me for it, which of course i didn't receive until 6 months later as i am in a different city!! These guys are crooks. They won't even give an address on their website to contact. the Manager in Vancouver will not give me her last name (Lila is her first). She was rude, would not even listen to my complaint, yelled, disgusting customer service. They are not accredited with BBB and i am reporting them, along with sending a lawyer's letter to them. They want to send ME to collections. I dare them... they won't know what hit them. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY OR YOU HAVE THEM FOR LIFE!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry, you could STILL get a bill from them for even talking to them!!! "might" means you ordered it in Weed Man language...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread, while very interesting to me, is pretty old now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

UUGHHH i hate them! Had the same prob with my in-laws and my grandma. I have heard sooo many stories about them doing work no requested! My grandmother had another company come and spray the lawn, then weed man came the next day and sprayed it again EVEN THOUGH THE OTHER COMPANIES SIGN WAS ON THE LAWN saying that it had been sprayed the day before. Who does that?? i mean they didnt think hey maybe we should go ask her why this sign is here? She didnt renew with them, my uncle actually spefically told them not to come. I had to call and argue with them for months cause they wanted us to pay for that day that they sprayed. LOL
    They also have the worst customer service EVER! they are always in the wrong and refuse to admit it!
    WARNING: They love to try and take advantage of the elderly or of people who dont speak great english!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

They also always "record" the conversations, but only the parts they want/need to try and screw you!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just finished dealing with those "professionals" seen 0 results with my weeds in opposite just got more. All while they still promise me on the phone that 80% of the weeds will gone it is a guarantee.

Here is my post about it, I have a picture of my lawn, technician recommendation and audio recording with their guarantee.

Never ever again! 0 results, 0 customer service!

Weedman scarborough review: Total Scam

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Hi everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just made this account so I could reply to all these negative comments. I am a Weed Man employee. I have worked in sales and I am now working as a customer service representative so I have seen many aspects to this company and I would like to clear a few things up. <o:p></o:p>
    1) Weed Man is a continuous service company. Now you would know this if you bothered to read your mail because it clearly states so on ever single invoice we send out. If you do not wish to continue services all we ask for is one single phone call to let us know and your services will be cancelled.<o:p></o:p>
    2) We do not physically measure your lawn without your consent. We do however measure your lawn through satellite technology and we have a lot of different houses on file. <o:p></o:p>
    3) You cannot expect us to know that you moved and want to cancel services if you don’t call us to tell us! We are not mind readers. You wouldn’t move without calling your TV, internet, or phone provider, would you? <o:p></o:p>
    4) Please do not order services and then deny that you ordered when you receive your bill. You will be sent to collections. We keep notes of every conversation on file. <o:p></o:p>
    5) If you aren’t completely satisfied with your services, call and let us know! I will say this again: we are not mind readers. We will come out and do FREE re-applications as many times as it takes to make you happy! <o:p></o:p>
    In conclusion we are a great company that does great things. All we ask for is some cooperation. If you order services with us , we are a team, and together your lawn will look amazing! <o:p></o:p>
    1. I told the salesboy (after I had regrettably given him my name and address) that I wanted to talk to my wife before purchasing their service. I clearly told him that I wanted Weed Man to call me prior to doing anything to my lawn. I did not receive a call, but an email, which I immediately responded to and cancelled the service. Weed Man still came and serviced my lawn (without my knowledge, since no signs were put up or notice left for me anywhere). The only way I knew my lawn had been serviced was by the bill I received. I called in and was transferred to a manager who was extremely rude. She said that they had tapped the conversation and had proof that I agreed to the service. Her attitude is what made me angry, and I went out of my way to have my email retrieved from my Outlook server. I sent her the email I had sent which I clearly stated that I did not want anyone coming to my lawn. After she put me on hold for about 20 minutes, she came back to the phone and said we would not have to pay. She remained extremely rude throughout the process till the very end, and did not offer a word of apology.

Stay away from Weed Man. My experience, along with the countless others online would agree.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love weed man
    Last edited by Smarten Up; Thu, Apr 26th, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Hi everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just made this account so I could reply to all these negative comments. I am a Weed Man employee. I have worked in sales and I am now working as a customer service representative so I have seen many aspects to this company and I would like to clear a few things up. <o:p></o:p>
    1) Weed Man is a continuous service company. Now you would know this if you bothered to read your mail because it clearly states so on ever single invoice we send out. If you do not wish to continue services all we ask for is one single phone call to let us know and your services will be cancelled.<o:p></o:p>
    2) We do not physically measure your lawn without your consent. We do however measure your lawn through satellite technology and we have a lot of different houses on file. <o:p></o:p>
    3) You cannot expect us to know that you moved and want to cancel services if you don’t call us to tell us! We are not mind readers. You wouldn’t move without calling your TV, internet, or phone provider, would you? <o:p></o:p>
    4) Please do not order services and then deny that you ordered when you receive your bill. You will be sent to collections. We keep notes of every conversation on file. <o:p></o:p>
    5) If you aren’t completely satisfied with your services, call and let us know! I will say this again: we are not mind readers. We will come out and do FREE re-applications as many times as it takes to make you happy! <o:p></o:p>
    In conclusion we are a great company that does great things. All we ask for is some cooperation. If you order services with us , we are a team, and together your lawn will look amazing! <o:p></o:p>
    This information is blatantly incorrect. My mother has used Weed Man and they caused the destruction of her lawn. Last year, it started when she received service and an invoice from Weed Man when she had told them that she may not be going ahead with their services. After she called them, they cancelled the bill and gave her a discount so she did end up signing up with them for the year, which turned out to be a big mistake. Her lawn ended up getting cinch bugs and grubs. Weed Man claims that they came out and did an application to control them which cost my mom a significant amount of money and did absolutely nothing to the infestation of the lawn. When she called them regarding this, they blamed HER for not calling them back - but one of their technicians had returned to fertilize and didn't recommend that her lawn be retreated (one would assume they would know the signs of an infestation when they see one). Fast forward to this year, her lawn was in pieces all over the place from being ripped up by crows eating the grubs. She has just paid over $1,500 to have her entire front lawn replaced. AFAIC, that fee should be partially reimbursed by Weed Man.

They did have the audacity to call her and ask if she wanted them to look after her lawn again this year. Her response - "what lawn?".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information