User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Taking the bull by horns and trying to "demystify" all things CANCER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey all,
    I was an active SCer but late last year I got diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, stage 3C, my treatment went remarkably well. Just getting back to a new normal routine, still fatigued but otherwise OK (for now).
    I have taken on a new identity as I feel like a different person with a second chance at life. Just want a fresh start.
    Since my return I have noticed a few others are fighting the dreaded disease
    I am starting this thread with the hopes that it might turn into a resource for others with discussions about everything from symptoms, treatments, types, fears, precautions, resources available and general well being for anyone personally suffering or going through it with a family member or dear friend.
    I am not able to type too much in one go, so here it is for now....
    This is for TaraF , Horndogg, Hollyquaicer, myself and others
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone has any questions re. OC, feel free to ask me, here or by PM.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very glad things have gone well for you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Great to hear you're starting to feel a bit better! You may not know this but today is National Wear Teal day in support of Ovarian cancer. This sunday is the Walk of Hope in support of OC. My mother in law fought for 12 years! DH and I are both walking and volunteering at our local walk! I'll be thinking about you!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations on your successful journey! Thanks for starting this thread. Going through this can be so bewildering!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Welcome back, and so happy your treatment has been so successful for you!
    Great idea for a thread, Hon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Welcome back IthinkIcan!! Wow, I never like stories about CANCER thei are usually not so good. I raise my hat to you for beeing a strong women. I will keep you and others in my prayers. I will also keep reading this post. I hope this will be a post that we can keep at all time. It can be about any bad healt issue that some are also going through. Again IthinkIcan, I wish you all the luck in the world " I feel like a different person with a second chance at life. Just want a fresh start".
    Last edited by ticul; Sat, Sep 6th, 2014 at 10:40 AM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so happy your starting to get back to feeling good again. The road can be a very long one, and for some of us, it's not a road, but a highway. Take good care of yourself.

I've found the best thing to keep me healthy is my diet. I've pretty much changed everything. I also a celiac, so that brings it's out issues to the plate as we'll. I eat 90% or more organic and we try and eat spinach/ kale every single day. Whether it be in the form of a salad, wilted veggies or in a smoothie, as long as I get it. I've found it really helps with my day to day energy, which you mentioned is an issue with you as we'll.

I try to make 1 supper healthy meal ( usually at night for dinner), and the other meals (snacks) are full of fruits and veggies mostly. I think that the main thing for me because I have so a nanny issues with my weight, just trying to keep it on. Don't be afraid to through some boost/ensure in there too.

Again, I'm so very happy your feeling better and welcome back.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the +ve feedback for the thread, boy! am I glad to be back, missed Smartcanucks for past few months, everyone is so caring and genuine.
    This thread is for all of us, hope it will keep going and be useful.

@hollyquaiscer , my last blood works showed low Hemoglobin and low vitamin B12, I am now including sprouts in my salad everyday, I make sprouts from Mung beans, wheat kernels, black gram etc., I can feel the difference in my energy level. Lots of veggies and fruits every day, and as much water as I can handle.

I am not yet the age to reach menopause, but since I have lost ovaries, uterus and the whole shabang, hot flashes are driving me nuts , if anyone has any tips for reducing them , I will be very grateful.

@gourmetsue ... thanks and best wishes for the walk, we all need to do all we can .
    Last edited by IthinkIcan; Sat, Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    gourmetsue and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Congratulations on a successful treatment! If I may ask, what is your "follow up" looking like, test wise, going forward? How often do you have to do any testing with the cancer centre? Blood work or otherwise?

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I'm glad everything has gone so far so good for you.
    I want to thank you and everyone for all of your help and support.
    Thanks for the good advice from everyone here at SC.
    As for those hot flashes dress in layers and take clothes off and put them back on when you get cold. I do it all day long.
    Last edited by Horndogg; Sun, Sep 7th, 2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Congratulations on a successful treatment! If I may ask, what is your "follow up" looking like, test wise, going forward? How often do you have to do any testing with the cancer centre? Blood work or otherwise?
    Thanks Tara, my follow up for now is CA125 blood test for OC marker and Ultrasound every 3 months for 2 years, no meds., going for a CATscan this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    I'm glad everything has gone so far so good for you.
    I want to thank you and everyone for all of your help and support.
    Thanks for the good advice from everyone here at SC.
    As for those hot flashes dress in layers and take clothes off and put them back on when you get cold. I do it all day long.
    Thanks Horndogg, I am very glad to be a part of such a positive community.
    As for hot flashes, during the day I can manage, but waking up at night and playing the game of "on again, off again" with covers is not too much fun , well! no one ever said life is perfect.
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This is a great idea to have a thread devoted to sharing information. Good luck to everyone who are fighting the fight - Prayers and positive thoughts to all.
    Mia001, TaraF and IthinkIcan like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey everyone, I found this interactive link which is very simple and straight forward and might motivate us to bring about some change in our lifestyles to avoid cancer...

http://itsmylife.cancer.ca/index-en.html#!page=0

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

good new that you beat that beast.....

one thing that we can share ( just because i aleady met some people who think otherwise)

CANCER is not contagious and neither something to be ashame of and hide to family

i tell so because some cancer are ''family cancer'' * if i can say it this way and you can save other family members life by talking about it

my mom had a colon cancer (14years ago) and since then all her relatives = children, bothers and sisters had to undergo colonoscopy regularly, some of us have had some small tumors (non cancerous) and had to be tested more often...

* breast, uterus and colon cancer are those kind of cancer

to those who are fighting cancer and let`s hope for a cure in the very near future
    IthinkIcan likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information