User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Surfing the Internet is DEFINATELY for the Dogs!!!

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This brag probably won’t help many of you out there reading this … but it did help out my little 6 pound Yorkie out today!!! He was rescue off of Kijiji from a monster of a person 4 years ago. His name is now Ringo because I think he’s a Starr. When I first got him he went through a brutal and very expensive surgery to have 10 teeth extracted due to severe gum infections from total neglect and abuse from the previous owner, including not having any shots or vaccinations!

In fact when I got him into see the vet his back molars were so badly infected, they were abscessing through to his skin under his eyes, making it hard for him to even see. It was so pitiful!!! After surgery for both for 10 teeth extractions and skin infections, my Vet recommended a certain gel to put on his teeth nightly along with brushing his teeth on a regular basis which I have been doing ever since.

http://www.amazon.ca/Biotene-Oratene-Antiseptic-Oral-Gel/dp/B000BIVDXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393909023&sr=8-1&keywords=Oratene+Antiseptic+Oral
    http://www.amazon.ca/Biotene-BV10400-V-Oratene-Drinking-Additive/dp/B002B8O23K/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MM632Y4G7 75QCTACAW6

Well trying to keep this story short (which I'm not doing a good job of! lol) …. here I was paying $25.00 a tube for this gel at the Vets until they stopped carrying it. Then I was buying it off Amazon.ca for $26.29 a tube. Then 2 weeks ago I started surfing the internet. Apparently the same supplier to Amazon.ca (which I located in the US) was actually selling the same Gel for $7.99 a tube minus a 10% dental rebate!!! I bought 10 tubes for $7.99 minus rebate, plus the water additive which was the most expensive item on the invoice for 17.99 minus rebate (retails on amazon.ca for $39.70) and only paid 19.99 shipping via UPS with tracking, did not pay customs, duty or Canada Post COD charges on the entire order!!!

If I would have bought this on Amazon.ca I would have paid $341.94 and instead I only paid $108.09 CAD. All this to say ... it PAYS to surf the internet, especially when it comes to those YOU truly love!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
    10 IWM020836 - Oratene Antiseptic Oral Gel (1 oz) 79.90
    1 OVDWA8 - Oratene Drinking Water Additives (8 oz) 17.99
    1 KWMPM - - -9.79
    Sub-Total: 88.10
    Tax: 0.00
    Shipping & Handling: 19.99
    TOTAL: 108.09
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Canada Post, Via Rail
    Last edited by Snow In Summer; Thu, Sep 29th, 2016 at 09:58 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great brag, not only about your savings, but rescuing Ringo from such an abusive person!!! I will never understand how people can be so cruel to animals...love your picture!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-great brag and so kind of you -we took 2 dogs in our time from people who didn't want them -last dog was treated bad too

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

He is adorable! I'm glad you were able to find this at such a good price for him!!!!!! We rescued both our dogs from abusive situations and although it has been a long road to help them trust again, it has been completely worth it!
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love anyone that has rescued an animal from abuse or neglect. Thank you for that.

Awesome savings as well. It pays to surf for sure.

Ringo is a cutie.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Awesome deal! What a little cutie!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

There is a show that Bikers goes and rescues animals and we all should have peoples like that in each town to scare those abusers and kik their a+= . That is all I have to say about those STYPID PEOPLE. Some times I feel like we should be like Wonder Women and every time we know about one of those Stupid people, we will just take care of the situation and show them what abusing does to those little furry babys. Also for children and older people abusers and fot that matter any king of abusers. That is one subject that really make's me angry because I can just imagine what they went trough. Wen I hear of any kind of abuse, I become 7 feet tall, 300 pounds and I want to beat them all.

OK now. That is a great brag even though we dont like to hear of any kind of abuse. Your little furry Baby look's good and happy and that is all it matters. Now he will for sure have a nice life. I thing from reading post that most of us are animals lovers and have rescue some animals so, yes it is nice to hear about a good ending. Thank you so much for sharing and you 2 will have a great life together......................
    Last edited by ticul; Wed, Mar 5th, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

awww your pup is clearly one happy doggie! cute pic

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    142 (100%)

Your dog is a cutie-patootie Kudos to you for rescuing the dog, and for doing it with great savings to boot!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ringo was just about the most fortunate pup to have been scooped up by you and not only rescued but treated with the utmost best of care for the rest of his life ( I know you feed him like a Prince too! lol ) His wee life started out badly, but now he has you to snuggle with safely for the remainder. Way to go SnowInSummer!!

Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Mar 4th, 2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: picture disappeared

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I'm so happy you were able to find such a great deal!!!

And btw, my dad talked about Ringo the other day. Lol, dads in love still.
    Last edited by Frugal Lisa; Tue, Mar 4th, 2014 at 11:54 AM.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thank You everyone, for all of your kind words. It has been a very long road but I finally do have a happy & healthy little boy again! His teeth are in excellent shape now. He’s all updated on his vaccinations. He was severely underweight, due to having a pancreas problem. He’s gained 1- 1/2 pounds and at healthy weight now. We almost lost him 3 years ago after having a pancreas attack. So no more dry or canned dog food which was making him sick. He eats better than I do! lol Chicken breast, potatoes and baby peas are on the menu with the occasional sardine or boiled egg. In return I get unconditional love everyday, along with big slurpee kisses every morning. What more could I ask for!!!

Name:  m_Ringo.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  22.3 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good brag, and nice pics of two cuties (you and Ringo!)
    Snow In Summer, BC Gal and ticul like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I forgot to mention which website I bought this off of for all of you cat and dog owners!!!

http://www.entirelypets.com/
    BC Gal likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for sharing Ringo's story and the website. He is one lucky dog to have you adopt him. Looks like a sweet boy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information