User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Depressed Around The Holidays

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You're not worthless! This too shall pass

Since you're not currently working, do you have the ability to do a little volunteer work for holiday charities or events? I know you may not feel like it, but if I were in your situation, I would. It can:
    -Get you some more and new references! And volunteering looks good on a resume. It'll be something to put in your unemployment gap.
    -Help perk you up. Helping others always makes me feel good and having a sense of community and usefulness might help how you're feeling.

This time of year there are tons of soup kitchens that could use a helping hand. The food banks could use help sorting donations for hampers, winter clothing drives need help sorting clothes, etc etc etc. You will see that you have worth coming out your ears! You just need an outlet for it.

If you know all of the traditional Chanukah (I'm sure I got that wrong) songs, traditions, etc. I'm sure there are many older Jewish folks who would appreciate you taking the time to sit with them and read passages, sing hymns, or whatever the holiday entails for you and them. This nostalgia may also get you more in the spirit.

I feel like helping others is the most uplifting thing you can do while you're down. It's hard to start doing when you feel awful, but once you get rolling it may brighten your spirits a lot!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Im seeing my therapist tomorrow
    Hey, that's good! I've been considering talking to someone, I hope it helps you!

You always have your SC family
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Chantel ....best post yet in this thread. I couldn't have put any better myself with regards to your point about volunteering / helping out. As a volunteer myself, I know a lot of places especially during this time of the year are always looking for helpers. It's unfortunate that we live in a society where most people are just out for what they can get, and if they don't get it they throw tantrums as if their world is going to end
    MortgageQueen and 1_love like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well my therapist helped me a bit and I actually ended up getting another job interview...still waiting to see how it turns out
    Skippy, Natalka, DaveP and 3 others like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    @Chantel ....best post yet in this thread.
    Positive.

I couldn't have put any better myself with regards to your point about volunteering / helping out. As a volunteer myself,
    Positive! Nice! I like where this is going!

I know a lot of places especially during this time of the year are always looking for helpers.
    Super positive!

It's unfortunate that we live in a society where most people are just out for what they can get,
    Oops, slipping into negative land.

and if they don't get it they throw tantrums as if their world is going to end
    And a solid landing in negative land.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

You know what helps me? Sometimes I go and sit somewhere quiet, indulge in a fancy coffee, and read. Sometimes we all need a little "me" time
    DaveP, walkonby and momof3heathens like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The job interview was a bust but I'm feeling a bit better
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Gryphon you're not worthless,you are a blessing! Starting this thread is just one sign of it.You're brutally honest and that's not always easy.
    You have given others the opportunity to share their own feelings to know you're not alone.The outpouring of ideas and encouragement is awesome.You are among people who care for one another not only during this season but always.Just read the thread as many times as you need to.God bless you my friend!
    Mia001, DaveP, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gryphon, you are young and sometimes it takes a little longer to get "discovered" for your talents, but it will come one day. We know your worth. . .and you know your worth. It will come. Work hard. Have faith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information