User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: People who don't follow coupon rules...

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

So I'm part of a local couponing group, and the creator/leader/admin is constantly posting brag pics and the details of her haul. I've become quite suspicious in the recent weeks because she says she gets it all from one store during one trip, and not only is she obviously clearing shelves (30 Pledge... really??), but I know that some of the deals she got would not have been possible without going to multiple stores (or the same store multiple times) OR through the misuse of coupons. Examples... using more than one "limit one per customer and transaction" in a single transaction (she posts her receipts and all coupons she used) and combining a $ off and a bogo together. She has also stated that she has multiple accounts for CO51, snap and all those... she has different emails for each and uses family/friends addresses.

Everyone else thinks she's just the greatest. Am I the only person who sees something wrong with what she's doing?

I also don't know how she managed to do it, but she got a SCOP when a price rang in for LESS than the shelf price (most of us would be happy with that, but not her apparently). I swear her and at least one of the cashiers or managers must be bffs.

Thanks for letting me rant.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, macw1960 and 13 others like this.

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sometimes the best thing to do, is, just to ignore what certain people say they did etc. if you know it is not true. I think as long as you know what the truth is, then, that is all that matters.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, macw1960 and 10 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Needless to say, this a big reason why companies and stores are trying to make it very difficult to use coupons now days.

Remember, it only takes a few to ruin it for the many.......
    Last edited by maggiespice; Mon, Mar 9th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And one wonders why stores start limiting coupons or are diligent in what is being redeemed, and manufacturers reducing the number and/or value of coupons they put out. This is a case in point.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the rest of the group think she's the greatest, there's not really any point in bringing up her apparent misuse of couponing/shelf clearing. You wouldn't be thanked and it could lead to awkwardness and (possibly) aggression.

You have to go by what you feel is right.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, macw1960 and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Using coupons is like a drug to some people. Always looking for the bigger better sale and bigger and better brag. I personally buy what I will reasonably consume without having huge stock piles.

I don't need 50+ of one item. I donate stuff when the kids come around for the food bank drive. Other than that I don't stock pile and I don't do couponing as a full time job.

I do like to save money and have learned a lot on how to do that here. I have also learned that some couponers get very nasty when they are called out on misusing a coupon.

It's not worth bringing up to them. As long as you are truthful and use coupons as they are meant to be used then all is good in the coupon world.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

You aren't alone .... but don't get sucked in to behaving in a way that you could not defend yourself And now that you've gotten the rant out - just relax and do the right thing;

I just chuckle at some of the huge brags .... I mean I go through 1 can of furniture polish in a whole year ... I got hyped up on a windex deal a few years ago (I think it was basically free counting the airmiles you accumulated) - great product but I still have a bunch as I go through them so slowly..... It's very easy to become so focused on the "free" that you forget about the "do I need it?"....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by daynabas View Post
    So I'm part of a local couponing group, and the creator/leader/admin is constantly posting brag pics and the details of her haul. I've become quite suspicious in the recent weeks because she says she gets it all from one store during one trip, and not only is she obviously clearing shelves (30 Pledge... really??), but I know that some of the deals she got would not have been possible without going to multiple stores (or the same store multiple times) OR through the misuse of coupons. Examples... using more than one "limit one per customer and transaction" in a single transaction (she posts her receipts and all coupons she used) and combining a $ off and a bogo together. She has also stated that she has multiple accounts for CO51, snap and all those... she has different emails for each and uses family/friends addresses.

Everyone else thinks she's just the greatest. Am I the only person who sees something wrong with what she's doing?

I also don't know how she managed to do it, but she got a SCOP when a price rang in for LESS than the shelf price (most of us would be happy with that, but not her apparently). I swear her and at least one of the cashiers or managers must be bffs.

Thanks for letting me rant.
    I agree with you on the shelf clearing, I would never clear a full shelf (I say full by if there is like 2 or 3 items left I'm gonna take them). Now I'm not sure how she approached the cashier regarding the 'one per person' coupon issue but I give the option to the cashier and CSM how they would like it done, sometimes they like it done in separate transations and some likes it all in one transaction. 99.9% of the time the store will get their money back because it's near impossible for the company to know that it was all done by the same person, all the store does is prove they sold the stock. As this has been explained many times all over the forums that using a $ off coupon and BOGO coupon is ok because your using the $ off coupon on one item and the BOGO coupon on the other item, as long as it's one coupon per item it's perfectly fine. Now with CO51 you can have one account per DEVICE, I have multiple devices so I have multiple accounts and I when I contacted support for more then one account they combine my request into one support ticket for me becuase I have asked if it's okay and they said it's perfectly fine. Now I don't know about Snap because most of their offers can be claimed unlimited amount of times so why would you have more then 1 account?
    Last edited by brennen7; Mon, Mar 9th, 2015 at 11:45 PM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    You aren't alone .... but don't get sucked in to behaving in a way that you could not defend yourself And now that you've gotten the rant out - just relax and do the right thing;

I just chuckle at some of the huge brags .... I mean I go through 1 can of furniture polish in a whole year ... I got hyped up on a windex deal a few years ago (I think it was basically free counting the airmiles you accumulated) - great product but I still have a bunch as I go through them so slowly..... It's very easy to become so focused on the "free" that you forget about the "do I need it?"....
    So true.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

@daynabas, oh yuck..I am like you and others, sometimes you see things like that and it bugs you at no end to not comment, I know it's hard not to say anything. Do the rules of the blog say, no unsupported shops will NOT be tolerated..like misuse?? I know I should say, suck-it up but if the rant did not get it out of your system, maybe message the administrator and ask if brags like this should be really posted? I think allot of people might watch that American show and think it's okay? I know when I first started-I never cleared shelves but like 10 toothpastes because they were free-SING-ME UP...Yah I'm Bad!!!! but now like most of us learn, that was training wheels time, now it's different but 30 Pledge in one trip, I was reading that second-hand from your post and my eyes were popping out of my head and that SCOP??????? No wonder you are about to blow. There are many people I have read that join groups and then when they saw how it was letting things be posted that were not right, they just "un-friended" the group (sorry my french, cannot think of another way to write it)... You/we don't need that aggravation in our lives. But it is awful that this is being encouraged because it is giving us a bad name, I know the Walmarts in my area have been nearly rude and not allowing much and I am leaving the stores feeling sick to my stomach because of the scrutiny and that is only because of all this confusion...not my fault at all, if it were I would be the first to own it but they are being defensive and by couponers doing these kinds of things, well it's certainly not helping. I hope it gets better, if not just let them go, you might miss a few tips/deals but if it making you sad/mad...come back here and we will cheer you up.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

She is, unfortunately, the group creator and admin... there is no one "higher" than her within that group. I have made a few comments about certain hauls without accusing her, and judging by her replies, she has assumed I'm just "inexperienced" in the ways of couponing... LOL okay! There are items that I will most certainly buy 30 of, but I will buy them with or without coupons because we use them. Beans for example... we go through a can of beans a day. 30 cans lasts us a month. When Bush's went on sale 4/$5 at RCSS, I would have stocked up even without the coupons, but because I had them, you bet I stocked up on double what I normally would AND I used my $1 off coupons, got 60 cans instead of 30!! BUT I didn't clear the shelves and those beans aren't going to sit in a stockpile for the rest of my life collecting dust... we have already gone through almost half of them!!

Someone else posted their brag on her group, and I thought it was a great brag!! She had a large variety of items, including sour cream, cereal, milk, cheese, medicine, a FEW cleaning supplies, produce, meat, drinks, paper towel etc... she only spent $40 instead of almost $200. I commented saying how great it was to see a haul like this, full of items that her family will actually use! The group creator saw my comment and called me "discouraging to other couponers".... why? Because I like to see hauls full of actual useful items and not just 30 Pledge, 30 Airwick and 60 freaking scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaners?? give me a break. I think I need to leave that group but at the same time, I want to be there to watch what she does and report anything if it becomes necessary.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes and because of this couponing is changing -trust me I have couponed 30 years and I once had 5 people in my household and I would never go out and buy "30 pledge " at one time -I do stock up but slowely like now i have 15 bottles of laundry soap-at 2.49 or less but now there is only 2 of us -I use a lot less -infact I still have a pledge from a sale before
    -you are right it is nice to see well rounded brags on food -today i got bananas, blueberries ,rice and 2 boxes of cereal free with my grocery bill

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This kind of behaviour spoils it for everyone else as well, I love a sale / deal as much as the next person but I always keep in mind what I will be able to use or whether I'll even use a product at all, even if its free. To each his/ her own I guess
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Exactly!! I don't want a bunch of crap that I'm never going to use cluttering up my house... there's enough clutter as it is, I don't need more lol. My Mom calls major stockpiling (like from the TLC shows) "organized hoarding"

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Using coupons is like a drug to some people.
    i've often compared couponing to a drug also.. you get that high from it you get lost deep in this insane world with tunnel vision on these massive deals then after a few months you look up and look around your home and all the bags full of stuff and say "OMG what have i done?" and then many pull away some come back, some stay dabbling...

i've known one of these people your talking about.. well over the 10+yrs i've been solidly couponing i've known dozens of these people... a number of them some of them stick around some of them disappear over time.. some of them create this great following and turn couponing into a career of shady couponing then... over time couponing gets harder the manufacturers crack down yet again and even less coupons come out... unfortunately there's nothing you can do except watch, or even better remove yourself those groups run by them, start up your own facebook group invite locals to join and hopefully promote positive couponing
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information