User Tag List

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dad is home from hospital...they don't have any kind of diagnosis. Could be a precursor to a big event or not. They aren't sure.vthey didn't call a cardiologist because he is 85 with later stage Alzheimer's so we wouldn't do any major interventions at this stage. Seemed fine today, but then doesn't remember any of it. Just going day by day. Thanks for your concern!
    macw1960 and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@scouponer glad your dad is back home
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh I hope your dad is ok

I have SO much wrapping to do tonight! I think I will be joining you one nexts years thread in March I always say I am going to start early and always end up wrapping at midnight on christmas eve
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I look so forward to the clearance deals on decorations after Christmas, god knows I really really don't need anything but something always finds it's way into the cart and the I'm anxious for next years Christmas. I absolutely love wrapping paper and love Nutcrackers.

Sounds like everyone is well prepared or well on their way....Only 4 days until Christmas
    macw1960 and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

March? Let's do the 26th. Lol.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I look so forward to the clearance deals on decorations after Christmas, god knows I really really don't need anything but something always finds it's way into the cart and the I'm anxious for next years Christmas. I absolutely love wrapping paper and love Nutcrackers.

Sounds like everyone is well prepared or well on their way....Only 4 days until Christmas
    I have WAY too much Christmas stuff! Most from Target during xmas clearance and then liquidation. AND then if that wasnt enough, I bought a HUGE bin (the kind they use at hospitals for laundry) from a Target liquidation auction after they finally closed. I've actually culled it down considerably on bidding wars the last few weeks and made some extra money. BUT I still have lots I forget I have, I bought from other clearance sales last year (LOWE'S! ) and stuff I have not even opened/assembled. I guess a little addicted.

And I was across the line last night and paid Target a visit. Shocked myself that I did not buy anything, but I have a few things that want ot be in my cart as so as xmas clearance discounts start I'll be there

And thank goodness I ended up with a case of tissue paper and a case of gift bags. Will make my last minute wrapping frenzy tonight much easier.
    macw1960 likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well finally all wrapped and all presents delivered to my moms and dh's mom where they will be opened so that way they are out of my house so I have room now to give a good cleaning and we don't have to lug them on day of. My lovely dog (bouvier des Flanders) going for his Christmas bath so he will smell all pretty and be nice and fluffy. As appointment is out of town, we will have a nice lunch out, pick up a poinsettia for Dh's mom at a local greenhouse as superstore had virtually none left last night. So now just finish last minute house cleaning, go to rcss tomorrow for last minute groceries and flowers and make my table arrangements and get the table set. Whew almost there! We are changing up how we open presents this year as it is too long of a day for my dad. So Christmas morning we will do stockings only, have lunch and they will go home for nap then come back for dinner. dinner is generally a sh-t show anyways with relatives so it should be interesting. we will go to my parents house on Boxing Day and open presents. Of course this is after I make a few stops for next years wrapping supplies, tape, wrap, bags and boxes. Hopefully my dadwill have a couple of good days and they get a couple if good nights sleepy things really go south if they are awake most of the night.Just have to go without the flow.

I hope one everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy new year! Enjoy the fruits of your labour and I hope everyone finds awesome deals on Christmas supplies so we can all start the Christmas merry go round again!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and the countdown to Christmas 2016 begins (haha)
    macw1960 and Frugalbigmama like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We went away for Christmas to Cuba and I missed the craziness of the week before, but I did not miss all the shopping as the trip was our gift for DH and I, we then spent a little on the boys . We are treating tommoorrow as our Christmas so the the stockings are hung by the chimney with care.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Wishing that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and the countdown to Christmas 2016 begins (haha)
    I am going to be so organized next year lol. Getting my wrap and tags etc. all organized. Will show the finished product when done .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well Christmas 2016 preparations have begun!!!
    I usually make everyone Christmas Jammies but bought all the ladies onsies today, on clearance for 10.00.
    I redeemed my Shoppers points for a very large amount of hygiene gift sets. These are all going to the Salvation Army. They were really short on these "teenage gifts" this year so I will be dropping off a lot of them. I will get a charitable donation receipt when I give them my Shopper's receipt, so that is a win win!!
    I picked up some Body Shop sets for my granddaughter and all the little gifts for her Advent at Claire's today.
    I also have one son in law done, I bought him a beautiful DC winter coat regular 165.00 for 57.00, and I also picked up a couple of Obey hoodies for my son for 70% off. I also picked up some outfits for my granddaughter at Aeropostle for 60- 70% off.
    Had a great time today and I really don't like to shop!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Nice shopping thriftygranny!
    I wish I got out and did more clearance shopping this past week but have been under the weather. Still will go by my fav SDM and see what they have left.

Well, I survived! Enlisted a friends daughter to do a bunch of wrapping for me or I would have been pulling a couple all nighters. But everything went off without a hitch and it was a wonderful time with family and friends.
    So is there a new thread started yet??

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed "Santa" paper for next year. My honey was out of town and found some for .25 cents a roll and grabbed me 10! I am stocked for a few years hopefully now

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have 1 more box of Christmas decorations to run out to the shed and that will finish Christmas of 2015.

My 12 year old son has already started his shopping for this coming Christmas as he is looking through the clearance sections of various stores, picking gifts up for family members. he was so proud to tell me so of the Christmas gift he purchased were 90% off so lots of extra $ left in his wallet.

My goal for this year is to have my Christmas stockings done by end of June (school year).

I think the jig is up with Santa, my soon to be 13 year old won't discuss the santa, however, he's in grade 7 and I truly believe he knows by a few things he said after Christmas.

I will still make both my children stockings because I love the stockings, however, I will admit they can get costly which is why the deadline of June to have them completed.

My plan is to pick up a gift card each month rotating between sons to make it more affordable PLUS they love the independence of having a gc to purchase a treat so win win.

Happy shopping all
    coupon girl and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good honey!! Mine isn't that well trained. I went out last night to return a gift to London Drugs. Even with actual receipt and not a gift receipt, they would only give me back a gift card So I browsed a bit and their Christmas area was still 75% stocked and clearance was only 50% of their inflated prices....no bargains at all. Lights only discounted by 25%. Disappointing.... SDM was very picked over but i grabbed some 25c ribbon and odds and ends. I did do a Target run and picked up a few things at 70% off but NOTHING like last year.
    Last edited by vw_girl; Thu, Jan 7th, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information