User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weed Man Services- The worst ever!! beware!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CONCLUSION: Dishonest, unreliable company providing below average Customer Service. Read online reviews before signing contracts with any company to get an idea. Btw, I just realized Weed rhyme with Greed and both should be treated professionally.

I was busy this year so I decided to hire pro to take care of my dandelion weeds infested lawn. I paid everything in full ($286~). Boy I made huge mistake, I should have checked online for their reviews first and hire someone with good reputation.

First application of fertilizer, it was quick, and then I had to call in twice to rush service for weed application since weed was growing rapidly (thinking once grown, pollen will help multiply them quickly). The day they were suppose to come for a first weed application, I did not see lawn sign nor any envelope literature left like it was when fertilizer was applied. When I called customer service said guy came over and applied it already, gave me Service guy’s name etc and said yes sometimes they don’t leave paper work because they ran out of it or something. I asked how I would know it’s done or not so finally She agreed to send manager to inspect my lawn for weed application. 4 days later when I called, guy name Surren said they can reapply for free when I asked repeatedly I am only interested to know what is the result of manager's inspection after asking few times, he told me manager found out weed application was not applied, and now they can reapply no charge. He said summer students some time miss the lawn and apply to someone else’s lawn. I complained why didn't anyone call me and tell me the truth he had no answer but he decided to credit me for the service and booked reapplication.

2 days later I decided not to do any business with such company so I called to cancel and got Keisha. She told me I will be charged for Fertilizer (which is fair I did get the application) and weed application (which I never got), and rest of the money will be refunded ($165). Both Keisha and manager Brian denied there is such a note on the account specifying weed application was not done so they cannot credit me for the weed application service. Instead both recommended me to get free reapplication since I am already paying for it, and won’t get my money back for weed application. I agreed but next day I called again and decided not to receive so called free application. I spoke to a GENTLEMAN named Shane who was extremely polite and honest employee. He said there is a note on the account by the Tech who inspected my property that weed application was NOT done; only ONE Fertilizer application was ever done, which is what I have been telling them. He tried to save me and offered me good service but I decided not to do any business with such a low level unethical company.

I understand and have dealt with Customer Service reps who really should not be in that business but 3 people ripping you off for $60 odd dollar is beyond my understanding. Whole reason I signed with them to have no worries but I was making ph calls just to remind them and baby-sit if they do their Job or not. Shane agreed to refund my $ minus the first fertilizer application which is fair since I never wanted to get full credit. After reading horror stories online, I wanted to make sure they don’t charge me next year and come to my property ever again. He took me off the list. Still waiting for his call to confirm Cancellation is done as he was nice enough to realize I had death in the family and why I had to go through this horrible service. I think they should have more people like Shane to save the company from losing customers.

I told Keisha, Brian that I had death in the family why should I be dealing with this crap but they did not budge. I was not being unreasonable; just refund for services I did not receive.
    Last edited by daZzL3R; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been a Weed Man customer for a long time in Scarborough and also after I moved to Ajax.
    I have been very pleased with my lawn and any time I called the office I received great customer service.
    When I recently called and spoke to Donna and she was very pleasant and helpful and even sent a supervisor to my lawn the next day to check for insects.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Scarb View Post
    I have been a Weed Man customer for a long time in Scarborough and also after I moved to Ajax.
    I have been very pleased with my lawn and any time I called the office I received great customer service.
    When I recently called and spoke to Donna and she was very pleasant and helpful and even sent a supervisor to my lawn the next day to check for insects.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    She sent someone to check for insects on your lawn? ..right..

How do you keep insects off of your property?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Updates to my May 1, 2012 ordeal with Weed Man:
    =================================

Before submitting my review, I also sent a message to Weed Man Scarborough Manager "Steve”. Coincidently Right after my original review was posted on May 2 on "the other review website", several positive reviews popped up with the “thank you” responses from Weed Man on that "other review website". Funny how they are quick to thank happy customers (assume they’re real customers), and ignore genuine complaints.

After 3 days of not receiving call from Shane, I called and guess who I got? Saran, who recognized me, confirmed "Note on the account". He told me I am just being credited $165 and NOT $229 as Shane promised I would. Again he went back and forth with his manager and said they can do WEED Reapply for free and only $165 credit. Oh God, how many times I have to tell them NO, I DON'T want any service anymore and give me my money back for services I DID NOT receive. I felt bad for Saran who was nice but had to be on the front line for company like Weed Man. FINALLY, he spoke to manager again to get me my credit. I told him I am recording the whole conversation and I called back again and Sparkle told me credit is in process.
    I even emailed Manager Scarborough "Steve" left my phone# but after 5 business day he has yet to return my call. I guess they know what people think of them. I now realize why people become rude with door-to-door salesperson. I am sure people do that because must have been through Hell with Weed Man OR companies alike. Just so you all know, during this whole ordeal with WEED MAN, I was NOT rude, didn't lost temper, swear, OR yelled at any Call Center Rep. I understand most of them are hard working people just trying to do their Job. If they don’t have authority, they cannot provide real customer service when they see a need.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a feeling Heather works for weed man. ???

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cdanjou--Are you sure you had to pay . Ask the BBB about the ruling that the Cable companies lost several years ago where they would bill you for a new service if you did not actully say that you did not want it. Now they cannot do this so called negative billing and you have to say you want the service.
    Last edited by nwf1946; Wed, Jun 20th, 2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: puy name of person replying to

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information