User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:39 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Pilot's thoughts on MH370...Fire disabled plane.

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN - almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.

Loaded 777 departs midnight from Kuala to Beijing. Hot night. Heavy aircraft. About an hour out across the gulf towards Vietnam the plane goes dark meaning the transponder goes off and secondary radar tracking goes off.

Two days later we hear of reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar meaning the plane is being tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the straits of Malacca.

When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and I searched for airports in proximity to the track towards southwest.

The left turn is the key here. This was a very experienced senior Captain with 18,000 hours. Maybe some of the younger pilots interviewed on CNN didn't pick up on this left turn. We old pilots were always drilled to always know the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us and airports ahead of us. Always in our head. Always. Because if something happens you don't want to be thinking what are you going to do - you already know what you are going to do. Instinctively when I saw that left turn with a direct heading I knew he was heading for an airport. Actually he was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi a 13,000 foot strip with an approach over water at night with no obstacles. He did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000 foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier towards Langkawi and also a shorter distance.

Take a look on Google Earth at this airport. This pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make that immediate turn back to the closest safe airport.
    For me the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense if a fire. There was most likely a fire or electrical fire. In the case of fire the first response if to pull all the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one.
    If they pulled the busses the plane indeed would go silent. It was probably a serious event and they simply were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, Navigate and lastly communicate. There are two types of fires. Electrical might not be as fast and furious and there might or might not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility given the timeline that perhaps there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires and it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes this happens with underinflated tires. Remember heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. A tire fire once going would produce horrific incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks but this is a no no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter but this will only last for a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one of my own in a flight bag and I still carry one in my briefcase today when I fly).

What I think happened is that they were overcome by smoke and the plane just continued on the heading probably on George (autopilot) until either fuel exhaustion or fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. I said four days ago you will find it along that route - looking elsewhere was pointless.

Insane likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Sounds like we ate getting there slowly but surely. Unfortunately god the families the money will do nothing to answrr the questions around if or how their relatives died. Im sure many are still hopibg and praying to see them again. A verytragic and sad story.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Angela273 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:21 AM.
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Really liked this article discussing all the different theories.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/19/us/mal...ml?hpt=bosread
    Anna Michele likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I'm beginning to think they won't. I think it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere. Maybe 6months to a year from now, wreckage will wash up on shore somewhere. Those poor families though. Not knowing would be awful.
    princessjen, Natalka and Angela273 like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

This is not good
    Malaysia's Prime Minister has mad a statement and have confirmed the plane went down in the Indian Ocean. The families have been notified and he asked that they are given privacy at this time. More extensive details will be released in the coming days.
    Natalka and lecale like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

here is the link
    lecale likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysi...84000?cmp=fbtl

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 "ended" in the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak says.
    Razak said searchers used a new form of data analysis — never used before in a search for a missing plane — to determine the plane was lost in a remote area of the Indian Ocean west of Perth, Australia.
    “It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that according to this new data that the flight of MH370 ended in the Indian Ocean,” Razak said.
    Malaysian authorities briefed family members before Razak’s comments. At the podium, Razak said he understood the search has been “heartbreaking” for the families.
    “I know this news must be harder still,” he said.
    Razak urged the media to respect the privacy of grieving families.
    Another news conference is set to be held tomorrow.
    More to come
    lecale likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

this was the search that led to the conclusion
    lecale likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

RELATED NEWS

they are not taking any chances after this unfortunate situation
    Global News

2 hrs ·

A Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul has made an emergency landing in Hong Kong after a generator failed.
    Hong Kong’s airport says firefighters were put on standby for the arrival of the Airbus A330-300, which landed without incident just before 3 a.m. on Monday.

Malaysia Airlines jet in emergency landing in Hong Kong
    A Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul has made an emergency landing in Hong Kong after a generator failed.
    Global News|By Staff
    Candini likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

There was an article saying on board of the plane was 20 Chinese scientists testing how to turn off radar, which is new in technology.

Talk is the plane was hijacked to India and everyone is covering up the story.

Sad part is, if you are not 'useful' on the plane, I highly doubt they are alive.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information