User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: Shoppers Coupons getting a bit stingy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess the thread title isn't fair.

But between last weeks coupons and this weeks coupons... It appears Shoppers is definately raining in on some of the double dipping.

My last 2 weekend prime(top coupon) Personal coupons were:

Last week - 6000 points on $20 Candy and Snacks
    This Week - 8000 points on $30 Food and Snacks

Both of those coupons had a new wrinkle in it.... Namely.

"Points will be awarded within 5 business days."

So this mean's there is a high potential to not get the points if you try and combine it with a 18500 or 20x point weekend. And possibly a good likely hood you might not get the points if you try to use it twice.

However, if you go by what the coupons say, clearly you shouldn't be using the coupons that way anyway.... but I'm still a little bummed out, about it.

Wonder what's next on the chopping block?

Okay, have great weekend everyone... I'm loading up tomorrow on a redemption. Yahoo!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Liliia, momi, kimijeen and 4 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like how you worded this! I feel the same way. Bummed, but recognize that's not how the coupons were supposed to be used. I hadn't read the change last week and used an 8000 food and snacks coupon with the 20x day on my dad's card. Totally feel like I shot myself in the foot there. Not surprised the points haven't been added. Should have totally saved the coupon and used it later this week! But wasn't about to try that either, lest I feel like I've shot myself in the foot and an arm (and drawn even more attention to myself by double dipping AND trying to use it twice). I've never actually used those coupons twice since they put on the expires after 1 use. Anyway, now I feel I'm really paying for it. My sister and I have both received our offers, but no beautiful Friday offers for my dad. I've learned my lesson. Hope shoppers forgives me

So... you gonna use your 8000 points with your redemption? lol
    momi, amira84, terry2144 and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never been able to use the first personalized coupon on a 20x or 18,500 day. Most times I don't even get the promo/contest cards either.
    I've had good luck with using 5x, 10x, 15x, 20x on the 2-7 personalized coupons with multiple items if they are the exact same item on 20x and 18500 days. I've had hit and miss when it isn't exact for example one bag of cookie is oatmeal and the other is chocolate chip.
    Shopping has become quite strategic but very rewarding when everything lines up for example item is on sale, bonus point day, bonus point coupon, product bonus points and a manu coupon/rebate/gift etc.
    Lately I've been shopping on Friday night to take advantage of 2 ad prices with 1st personalized and dud coupons.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ahhh here you are @Poobah . I was thinking about pm'ing you and asking you what are you going to do with 18500 promo days. I kbew 18500 promo + 8000 F&S combination was your favourite one. Lol.

Well...... it hurts! It hurts very bad! But what can we do? We'll just scream for 1 or 2 days and then we'll get used to the new system/rules. No one stops!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I miss my food/snacks coupon
    coupon girl, momi, amira84 and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just when we thought we had everything figured out, we get hit with something else!! It was great while it lasted!! We should start a new thread so everyone can let us know what coupons, promotions, personal e-mails works or doesn't...maybe if we let SDM know we prefer the points added right away they'll change it back!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Just when we thought we had everything figured out, we get hit with something else!! It was great while it lasted!! We should start a new thread so everyone can let us know what coupons, promotions, personal e-mails works or doesn't...maybe if we let SDM know we prefer the points added right away they'll change it back!!!

I don't think they'll listen to us. They knew these changes are not in customers' best interest. They knew they are being too generous and they didn't like this thing.
    The worst thing is that they know we are still going to shop at sdm because it's still better than lousy pcplus or airmiles.
    @Anna Michele they still offer F&S coupon this week they sent it to me. But now i won't be able to use it on a redemption.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    The reason they changed it is because people who can't follow the terms on the coupon. When SDM says a coupon is one time use, they mean one time use. Any warnings given by people who have had Optimum cards for a very very long time on here, go ignored, or are spit on lol.

And to the op of this thread, who has posted several times about using the personal offers over and over again in one week, thank you and you have no right to complain about sdm being stingy.
    strew, uanoor, Liliia and 14 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-how true anne -I have used all my emailed offers only once -I am grateful for this program -no complaints here
    infact I talked to head office last night to find a shoppers that sells a certain item -and I thanked her for the optiumn program it is one of the best I told her and really helps my household
    strew, uanoor, Liliia and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's my beef with all of this and the people who are mad at those of us who used the offers more than once. I PAID FOR MY PURCHASES!!!! I shelled out money for those points it's not like they gave them to me for free. With all of these changes it's only going to hurt their bottom line and sales. I for one won't be spending as much at SDM as I used to because I want points for my purchases hence why I shop at SDM to begin with. I'll go and use them once and then that will be it. Why do you think they've been so pushy with the M-W-F coupons? Cause they realize they're going to have to suck us in during the week if we've already used our personal offers on the weekend and can't use them again during the week.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    So... you gonna use your 8000 points with your redemption? lol
    You bet! Doesn't hurt to try. I'm just putting my shopping list together as we speak.

As far as the rest of the conversation goes....

I think I was pretty clear, that I don't fault Shoppers at all for making these change... I'm just bummed as they say, but as amira84 says " No one stops! "

I fully agree annedougherty comments, I certainly got no right to complain with how well everyone at shoppers has treated me. *Thank you Shoppers*

However I have to say at a certain level, I also agree with some of Glendon's comments, although Not with such a degree of entitlement. Yes we do pay our hard earned money to accumulate our points, but that does not somehow remove us from the fact that we should be paying attention to what's written on the coupons. And yea, sure maybe if Shoppers taught their cashiers better, maybe they could of been on the front line correcting us all along. But the fact is, the coupons clearly state how they are to be used. Yet some of us, like me... chose to bend/break the rules.

I think Glendon is right in a certain respect. If I could only use that 8000 / $30 FOS coupon once, then shoppers will not see me again till the next coupon or weekend my freezer is bare and a points promotion is in effect. So if on a whim, the family wants hotdogs, hotdog buns, relish, moustard, and lets throw in some eggs, cheese, and milk all of which I would get in a snap if I had a 8000 fos coupon. So Yes I won't be going to shoppers without a points incentive...

But if we weren't combining that 8000 point coupon on 18500 or 20x points day, the chances we would still have that coupon or one like it for later in the week would rise... The fact is we were taking advantage of a system. A Shoppers system was inherently flawed from the beginning... Cashier's weren't educated. Computers were unable to recognize when double dipping was happening. And other murky issues of food or snack or candy? People got used to figuring out what worked, and just went with it... Over time the sense of entitlement sets in.

So yes, I might not shop as often under the new rules... But to be truthful I'm not sure shoppers was making money off of me when I repeatedly made 30000 points per 75 dollars spent? Truth is, I don't think shoppers would mind if I shopped somewhere else, at least If they continued to let me double dip.

So Shoppers is cleaning house a bit, putting its affairs in order. And It's probably about time. I suspect more changes will come, specifically regarding the personalized coupons. (there are people breaking more rules then just double dipping and using coupon's twice, which I was made aware of recently... Thankfully I chose not to go down that path(but I was tempted), and I suspect those that do so will get caught if they haven't already.)

Okay... I better get shopping.

I want to make some beef jerky today too. lol
    uanoor, walkonby, tobiwobi and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I only did what I was supposed to do and what was confirmed to me from head office. Like some people mentioned the cashiers were never sure what worked with what, so it was always confusing..I called head office a few times to ask questions about promotions, personal e-mails, coupons etc..and I always got the same answer, " If the system takes the coupon then it should work". So if some of us used multiple coupons, offers or promotions I have no problem with that..I still think its the best program out there!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

More and more cashiers have been informing me about the upcoming switch to digital offers (like PC plus). So I guess it will be coming soon. I'm curious to see how this will change the personalized offers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I just hope the offers aren't as lame as the PC offers...the 100 (.10) in savings I get from PC Plus is ridiculous. If everything remains the same (besides the double dipping) then I will be happy with the digital changes.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well called shoppers today (and I do love their program and told them so)to ask about my 8,000 points -which I didn't realize was 5 "business days"missed the business day so should have them by wednesday or else cal in and give my name she said-he had started a file for me
    -anyway we got to talking and i told her I love the emailed coupon(really benefits my family paying 5.99 for 120 low dose aspirin(after their 4.00 cpn)(which i have to take everyday as opposed to 12.99 (i wouldn't think of using any coupons more than once -they are implementing this 5 business days because of mis- use she didnt say exacually that but I presumed from our conversation
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Apr 28th, 2015 at 07:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information