User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: Ungrateful people- just need to vent :(

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I don't normally let things get to me but this is really bothering me. There was a post on a Facebook group for free items the other day from a lady asking for help with food... she said her car was in the shop and her and her husband were ill and he was laid off, etc. etc. A bunch of us offered to take her some canned food, fresh veggies, potatoes, etc- including myself. I went to the store and got her a whole bunch of stuff including meat, potatoes, canned veggies, soup, eggs, bacon... and made her up a huge box with some personal care items as well. Drove half hour out of my way to take it to her and saw that she had also gotten things from others- great! But...

A few hours later she made another post saying that a bunch of us had promised to bring her food but didn't and she was starving... what? There were several posts about her calling food banks, churches, etc. for help which she denied over and over ("I've called them all, they won't help...") and then somebody finally called her out, telling the group that there were many of us who took food to her. She then has the nerve to say that she's on a special diet and there's only certain foods she can eat.

Fast forward to a day or two ago, she posts this:

if anyone , can donate me a laptop. bug free , .. fast and in good condition ..as i am a admins in3 hockey groups, ty .pm me pls ... Warning .. this is a need for me . and i dont need any smart and rude people , as before , you al know who you all , ty

I'm just so disgusted right now It's really put me in a bad mood. Several of us went out of our way to help her and we were all basically sh!t on.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! sheets!! She sure has BIG ones! Ungrateful and a con artist perhaps?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    wow! sheets!! She sure has BIG ones! Ungrateful and a con artist perhaps?
    That's what I'm thinking... it really disgusts me
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That is one sad woman, scammer.

But bless you for having such a good heart, with nice intentions.
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Nov 13th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

WOW! Sorry that this happened to you.

I would give her the kiddish $20 laptop aka my first laptop. You know that one you can find at toys store

But then I am mean troll!
    Crochetlady, Silk, Ciel and 8 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That made me angry, i can only imagine how upset you must have been after reading her posts.
    Did the facebook page admin block her or ask her not to post this kind of posts?

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I ended up leaving our local 'free' pay it forward site because of this type of attitude. Sorry that it happened, I definitely understand your frustration.

Don't let her poor attitude overshadow the fact that you have such a generous heart and went out of your way to help someone without question! Wishing you lots of good Karma!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Message her and tell her you have an i5 with 64 GB RAM you'd like to give to her

Message her again and ask her if she wants windows 8 or 10 on it

Message her again and ask if she needs office on it

Message her again and ask her which browsers she wants installed...

Set up a pickup date. When she comes to meet you, tell her sorry I lied...just like you did...lies hurt people. Maybe she'll learn something.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

She hasn't been blocked yet and I'm not really sure why... she has a nasty response to everyone still offering advice/help. She deserves nothing, as far as I'm concerned.

I've always wanted to give back because I've always gotten help when I needed it... I wanted to pay it forward. And I'm not the only one who got screwed, I've been talking with 3 other people that dropped food off to her.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    WOW! Sorry that this happened to you.

I would give her the kiddish $20 laptop aka my first laptop. You know that one you can find at toys store

But then I am mean troll!
    I love you lol... I have one of the kids old laptops, one of the knock off leap pad ones... I should give it to her hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Message her and tell her you have an i5 with 64 GB RAM you'd like to give to her

Message her again and ask her if she wants windows 8 or 10 on it

Message her again and ask if she needs office on it

Message her again and ask her which browsers she wants installed...

Set up a pickup date. When she comes to meet you, tell her sorry I lied...just like you did...lies hurt people. Maybe she'll learn something.
    That's not a half bad idea I think she's one of those people that will never learn though

She better be more careful though, people know where she lives... if she messes with the wrong person, you know... I've just removed myself from the situation, as mad as it makes me, but I can see it getting worse.
    Crochetlady, Silk, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've been hit by these sorts of people also.. scammers who take advantage of the situation, and it's sad and frustrating and makes you not want to give to those who could probably use it in fear of being scammed yet again..

sadly you see alot of them coming out of the woodwork this time of year because of the holiday season and people are more giving this time of year and there are people who take advantage of that
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe you could post another message to her on the facebook site that Beggars can't be choosers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm surprised the admin didn't block her/remove her from the group
    I wonder if she can be reported to the proper authorities...? That might scare her off from trying something similar with a different group? One would hope...
    She doesn't seem too smart by making her identity/location known if she is indeed scamming people by trying to get something for nothing.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Sorry that happened to you, Sheets You are a caring person with a generous heart - don't let one ungrateful person change who you are

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I love you lol... I have one of the kids old laptops, one of the knock off leap pad ones... I should give it to her hehehe

That's not a half bad idea I think she's one of those people that will never learn though

She better be more careful though, people know where she lives... if she messes with the wrong person, you know... I've just removed myself from the situation, as mad as it makes me, but I can see it getting worse.

You can also include a mean message such as this; " For an inner kid in you! I think this is a perfect gift for you as you have not grown up yet". hehe
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information