User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Dealing with the frathouse neighbours

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Have you called 311 to lodge a complaint for bylaw? They will give you a tracking # so you can follow up if you need to.
    I don't think they're breaking any bylaws. They start at 7 a.m. and that's perfectly legal
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I really don't think it matters what time it occurs if it is excessive.

http://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgeb...001070674.html

Maybe just keep everything in writing then if it's not resolved then you have a paper trail.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Sun, Jun 14th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I an a very light sleeper and every noise wakes me up. You need constant white noise and it works for me. I have an air cleaner that I put on medium and it masks all noise around me.
    Good luck.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Shwa Girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

These people are lunatics.

4 a.m. on a Wednesday. I have a big meeting with the boss tomorrow. Dance music and screaming and stomping on the floor with some kind of clogs or wooden shoes I'm guessing.

Security guard comes to knock to tell them to shut up. They don't even bother opening because that's their warning that the cops are coming.

Security guard leaves, music stops.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Jul 8th, 2015 at 03:59 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Security has no record of previous complaints?!?!?!!??
    ROMEO, frugallegemom, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Keep your own records and maybe submit a list to security. Ask what their protocol is for noting complaints and is there a way for all guards on duty to access the file to be updated on any ongoing situations.

Hope security opened a file as a result of the early am incident.
    ROMEO, frugallegemom and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Keep your own records and maybe submit a list to security. Ask what their protocol is for noting complaints and is there a way for all guards on duty to access the file to be updated on any ongoing situations.

Hope security opened a file as a result of the early am incident.
    Fratboys refused to open the door for security, so police came this time. No way they can "forget" to file that

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a tenant, part of what you pay as your rent is for the management of the building. It is being poorly managed if this is allowed to go on. You are entitled to 'quiet enjoyment' of your property. Other tenants rights are not more important that yours and you have the right to expect that other tenants be reasonable--so whether it's 0700 or not doesn't make playing music or games or clog dancing at top volume appropriate. Your landlord may be out of the country but someone has to be accountable in her place (you can't be an absentee landlord via the Act). So, I suggest you email her, and FAX the management office (keep a copy of the FAX confirmation sheet for your records so you have a date and time stamp) and explain your concerns.

I don't suggest you talk to these people. You pay for the pleasure of not having to confront people, and really, these days, you just never know who you are talking to.

I am a landlord and I know how distressing it is to have both bad tenants and neighbours. Please read your lease and quote directly from it in your correspondence. Here is the link to the Act. http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/

Goodluck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought I was your neighbour until you said xbox ...whew !

Man that sucks. Speaking to them directly will make matters worse if their frontal lobes aren't developed enough so that they have the capacity to understand that they are acting uncivilized. But you got some options...

1. be patient and live with it until they leave because of a break up or because they are behind in rent
    2. fight back using another form of human sense.... mess with their olfactory nerve and burn a foul smelling incense in their direction
    3. move

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Enjoy your Birthday today torontogal12!! Enjoy a cake with noise cancelling headphones!! ha ha

Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Jul 11th, 2015 at 10:37 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It's 630 a.m. I was out for a wedding rehearsal last night and I"m in a wedding tomorrw. Today was the only had i had to sleep all week.

AND THE MONSTER NEXT DOOR is playing circus music at 630 a.m. but it's not loud enough to go into the hall so they can't call the cops. It's loud enough to seep into our unit and we literally thought there was a parade outside!!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    It's 630 a.m. I was out for a wedding rehearsal last night and I"m in a wedding tomorrw. Today was the only had i had to sleep all week.

AND THE MONSTER NEXT DOOR is playing circus music at 630 a.m. but it's not loud enough to go into the hall so they can't call the cops. It's loud enough to seep into our unit and we literally thought there was a parade outside!!!!

enough is enough and too much is foolish
    they have to stop this
    note date and time and inform the building manager today

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Wow, I am so sorry.

I had the same issues a year or so ago and ended up moving. Have had zero issues since I moved.
    I was lucky and in a point in my life that I could easily move, I know most can't. All I can say is I'm sorry, and hopefully management does something.
    Candini and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I haven't slept in 2 days. Saturday, ass hat blasted music all night. Sunday I had a wedding.

NOW I AM TRYING TO NAP AND HIS DAMN MUSIC IS PLAYING
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I haven't slept in 2 days. Saturday, ass hat blasted music all night. Sunday I had a wedding.

NOW I AM TRYING TO NAP AND HIS DAMN MUSIC IS PLAYING

How was the wedding? I was wondering if the bride would make anymore crazy demands and try to take advantage of all your help again...

as far as the noise I would see if I could get a loup playing of some annoying noise like nails on a chalk board, squeaking a balloon, something that's hard to ignore and put the speaker against their wall just loud enough that they will hear if but (hopefully) no one else will... Then I would go out shopping, maybe visit a friend and crash on their couch for a nap before going home and shutting off the noise.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information