User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Post your Stockpile!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I remember a thread like this a few years ago and i'd love to start a new and updated one.

So.. post your photos below!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'd love to see too as it feels like to me couponing has gotten harder and I have a feeling my stockpile isn't the only one that is lack luster compared to years ago.

Mine isn't even worth posting photos of really. I've only got select items that are stockpiled (soap, tampons, shampoo, deodorant, bbq sauce, cough drops and thats about it!)
    walkonby, Decaf, GeorgiaK and 4 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't stock as much now as I realized most item can be expired even though there is no expiring date.
    I used body wash I bought 3 years ago and my body feels itchy.
    yes, I still have body wash, lotion, shampoo, and face creams from 2-3 years ago.
    lots of Vichy product, cleanser, face cream, and tampon pad from last year.
    Last edited by xueer246; Sun, Jul 17th, 2016 at 11:52 PM.
    coupon girl, lecale, ticul and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The only stock pile I have is around 20 or so of 80 pages coil notebooks I bought from last year. Plus 10 mini flash lights I got from Target. I need to build up my coffee stock pile.

There's a few Aveeno items in my pathetic stockpile...I really miss that coupon.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I am in the same boat as others about a dwindling stockpile.
    Canadian couponing has changed over the last 18 months.
    P & G would offer $1 off or buy 2 save $3 coupons on Tide.
    Last offer I received was 50 cents.
    Also, the wording on the coupons has become much more concise.
    The printable Poise $4 coupon did not excluded 10 packs when first offered.
    Tis rare to find a couponer's favourite word "any" (fill in product name) on coupons.
    My Walmart changed from PMing Canada wide to Ontario to only local flyers.
    My RCSS will not accept nor reduce the coupon value when it is greater than the item price.
    My Food Basics does not pm or accept internet coupons.
    Thank goodness for SCers amazing money saving techniques and their generosity for sharing their information.
    Don't get me wrong -- couponing is still great -- but it's changed for some of us.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Those of us that have been at this for several years have seen a lot of restrictive changes happening in the last year or so. More restrictive wording, diminishing coupon values and changing store policies that are limiting things like pming, number of coupons you can use. etc, have made couponing not as fun or lucrative as before. That being said, I am still living off the pile that I built a few years ago. There has to come a time when you stop buying and start using; otherwise, there is no point to the savings if you keep spending.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

nobody mentioned the fact that many companies want us to print the coupons ourselves, so for me THAT is a huge deterrent in using coupons.
    So any stockpiles that do exist now are probably filled with more " selective " items that members know they use regularly, as opposed to stockpiling because many items were free or definite money makers ( especially members out West of us in Ontario that could stack! )

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I bought stuff like Hamburger Helper for the first time because of coupons and I had to haul it all back to the grocery store food bank barrel it was so...well I am sure if there was a war on I would eat it, but until then...

I am also grossed out by expired stockpile items, because I may as well be shopping at the liquidators if I am going to eat that. And I really cut out the processed foods anyway. Coffee, tea, sugar, a limited amount of pasta, a limited amount of canned corn and tomatoes...just not a lot of stockpiling going on in the food category. I don't keep more than 4 of anything.

I do stockpile my household and bathroom products though and this is where I am using all of my coupons these days. I like dollars off high value products (Tide, L'Oreal, Secret, Lysol, etc) rather than freebies. I don't buy any more than 4 of anything at a time.

I always check my stockpiles for stuff I am not using, and I ditch it - to the neighbours, to the food bank barrel, to the community centre...I can't stand finding something caked in dust when I am cleaning. Trust me, everyone is happier. Once a month!

I read that Marie Kondo book about clutter and I am pretty rigourous across the board now of not hording.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I obviously have not been doing this as long as most people here and I'm sure my stock pile is not as big as some of them used to be but I find I am never forced to pay some of the ridiculous pricing some of the stores ask for things like tp and paper towels. The ones in my basement may not be free but I can tell you they are a lot cheaper then regular price in all the stores that I know of.
    One of the biggest things we find since we started doing the "couponing thing" is that we are always looking at what we are spending and how to get a bit more value out of the money we are spending

Not a great deal but my wife will not drink anything but Pepsi so the pm sdm at 3.49 and a 1000 points is a really good deal. I have learned to play within in RCSS new policy of only 4 pm per time so I will stop on the way home a couple of more times this week and grab those and if there is any of the crest tooth paste left I will also grab a few more
    Last edited by Thatdone; Mon, Jul 18th, 2016 at 06:27 PM.
    Angela273, GeorgiaK, ticul and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have a reasonable stockpile. What I need or want and for a time period that makes sense.
    Also, I have better uses for my storage space.
    Angela273, ticul, peachy1 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I have a large stockpile of wipes, diapers and now some toothpaste however much has already been given away. I like buying 5 or so of items I know I'll use but to just buy it for no Reason other than it's cheap of free doesn't work for me. Aveeno items I wouldn't otherwise indulge in - but that $5 coupon was great. I never stockpile food items - other than the cereal from hasbro promo - which I still have a few boxes of now. I had found a great deal on sunlight about 2 years ago and am now down to my last case of liquid jugs so am on the lookout for near free detergent and softner - oh yes and toilet paper. we all need that
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Hunter View Post
    I remember a thread like this a few years ago and i'd love to start a new and updated one.

So.. post your photos below!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lisa , There are lots of flyers but here are (maybe?) some good deals
    Tuff 65 load laundry detergent/ 100 fabric softner $2 at CT
    Rona (Sat/Sun) $4.99 for 18 Bathroom tissue or 6 giant paper towel rolls
    Rexall $2.99 8 pack toilet paper rolls
    ticul, peachy1 and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I agree with ziafranca-couponing has changed over the last few years -its evident in the amount of coupons I have used this year way less than last year -and I don't own a printer so no printed ones for me
    -my coupon (only coupons) usage since I track it was
    2013-$1,784.52
    2014-$1337.46
    2015-$814.11

so far this year I am only at 328.90-which is way down but then again I am living off my stockpile and there is only 2 of us unlike 3 years ago there were 3 of us
    -I did just go down to 2 pkgs of toilet paper -and bought 4 on sale 3.99 (shoppers)
    -but I haven't bought shower gel for like 2 years now gonna take that down to almost bare and don't need floor cleaner (mr.clean ,etc)just stocked up on my dishsoap to about 10 bottles with only 2 of us don't need as much anymore
    -yes the wording on coupons has changed -I guess due to misuse out there -oh and I donated about 15 pkgs of 3 bars of soap last year to a womens shelter -had way to much soap thanks to the olay coupon a few years back
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jul 19th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Had to go back and look at my coupon usage over the last few years:

2012 $765
    2013 $980
    2014 $1160
    2015 $960

On track this year to use $550 coupons if I keep using at the same rate, so yeah, something is different.

Hard to believe I have used $4.5k in "not real money" to shop in the last 5 years for 2 people...and this does not include store points!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Had to go back and look at my coupon usage over the last few years:

2012 $765
    2013 $980
    2014 $1160
    2015 $960

On track this year to use $550 coupons if I keep using at the same rate, so yeah, something is different.

Hard to believe I have used $4.5k in "not real money" to shop in the last 5 years for 2 people...and this does not include store points!
    2012 = $10,120.25
    2013 = $16,357.12
    2014 = $16,012.95
    2015 = $2,416.85
    2016 so far = $1,663.78

So yes, definitely a massive drop in the last 18 months like someone else said too. The crap part is we moved within that time so I gave away almost everything because it wasn't worth moving and now we're a month away for paying full price for toothpaste. I don't have access to coupons where I am as much anymore to do trading plus the stores are so specific here so its real hard to get things free.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information