User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Call from Microsoft Support Centre-suggestions/Advice-URGENT

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I got a weird call yesterday from a male supposedly from Microsoft support centre. He wanted my permission to fix an error on our laptop saying it's proned to virus etc..says we should have seen notices that PC is no longer protected etc. I took his name & number.. He gave me a local #( in Ohio) & not a 1 800 # ..i told him i wouldn't but will have my hubby call, he then wanted to know when my husband would call & I told him I don't know..I asked him for his personal tel #(since everyone these days seem to have a cell) but he says to call the bus # & they can confirm he works there( for all I care that could be any Jo schmo co)...that made me suspicious & I felt it was odd to get such call..may be a hacker etc???? Red s !!!!!!Anyone ever got such call??? What do you make of this for all those who may have experience with PC repairs etc ???
    thanks in advance for all replies.
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft
    Last edited by Shirnette; Tue, Feb 4th, 2014 at 08:20 AM.
    madchives and mulock like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No, don't do it! They are phishing - they want to get access to your computer, then they can remotely access it for their own dastardly ends...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a total scam. They are thieves, nothing more.
    Mia, Shirnette and trishka like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a known scam. No one EVER would call you out of the blue saying your computer has issues. As Natalka says, if they get your co-operation they will have you install remote access software (something like TeamViewer) which will allow them full control and access of your computer whenever they want it.
    Shirnette and trishka like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You did the right thing by telling them you'd need to check. Like everyone has said, it's a scam and they're looking for access to your computer. Once they have access, you're done. Do not call them back and if they call again, flat out tell them no, everything is fine with your computer and if they keep pushing, hang up.
    Shirnette likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Next time tell them your husband works for Microsoft in the same department. HAHA

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Had that call twice, waiting for a third time as I want to mess with them and tell them that for legal purposes all calls are being monitored and recorded due to a criminal investigation and see how quickly they hang up.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Had that call twice, waiting for a third time as I want to mess with them and tell them that for legal purposes all calls are being monitored and recorded due to a criminal investigation and see how quickly they hang up.
    I get thesr calls regularly. I sometimes say i have a mac or dont have a computer at all. These people are scammers.
    Im gonna use this^ next time they call. Haha

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    lilo0003, Shirnette and Neeenerz like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love messing with these guys. They don't call me anymore though
    I put these guys right up there with the duct cleaners.
    lilo0003 and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Pond scum is what they are, I have not had a call since I told them I worked in IT security for a very large IT security company...lol. that would big fat lie. When the Duct companies call DH tells them we have geese.
    GoJays, toban, super807 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I love messing with these guys. They don't call me anymore though
    I put these guys right up there with the duct cleaners.
    Me too! I love seeing how long I can keep them on the phone before they realize that the reason I can't find anything they're talking about is because I have a Mac.
    GoJays, lilo0003 and Shirnette like this.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Pond scum is what they are, I have not had a call since I told them I worked in IT security for a very large IT security company...lol. that would big fat lie. When the Duct companies call DH tells them we have geese.
    D'ya think our DHs related? Mine tells them that we have chickens!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ginger150 View Post
    Me too! I love seeing how long I can keep them on the phone before they realize that the reason I can't find anything they're talking about is because I have a Mac.
    I'll play a game or something while they're telling me to click this and type that. When they ask me what I see on my screen I ask them "Well, what am I supposed to be seeing on the screen?.... Oh yeah, that's what I see." lmao
    lilo0003 and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

long time ago i got a mail wondering if i was dead or not,,,,
    this is somewhat like it
    ie spam

ARE YOU DEAD OR ALIVE? GET BACK TO US
    Reply-To: <[email protected]>
    Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 21:40:52 +0100
    Subject: ARE YOU DEAD OR ALIVE? GET BACK TO US

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY
    CONTRACT PAYMENT COMMITTEE
    GARKI ZONAL OFFICE, ABUJA
    Motto: Clearing All Nigerian
    Government Debts

Attention,

PAYMENT OF CONTRACT / INHERITANCE AMOUNT US$20 MILLION IN FAVOUR OF CONTRACT / INHERITANCE NUMBER: MOD/CPD/4286/83:

The payment of your contract above here refers.

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your payment, which before now, has been handled, by the Central Bank of Nigeria, and other officials has been taken over by the Foreign Operations arm of the Presidency.

We deemed it expedient to bring this to your notice and warn that you desist from further contact with the Central Bank of Nigeria and any other person (s) you have been dealing with over your payment.

Doing so will be detrimental to the successful execution of your payment as the Federal Government of Nigeria will not be held liable for any loss of money by you through non-adherence of this instruction by you.

You are hereby assured that your funds will be released without further impediment as we solicit your adherence to our instructions. Your contract / inheritance payment will be transferred through the Federal Government correspondence bank here in Nigeria and you are only required to carry out fresh approvals; some proper filling and application before your payment would be transferred.

However, we received an email from one Mr. Robert who told us that he is your Next of Kin? That you died in a car accident a couple of weeks ago He has also submitted all the Documents and his Banking information to the Bank for the fund transfer. But the Bank wants to hear from us before they make the transfer into his Bank Account to confirm if you are dead or not

Because of that the Presidency has assigned you a legal counsel Barrister Chijioke Chidi Associates & Solicitors Please Contact

Barrister Chidi Chijioke Associates & Solicitors
    Email: [email protected]
    Tell line 0092347061147951
    Fax line 00927865747029

We will not entertain any other lawyer or person except our approved legal counsel Barrister Chidi Chijioke

Forward the following information to Barrister Chidi Chijioke for confirmation.

Your Full Name
    Your Address
    Your Cell Phone Number
    Fax Line Number
    A Copy Of Your International Passport Or Id.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Best regards,
    Mr. Ahmed Bunu
    hoping when i am dead that i can get back to them
    gee and some others
    if you have some spare time

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received the same call 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I was about to call Police as every question the were asking was weird / I have even saved their phone number to give it to the Police.
    Shirnette likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information