• 5 Post By Chantel
  • 4 Post By anisa
  • 6 Post By mulock
  • 4 Post By Newfiescreech
  • 2 Post By bluerose

Thread: " Portable " Dishwasher and Laundry Machine

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Never knew such thing existed until recently and I want both reaaally bad!

Do you, or have you had one? Do you recommend certain brands?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I want a portable dishwasher for Xmas - I saw them at bestbuy
    I wonder how good they are

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We had a portable dishwasher until two years ago - we had no room for it here when we moved.

Absolutely loved it - it was a Kenmore and was a workhorse. We had gotten it used at a second hand appliance place, so didn't pay much for it - then my husband was handy and was able to fix it when something went wrong.

It was big - larger than a built-in (and fits more inside) - and because it's a separate unit you have to have room to keep it somewhere until you roll it up to the sink to hook up to the faucet.

I miss it!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I had a full size Kenmore portable dishwasher a few years ago, it was great.

A basic model is usually fairly dependable.
    barbis9, Candini and Davetherave like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know much about portable laundry machines, I've seen one, it's about the size of a mini fridge. Not sure of quality but I know it wouldn't work for my needs.

There are two kinds of portable dishwashers I've seen; the ones on wheels that roll around and a countertop one that is about third-size to a standard dishwasher in terms of capacity.

Personally, the only reason I'd ever get a countertop version is if it was for an RV or something. I honestly do not think they're worth it, you can't even fit a decent sized pot inside most of them unless that's all you put in there.

Have you considered looking secondhand? They're 800ish new and I see them go for 200 and under almost every time. I would absolutely recommend getting someone handy to come with you to view secondhand ones and have them check for issues.

The built-in dishwasher in our house has been replaced twice (I think) in my lifetime and is getting near needing to be done again. They do not last like fridges and stoves so I do not think they're worth it to buy brand new and spend the same kind of money when they have half the life of a stove or fridge. Buy from someone else who made the investment and then moved somewhere with a built in. They don't last, so buy cheap.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I bought my portable dishwasher from a Sears outlet for about 400, and sold it for 275 when I bought a house with a dishwasher. I had used it for maybe less than 2 years
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For a second I thought 'Portable Dishwasher and Laundry Machine' were all-in-one.....that scared me. Plates with panties! Socks with saucers!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought kenmore portable washer and it last for years and years (17years ) in total .. It was awesome when I was living in apartment ..when we bought our house .. I needed something bigger .. friend drop by one day .. Seen portable washer and wanted buy it ..told her to take it out my way .. She got almost 10 years out it .. Don't make them like that anymore .. If I can get 7 to 8 years out washer now I'm darn lucky ..

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had a portable dishwasher once and when we had the room we baught a kit to make it into one that fit into the cabinets.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Thread Information