User Tag List

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: Halloween Package Train

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Buddy, your package is almost ready! I still want to try and get a couple more items, and I need to wait for one more thing to come in. I got a box though, yay!

I want to see your lunches Julie, haha. Post some pics here! :p

Wish I had some advice for you @newmamasweet . Both my kids never did that...you're definitely doing the right thing with the dimming of the lights, etc at night and trying to keep her stimulated during the day. Hang in there! Consistency is key

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    Yeah! We have the 6 compartment one. Did you get the 4 & 6 compartment ones? I'm contemplating on whether I should get a 4 compartment one...

Today, Maile's teacher told me my daughter had the coolest lunches ever! And that they always look forward to seeing what she has each day. LOL
    I did get one of each

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    I feel the same way! Kayden pretty much takes the same thing daily, only difference is, if its going to be a pb and banana sandwich, pb and j or ichiban noodles a his thermos. That is literally all he'll eat for lunches!! Im kinda surprised no notes about np pb at school have come home this year from the new school. Theres no signs anywhere about it being a "peanut free" environment
    i am lucky this year ...no allergies in her class
    Quote Originally Posted by newmamasweet View Post
    I am looking for advice for my 5 week old - I can't seem to get her on a day/night schedule. She is nursed on demand, which is every 2-4hrs. She is typically alert from supper time until 4 or 5 am, with a few cat naps. Then difficult to wake from 5am on. My first DD was quite easy to night train, she is still a morning girl. With Emma I have been trying to play/wake up during day and trying not to stimulate at night (lights are dimmed, lots of rocking to get back to sleep etc.)

Any suggestions?
    my dd did that and we had to try to wake her up, during the day was a little cooler than night so she wouldnt feel to warm and sleepy (but not cold to make her sick...if that makes sense), and we also co slept for the first while to help as well

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

I see a package was attempted to be delivered......

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Jackson's class has allergies, and he doesn't like peanut butter much any way. Well he likes it but is overly aware that people are allergic to it. So believes he can never even have it at home... I've given him the sunflower seed butter (I don't like to use soy for him at all) but he doesn't really like it. I always put a note on it though so the teacher knows it's not real. He does eat Wowbutter at daycare, I wish they didn't use it since it's soy but I figure it's a small amount not that often. Any way! Tomorrow he has a quesadilla, which is really just cheese melted in a tortilla. He does like that, and grilled cheese, noodles with parmesan, mini pizza's (they had a pizza day last year but not this year sadly), and lunch meat, or hot dogs. But it is hard. Thankfully he will eat things cold that I wouldn't!

Can't help with getting baby on a schedule. Jackson switched fairly easily from what I remember, though he was a very poor sleeper until I let him sleep on his belly. I found it hard to deal with the evenings though, I like my sleep lol, and he would keep me up from 7pm until 10 or later then only sleep a few hours, have a bottle and back to sleep. That was his longest stretch of the day I think, and he was always cranky/difficult for that stretch. Boy that seems like a long time ago.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    I feel the same way! Kayden pretty much takes the same thing daily, only difference is, if its going to be a pb and banana sandwich, pb and j or ichiban noodles a his thermos. That is literally all he'll eat for lunches!! Im kinda surprised no notes about np pb at school have come home this year from the new school. Theres no signs anywhere about it being a "peanut free" environment
    Wow, I thought all schools were nut free zones nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by chesterjes View Post
    I see a package was attempted to be delivered......
    oooooo.......exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Jackson's class has allergies, and he doesn't like peanut butter much any way. Well he likes it but is overly aware that people are allergic to it. So believes he can never even have it at home... I've given him the sunflower seed butter (I don't like to use soy for him at all) but he doesn't really like it. I always put a note on it though so the teacher knows it's not real. He does eat Wowbutter at daycare, I wish they didn't use it since it's soy but I figure it's a small amount not that often. Any way! Tomorrow he has a quesadilla, which is really just cheese melted in a tortilla. He does like that, and grilled cheese, noodles with parmesan, mini pizza's (they had a pizza day last year but not this year sadly), and lunch meat, or hot dogs. But it is hard. Thankfully he will eat things cold that I wouldn't!

Can't help with getting baby on a schedule. Jackson switched fairly easily from what I remember, though he was a very poor sleeper until I let him sleep on his belly. I found it hard to deal with the evenings though, I like my sleep lol, and he would keep me up from 7pm until 10 or later then only sleep a few hours, have a bottle and back to sleep. That was his longest stretch of the day I think, and he was always cranky/difficult for that stretch. Boy that seems like a long time ago.
    DD doesn't really eat that much peanut butter either. Probably mainly due to that fact that I have a sensitivity to it (not a fully blown scary allergy) & that she used to have a strong gag reflex when she was younger & didn't like to eat anything thick like that. She has had it enough times for me to know that she is not allergic to it. She mainly just eats it now when she has the hiccups lol. Though she does eat whole peanuts with hubby.

i also try to avoid soy as much as possible for DD & myself (I also have a sensitivity to that as well ). I sometimes eat cashew butter & pumpkin seed butter though the latter reminds me of baby poo

had the builder's painters here to do touch up on my front door, so now my front door has to be wide open for the next half hour. Thankfully the wind is blowing in an opposite direction away from my house otherwise my whole house would be full of dirt & dust. It is super windy out today. Though as I type this I see it's changing directions
    Crochetlady and chesterjes like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If you are comfortable, I recommend cosleeping among the other things mentioned. I coslept with all my babies and they were in their cribs sleeping on their own by 9 months. If mama is asleep, baby knows to sleep too. I let my newest sleep skin to skin for the first week and she feel into pattern the fastest. She is asleep by 8 in her bassinet. Along side her sisters who are asleep by that time!!! She comes into bed with us when she has her first wake and feed.

I push the playpen/bassinet up next to the bed at night and if she falls it is not very far. I should add the only time that this could happen is when I am nursing on one side in the middle of the night. And it's never happened with any of my three children. My husband and I push our pillows lengthwise up the head board and baby sleeps between us. I think mothers are instinctive sleepers.

I do not recommend this if anyone is your house smokes or has several drinks of alcohol regularly. The first increases the rate of SIDS and the other causes you to become less aware subconsciously.

There is my two cents. Baby 1 for me was crap I fell asleep a with my baby. 2 was I think this is normal. 3 this what we are doing because it naturally happened with the other two and worked!
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Sep 25th, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

found out my dog is going to be having puppies.. I thought she was just fluffy (shes a Pom/Maltese cross) but when I gave her a bath rto get ready for her hair cut I realized shes not fluffy.. shes all baby(ies).
    That would totally explain why shes been so sleepy lately. Not sure how far along she is, Im thinking she should be ready in the next 3 weeks.
    I still cant believe shes pregnant. I was really good about keeping my dogs apart when she was in heat.. oh well Im sure her puppies will be super cute. Dad is a pure bread shiatsu so at least they will stay small

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

I wish I was allowed pets where we are
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Does anyone know if mittens are out in stores yet? I try and avoid Walmart unless I know what I want is there (or we come out with toys). It's cooled off today and I'm remember Jackson really needs mitts, and possibly new boots. He wears them out kind of quickly, so I'll need to get him a few pairs. I hate winter. Any way!

it's the weekend at least there's that!

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Does anyone know if mittens are out in stores yet? I try and avoid Walmart unless I know what I want is there (or we come out with toys). It's cooled off today and I'm remember Jackson really needs mitts, and possibly new boots. He wears them out kind of quickly, so I'll need to get him a few pairs. I hate winter. Any way!

I saw mitts and gloves today at Walmart!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have seen mittens at RCSS and Dollarama.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

I bought some at Dollarama
    Crochetlady likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Our walmart here sucks for selection if u see something u have to buy it then. Spring i had saw a jacket but was low on money had to wait one week till pay day and needless to say they were sold out of her size(bought a size up instead) now saw a winter jacket there two days ago and went back today to go and get it just so she would have it.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Afternoon Ladies! What is everyone weekend plans?

My cold has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse again, just as I was starting to feel better, boo so it looks like another day of relaxing & taking it easy. I need to make 4 Shutterfly photo books before my baby arrives so I better get on that. Will start a bit later this afternoon because my sister recently got me hooked on Once Upon A Time on Netflix - no spoilers please, I'm only on season 1. Hubby is helping our neighbour build our adjoining fence & the munchkin is playing outside & "helping". Tomorrow we have tickets to the Edmonton Oil Kings hockey game, should be interesting. I don't normally watch hockey (or sports for that matter) but hubby got a deal through work & thought the munchkin would enjoy.

All the stores in Edmonton have them! Saw some today at Superstore for a good price.
    Crochetlady and chesterjes like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information