User Tag List

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Ways to save money

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

By turning off light if it is not in use, left over food you can recycle it!,..and all of the ideas you think that it can helps a lot to save our environment and by saving our money..

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Switched to powdered soap for when my husband does the laundry, as he always uses to much of the liquid soap, but using the exact amount of the powered soap. I think it is because he doesn't see the line on the cap for the liquid. I wish they would have clear caps.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Don't throw out any left overs!! With a little creativity, a meal can be created around left overs. I received some left over ham from family after our get together. I used half of that to make an Indonesian dish (Nasi) and the other half to make a casserole (Ham/Potato/Cheese). I was joking with my boys that we were living off charity for the two meals. Even a little left over rice can be used to make a fabulous type of stir fry....a little imagination goes a long way.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

would you like some nicorette coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think Im going to save money this year by not buying anything unless I get a gift card I means clothes or boots.I have to put aside some for upcoming cat check up and a dresser .and to whittle away at a debt or two I dont eat out that much
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    For our garden and for landscaping, we buy perennial plants at the end of the store's garden season.
    For example, today we bought a 1 gallon pot of sedum for $3. It is in full bloom. Regular price is $11.99.
    In August, we bought a10 inch hanging basket for $1. Regular price was $7.99. The store listed it as an annual, but we know that it is a perennial geranium, that will be back next year.

I always take cutting of geraniums, busy lizzies etc to increase my chances of keeping them alive over winter. Plus I get extra free house plants.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I make my own cleaning wipes. No more paying for Lysol tubs of wipes!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

could you post your recipe for the wipes?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I make my own cleaning wipes. No more paying for Lysol tubs of wipes!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We shut off our propane hot water tank when we go away for more than 2 days, big savings there.

------------------------

Also organize and take part in a dessert exchange around Christmas Holiday Season, get to try new desserts and share yours, also saves the effort, time, ingredients & hydro of cooking 9 different desserts for example.

-------------------------

Swap books with colleages, co-workers, neighbours etc....save $ and you get exposed to authors you never would otherwise read

-------------------------------

I cut my S0S pads the big ones into 1/4's as I don't use them that often and they end up rusting or getting thrown out. It's cheaper than buying the tiny ones that are just about the same size.

-----------------------------------

I try and BBQ as much as possible because it's faster & cheaper than the Hydro rates in Ontario

-------------------------------------

I try and do my baking before I have to use the oven or after my main course in cooked, so the oven is still warm.

---------------------------------------

For those of you that use the dryer, set a timer so that you can rotate/switch your dry clothes out and your wet clothes in while the dryer is still warm

In the summer when we travel to the cottage often we make our own ice for the coolers, etc...

________________________________-

I also take 1 or 2 drinks with me if I am doing groceries or errands this way I will not feel the need to buy an overpriced pop or coffee while out, the savings add up considerably over a short period of time.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Oct 28th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    could you post your recipe for the wipes?
    Not so much a recipe but a cheaper way. So here we go.....
    First a trip to Dollarama and get
    1- Jcloths. These are durable and washable.
    2-Cleaning solution
    3- Suitable rectangluar with tight fitting lid.

Put the cloths in container and pour solution on them. Put lid on and give a good shake. Open, turn cloths over, pour more solution on . Put lid on, shake again. Don't put too much on as the cloths will be too saturated and then you will have to wring them out. Just eyeball it until you are satisfied. Mark the container clearly as cleaning cloths. I keep it on the toilet tank for easy access and quick clean ups. Once I use a cloth, I put it in the laundry. I like using these as the can be washed and reused again and again. Just laundry them, re-fold and reuse. I like to wait once they all have been used and then can be all added to the container at once.

Some people use paper towels such as Shop Towels. But I find if you are going to do this, you may as well get the commercial wipes to begin with.

Hope this works for you as well as it does me. It was a start up cost of under $6.00 but I have saved far more than that using this method. Good Luck!
    Just call me Wolfie

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

lucy16076 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

use the liner from cereal boxes -i have used it as wax paper-just cut it on cookie sheets -to pick up dog doodo-then twit tie it-my mom uses them for her tenas or diapers -contains them a little maybe keeps the smell down a bit-wet kids bathing suits in them when you travel-all kinds of uses

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Very hard...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most people choose to send money in the bank but for me, the best way to save money is to buy gold reserves

Last edited by happiness20m10; Mon, Nov 26th, 2012 at 02:15 AM.
    lucy16076 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cook meals at home instead of eating out. Have left overs for lunch the following day.

Cut up starbucks napkins to use as oil-blotters. Those clean&clear ones are super expensive!

Walk, or use public transportation.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information