User Tag List

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I have listed a very high end android phone on kijiji for sale and omg the lowballers!!!!! There's billions of them!
    To be honest, I don't really blame them. If I were in the market for a high-end phone, I'd be getting it steeply discounted or free at the retailer for signing a contract, wouldn't pay anything near full price in either case.
    millak likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Textbooks-if I manage to afford continuing education courses again, I will endeavour to get books used or loaned from someone else who took the courses.

Outdated books-double-check that there is no used bookstore value for them before having a shredfest or bonfire. While textbooks are handy for elevating monitors, the books otherwise take up space unless you are actively using them to keep your content retention level high.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

It's SO hard to find used books. The past few semesters I have managed to get some used (this year I bought them all new except for one!), but it affects my grades if I can't find the books until a month into the semester. You can borrow them from the library but they let people check them out for the entire semester, so the rest of us can't get access to them.

Even our bookstore won't buy back outdated books. They want us to donate them, but it's kind of hard to when I paid $200 for a book that didn't even help me out in my course.
    millak likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sold dress and shoes for my daughter-in-law and a purse for my daughter -no money for me -but for them -oh well-i drove to this ladies house today -it was cold and she had a new infant -didnt waste gas as i picked up my moms pills the lady was around the corner from the pharmacy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I emailed the guy that bought my old couch as it is still in my livingroom! It has been 1 week since he was supposed to pick it up! Figured I was safe to do that as he gave me the full money for it! I put right in his "Bill of sale" that couch would be picked up Wednesday or Thursday (with the actual date), so I'm sure I'll be safe to sell it again if he doesn't pick it up (I don't think I could do that though). It's getting to the point where if he doesn't pick it up before my father gets home again from work, I'll get my father to deliver it to him (for an extra fee of course). I have a new (well to me) couch in my kitchen waiting to be moved in to the livingroom, but it can't until this couch is gone! The new couch is blocking my china cabinet and I need to get in it as I need to get my DD's birth certificate.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I saw a totally water damaged singer sewing machine stand with none of the hardware or machine for "make me an offer"... I offered $20, he counters with $25, and now it sounds like he wants more because "you could offer a little more" was in his last email... how do you deal with a guy like that?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@iggy-Since he did not accept your offer, counter with a lower offer (if still interested) and say it's your last offer.

@xoxo-the cost of textbooks is a $$$ pain in the wallet. I can see your point about wanting some recovery of the $200...I noticed that some student unions have a buy/sell place on the SU websites so students can post their items or wanted items. Re:signing out books-unless there was an older edition out for regular circulation, the college I went to kept the few new edition texts behind the circ. desk for hourly use in-library-only. I've often wondered how semester-long loans of books can be arranged!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Jan 17th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
    xox2010 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by smurf8488 View Post
    i have baught and sold on kijiji alot over the last couple years used it to get the money i needed to move into a new apartment but the weirdest request i had i was selling a few peices of langerie that came in a grab bag i baught isted for $20.. i had a guy ask me if he could pay me in ravioli intead of cash as he didnt want to leave a paper trail for his wife to find out he was getting it for his mistress... i laughed told hm cash only and he actually kept trying to convince me oh but it equals to $20 still i can do 20 cans...needless to say i sold elsewhere but it was a good laugh
    That's the funniest and strangest thing I've ever heard.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I've finally run into some bad luck... not on kijiji, but on swap sites on FB. I've had a box of almost 70K-Cups for sale for $30 for over a week... huge line up of people that want them but not one has come for pick up!!! I'm now on about the 5th person Ugh! I just want my monies!!! LOL
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well made 20.00 for my mom on some of her clothing (only worn once) 10.00 for me on a juicer-5.00 for my daughter for a dress=35.00 not bad for one day-of course some are wasting my time again -i can come -nope sorry later -then not showing up at all

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Boy are some people on Kijiji ever stupid. I don't use that word lightly, ever.

I made a post saying I was selling something for "best offer."

Either I get messages with really ridiculous offers like $5 (and expecting me to travel an hour out of my way to deliver it), or I get messages with the single phrase "do you still have this available?" With no offer.

What part of "best offer" don't you understand? Then when I start making an offer they reply saying "that's too much." Period. No counter offer.

Well if you don't like it, how about you MAKE an offer?

I thought writing best offer would make this item go quickly because I really don't want it anymore. But clearly, people are really dumb and don't know a bargain when they see one or have never purchased anything in their life

I would chalk it off to a bad apple if this was a one off, but I have had basically identical replies from seven different idiots
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
    millak and beecameron like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I get that all the time, asking if still available and then nothing. Or I get the people who make an offer I reply back and then nothing. I do find it too much of a coincidence that the same item can get a similar email only hours or the next day with similiar or identical offer from a different email addy. I figure it is someone trying to get it cheaper than the first time they asked.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Boy are some people on Kijiji ever stupid. I don't use that word lightly, ever.

I made a post saying I was selling something for "best offer."

Either I get messages with really ridiculous offers like $5 (and expecting me to travel an hour out of my way to deliver it), or I get messages with the single phrase "do you still have this available?" With no offer.

What part of "best offer" don't you understand? Then when I start making an offer they reply saying "that's too much." Period. No counter offer.

Well if you don't like it, how about you MAKE an offer?

I thought writing best offer would make this item go quickly because I really don't want it anymore. But clearly, people are really dumb and don't know a bargain when they see one or have never purchased anything in their life

I would chalk it off to a bad apple if this was a one off, but I have had basically identical replies from seven different idiots
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

But the frustrating part is that they aren't even making offers! I would take anything, just to get rid of this $40, unused item lol. But it hasn't dawned on anyone that they need to make an offer!

Just got one from a person who sounds sane: I wrote on the listing that I am able to meet on the subway (Toronto downtown). Got a message (with no offer!!!) saying they are willing to meet in Mississauga. Well, I don't have a car, and I wrote that I can only meet on the subway... And where is your offer?

My "Best offer" seems to be to throw it away and save myself the aggravation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    I get that all the time, asking if still available and then nothing. Or I get the people who make an offer I reply back and then nothing. I do find it too much of a coincidence that the same item can get a similar email only hours or the next day with similiar or identical offer from a different email addy. I figure it is someone trying to get it cheaper than the first time they asked.
    millak likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Oh wow, good old Kijiji! In 2011 my husband and I sold at least $5000 worth of stuff, people were great, no problems at all. Then more recently, I seem to have a lot of time wasters and people asking for delivery because they are "disabled and have no transport." I usually oblige, then show up to find 3 or 4 cars in their driveway, and they seem perfectly healthy when they come to the door. I never give out my number or address until a deal is made, have only had a few no shows. I actually try to meet at a Tim Hortons to avoid people coming in our house. I agree, the people that email and ask if its still available, (when it says in the ad "if you see this ad, it's available"), drive me nuts, and I don't think I have EVER had a return email from them when you let them know you still have it...why do they bother asking?? Keep the kijiji stories coming, have really enjoyed this thread!
    Granger, PammieD and millak like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

No matter what you write in the ad you will always get stupid questions. I just keep listing items in hopes that a "normal, sane" person will reply to my ad and it goes well. Somedays I don't think it's worth the aggrevation and I should just donate everything but the 10 or 20 dollars here and there really helps out. Having chocolate on hand helps with the dumb emails.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information